Stupid auto tile selection

rbj2001

Warlord
Choosing the unimproved corn tile instead of the second fish tile makes absolutely no sense. Its two less food and no gold. Even if I select the fish manually then turn the auto-tile back on, it changes it back.

My question is why...

(Could it be a K-mod thing?)

Yep that's it, wants to avoid unhappiness..i always check tiles before ending turns quickly for such reasons, can never trust govs to not do incredibly stupid things.

Yeah, I mean, even though it shouldn't prioritize growth for that reason, as I understand it, the extra population offsets the unhappiness exactly, so there's no harm to growing, and you can still use the extra population for whipping, plus in this case you'd get gold as well for free. Stupid AI...

The phrase "stupid AI" is redundant.

That said, the AI is consistent. Once you learn the situations where it makes a bad choice you can just manage those places manually and let the AI do what it is capable of doing.

if you highlighted food, production and commerce I'm fairly sure it would do as you wanted, selecting 2 fish and 2 mines.
I usually always do that in when the cities reach a certain size, and using Alt+lmb on the citybar selects all cities, so its faster ;)

Yep, I nearly always click at least emphasize :food: and :commerce:, sometimes also :hammers:. And if you have tile yields on in the main map, you can see if a strong tile is not being worked. Or you can just take a peek into every city before ending turn.

Top Bottom