Solving Bugs

Renaming villages in the villages.sql might be sufficient.

Windmill-Workshop rename is actually in an xml file. Core Roots folder, civupbuildings.xml
Musketman-Great War Infantry are renamed in civupdata.xml (same folder as above). xml should also be easy to edit with notepad/notepad++

Arquebusier doesn't exist as a default text reference, like the blast furnace one, so removing it entirely would break the text for it yes.

Personally I found most of the renames much better (especially the arque-rifle change because it removes the lame GWI name, and the "no windmill on a hill city" doesn't make sense to me either), but if it's that jarring for you, it's easy enough to fix for now.

It's mostly the familiarity factor for me. I wasn't too keen on seeing base-game names shuffled around to different units/buildings. It left me confused for a while and eventually just settled on being a minor annoyance when I kept looking for things I knew I had but wasn't familiar with the new names for. Like staring at my hill-city and wondering why I can't build a workshop because it just never clicked that windmills were now named workshops.

running a bunch of mods - most do not much but enhance play..

Found several problems - do not know if it is an issue between the GEM and American Domination, but figured maybe someone has found this issue already.

1). No upgrade for American Minutemen - they are not upgradable - once you have them and they become obsolete, your only recourse is to delete for the cash

2). This is a bad issue - my gold counter is off - I have had several turns after adding warehouses to several cities where its state I have 200+ gold income, yet my gold in the treasury is going down -- what gives.

3) A lot of the GEM has no enhancements / or the descriptions are missing (ie Warehouse, Panama Canal wonder

2) Is a long running bug in civup/GEM. It is reported in the threads below in a couple variations. I am not sure what causes it myself, but it doesn't just hit your gold, but also faith/science, etc. It seems to be related to golden ages, but that's not official.

3) Is likely a mod conflict causing portions, like new wonders or buildings, not to load fully. Text errors are usually a good sign that something has gone wrong in the loading process.
1) Is also likely a mod conflict, but it's been a while since I've played USA in 1.13 to be sure. They should be upgradeable to conscripts/airborne in the vanguard tree.

Hello,

I am playing with Unofficial G&K patch + G&K Enhanced Mod and I get a never-ending golden age bug for the second time. Every turn I get info about golden age and I have some crazy number of happiness toward the golden age. Anyone had this problem?

Hello

Ive been getting a persistant CTD, and after running all the sugested steps and turning the graphics down and setting the interface options back to defualt I still get the same CTD consistantly. This also happened on a pervious game.

As requested I have attached my LUA.

Thank you

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    5.3 KB · Views: 211
Hello

Ive been getting a persistant CTD, and after running all the sugested steps and turning the graphics down and setting the interface options back to defualt I still get the same CTD consistantly. This also happened on a pervious game.

As requested I have attached my LUA.

Thank you

You can delete the above, 3.8 + has been working fine for me.

Hello, is this mod still getting updates or its died? Mod looks very interesting.

My game is freezing every time I try to start a game with the Communitas mods active. I can get all the way through to where you click the begin button at the bottom of your little Civ profile thing and then the game just locks up.

I have no other mods installed and I have made sure to set all my settings to defaults to see if they were causing it. If anyone has any ideas it would be great. Log file below.

Thanks

Attachments

• Lua.7z
    3.2 KB · Views: 209
Thank you for providing your log.
Unfortunately the game hasn't even commenced correctly so there isn't much it can tell us.

Is your mod from here, CivFanatics, or a Steam release?

I am assuming it was working in the past? Has Steam updated the game engine or patched any files? Could you provide the version of you Civ game.
I have version 1.0.3.144 and all is well. Is yours different?

Thanks for the reply.

I got the mod directly from steam.

This is my first time trying this mod so I have never had it on in the past.

I am on 1.0.3.144 too, I made sure I verified my cache for Civ 5 and it said all files were fine.

However since posting my last message I tried a completely different mod (I believe it was Elder Scrolls Mod) and I got the exact same lock up of the game so it seems my problem is not specific to Communitas. It seems to be something about certain mods that it doesn't like for me.

Try deleting the cache file at C:\Users\[NAME]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\

I have it working now, apparently if I just leave the game locked up it eventually starts working (after 5 - 10 minutes). I didn't think it was ever going to start working again if I just waited as it should not take my PC that long to load it!

Looks interesting, but I can't seem to get it to work.. no matter what I try to disable (and delete cache and such), I always end up with some weird bugs
- unable to click on construction, research etc, like if left click wasn't working, manually selecting city makes me just stuck. Fixed by unchecking some mods (Cities of Marble, Reform and Rule,...)

- unable to see possible research - the whole window seems glitchy (and empty) and the best I can do is set research using the "open technology tree". Cannot seem to fix this by anything so far

it's over 0:30 AM here and I won't be at the computer till tomorrow evening, then I'll continue to test this. Dunno if it just dislikes some other mods (I have quite a bit of WHoward's Pick'N'Mix mods and some others)

Make sure you have everything updated. Many problems like you are describing are attributable to out-of-date game files.

Having made sure of that, please provide as much info as possible when detailing your difficulties.

CEP plays pretty well with a lot of mods. Whoward's mods are very easy to work with and don't mess with it too much.

I have BNW with the latest version. The game crashes when I try to start a new game during the loading screen. It crashes when I just use the AI and Tools mod only.

I tried deleting cache and moduser folders. I don't know why it stops working now when it worked perfectly fine before. I tried DX9 and DX10, and nothing helped.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 204
Check the status of your game installation.
Open your Steam client window to the Library tab.
Right-click on Civilization V and select Properties
On the new window that opens up select the 3rd tab, Local Files and click the Verify Integrity of Game Cache... button.
This will run a check on your game files and update any that are needing to be fixed.

It is very strange that you are not able to get past the loading screen. By this I am assuming you mean the screen with the Leader head and civ info you have chosen to play as?

Top Bottom