A New Dawn Beta Builds

The warlord units are messed up.

Here is the log: {Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic Forestation {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} ANM Fortifications Formations {Better RoM}

The warlord units are messed up.

Here is the log: {Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic Forestation {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} ANM Fortifications Formations {Better RoM}

That's impossible, I don't install or modify those units. Are you sure that you didn't modify them?

Pick smaller maps or mess with the ini, there are some optimizations you can change there. I know really old computers (like my Mom's laptop) that can run AND fine, albeit slowly. I highly doubt that I "surpassed" the minimum requirements for your machine.

It's not AND. I can't run any mods now. I suspect that the latest or near latest Windows update is causing it!

It's not AND. I can't run any mods now. I suspect that the latest or near latest Windows update is causing it!

Just update your drivers, run windows update a few times, restart your computer and you'll be fine. Worst case scenario, reinstall BTS.

Yeah, I was contemplating some changes. I figure making them cost a large chunk of gold (25 gold/tile?) and slowing down the build speed would balance them better. 500 gold a tile seems a bit ridiculous.
It may seem ridiculous but when I was at that point of the game I could afford it. They need to be made more expensive for sure....not so sure on the extra time but I guess if taken in relation to how long it takes to build roads on land it would make sense.

A possibly harder "fix" would be to make the tunnels go only between two plots in a fixed way......not underground/water highways but actual tunnels.

It may seem ridiculous but when I was at that point of the game I could afford it. They need to be made more expensive for sure....not so sure on the extra time but I guess if taken in relation to how long it takes to build roads on land it would make sense.

A possibly harder "fix" would be to make the tunnels go only between two plots in a fixed way......not underground/water highways but actual tunnels.

Looking at the actual XML, it seems that they already cost 50/tile. I bumped it up to 125/tile and tripled the time it takes to build them. Complain again if they are still unbalanced. :p

Hi

Great work so far.

I am still getting the black terrain. Running mega with beta 3. Has this been fixed yet or do we still need to take out some civs?

cheers.

Minor bug:
You forgot to put ROME in the MLF Loading file. I am in late Classical and just found out this :(. Now I have to start over :sigh:. No matter.

Positive Feedback:
Love that Defense info/hoverover :D
Love new formations, and hoping it won't cause MAFs....
Love Domestication Mod
Love that mod that added new Defense buildings
Love these new options, especially Assimilation and Flexible Difficulty

Should be enough positives to outweigh that minor bug :lol:.

Minor bug:
You forgot to put ROME in the MLF Loading file. I am in late Classical and just found out this :(. Now I have to start over :sigh:. No matter.

For the MLF file, is it just "ROME" or something else?

Love that Defense info/hoverover

I've made a bunch of tweaks since beta3, ironed out all the bugs, and added a bit more detail. You'll like the next one even better, promise! Also, I changed it so the defense rate always shows, even if it's 0, so you can see the suggested builds. And I factored into the calculations if the one the suggested buildings replaces a defensive building, it subtracts that from the new defense. For example, now High Walls will list as a +20% defense boost (since they replace the walls 30% boost.) :p

Hi

Great work so far.

I am still getting the black terrain. Running mega with beta 3. Has this been fixed yet or do we still need to take out some civs?

cheers.

Probably. For the record, do you get the Black Terrain with RoM Mega without AND?

Just got this error traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 357, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "Revolution", line 600, in onEndPlayerTurn
File "Revolution", line 1004, in updatePlayerRevolution
File "Revolution", line 2163, in checkForRevolution
File "Revolution", line 3498, in pickRevolutionStyle
File "Revolution", line 4397, in makeRevolutionDecision
File "Revolution", line 5048, in processRevolution
File "RevUtils", line 1128, in changeCiv
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

in PythonDbg:
PY: Revolt - Changing leader to Genghis Khan
23:47:16 TRACE: Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method Revolution.onEndPlayerTurn of <Revolution.Revolution instance at 0x5E4368F0>>
23:47:16 TRACE: unidentifiable C++ exception

I am really starting to think that RevDCM is the main contributor to all these crashes.

EDIT: OK tried a new game withOUT RevDCM on and i have had NO CTD yet, i usually get them around turn 105, all in the Classical era(around 5-7 CTD by then), but i am at turn 210 now (Classical) NO CTD's so far!.

I have somewhere around 40 games that i have started lately with Rev on because alot of people said Rev was so good. I have taken out EACH little module ONE by ONE to see what is causing these crashes and all i can figure out so far is, it has to be in the RevDCM area. I have yet to complete a game.

So if RevDCM is the BACKBONE of RoM, then somethings wrong:confused::crazyeye: (Of course this is MY opinion.) (OOPs now see two posts later by me).

btw, your new Beta build is darn good work, thx.

That's impossible, I don't install or modify those units. Are you sure that you didn't modify them?
There seems to be something wrong with Vincentz's 2.8 update. The Warlords that Zappara put with 2.8 are fine.

I keep getting this CTD, i have tried now three different times to get it to work, but it just CTD.

I am fighting a Crusader against an Incan archer, and as soon as i WIN the fight, poof crash, each and every time.

EDIT: Also see last post before by me with the EDIT.

Assimilation seems not working for me... :(

I conquered the Indians and I should be able to build "fast workers"...

anything I can do about it?

the dynamic difficult level is absolutely awesome btw. !

Probably. For the record, do you get the Black Terrain with RoM Mega without AND?

No I dont. Mega with 1.55 worked perfectly, then beta 2 gave me black terrain problem same with beta 3, to fix I need to remove about 10 civs.

I think somewhere in the forums I read you talking about the problem is from running out of vram, or its about the amount of initial graphics the program loads when you first start up RoM. Would removing a whole bunch of extra leaderheads instead of civs work as well in solving the problem?

For the MLF file, is it just "ROME" or something else?

I just use RoM 2.81, AND (excluding a few mods) OS79 (of course!), Vincentz' new Warlord, and ROME so that is all I can say, yeah. ROME needs to be addded to the MLF Loading file.

There seems to be something wrong with Vincentz's 2.8 update. The Warlords that Zappara put with 2.8 are fine.

Kk, Good to hear it isn't me for a change.

@StrategyOnly, thanks for that, I'm going to look into that python error, it seems to happen too often...

Assimilation seems not working for me... :(

I conquered the Indians and I should be able to build "fast workers"...

anything I can do about it?

the dynamic difficult level is absolutely awesome btw. !

Thanks for the report, I haven't had time to test all the game options, so I needed people to test them...

No I dont. Mega with 1.55 worked perfectly, then beta 2 gave me black terrain problem same with beta 3, to fix I need to remove about 10 civs.

I think somewhere in the forums I read you talking about the problem is from running out of vram, or its about the amount of initial graphics the program loads when you first start up RoM. Would removing a whole bunch of extra leaderheads instead of civs work as well in solving the problem?

It should.

I just use RoM 2.81, AND (excluding a few mods) OS79 (of course!), Vincentz' new Warlord, and ROME so that is all I can say, yeah. ROME needs to be addded to the MLF Loading file.

kk, Added.

New bug, when Formations turned on, the unit becomes invisible at the very low strength.

Spoiler :

Actually, your unit isn't invisible, he's just mixed in with the units in the next tile over. If you look really closely, you can see him. :)

Yay! I can die happy now! :D :goodjob: :king:
Yeah, but don't die anytime soon. :p

I guess i write alittle to soon on the errors, now i am getting CTD's on turn 223, 230, 234, 237 , and so far 240. From what i can see, nothing is being built, or a unit being made. Just CTD except for the last one, a civ declared war on me and captured my worker, and the screen went a little dim and poof CTD.

Top Bottom