Civ 5 SCENARIOS!!!!!!

Im all for a napoleonic war scenario, a civil war scenario and a ww1 scenario.

Less detail on the battlefront in exchange for a global scale. I'd like that.

Not sure you'll get it quite like that... one of the things that seems to have changed thanks to the one unit per tile rule is that battles get spread out over wider areas, and I suspect will involve more micromanagement, than in Civ 4 where you just needed to click your big stack and make it attack again and again the enemy.

In addition, someone mentioned barbarians, and since barbarians now have their own tech tree, I think it likely there will be some way of playing them.

Since they are bragging that this is the most moddable Civ ever, i expect to see some far out senarios, like some of the ones included with BtS. You know scenarios to show how much modding can changed Civ V.

Chalks has a point. With the distribution system they might release them a little later, and/or "feature" mods made by beta-testers.

I would like another RFC for CiV. After the one in CIV (never tried the one in Civ III(never got Civ III), I can't wait for the senarios. If the game is more moddable than CIV, I'm gonna try out my modern-world senario (have been thinking about it for a while), and see where it goes from their.

RFC was a CIV mod only.

I would love to see it again. Best scenario ever! but we will have to see the game first to decide whether it is possible to mod in(firaxis will unlikely do this same scenario twice so close together)

(firaxis will unlikely do this same scenario twice so close together)

RFC was not created by Fireaxis. Nor was Fall From Heaven (1). They were fan mods, included by Fireaxis with permission with BTS.

With the new easier-to-use modding tools that Firaxis are spruiking, I would expect that the modding community will be the ones providing the scenarios. Remember there will be an in-game browser or if not at least an official forum supported by Firaxis for this purpose.

Assuming it's correct they won't be shipping any scenarios with vanilla, I think it indicates they understand the reality that included scenarios are usually poor in comparison to what the community can achieve (assuming they have the tools they need!).

Anyone hopping on bobtjoe's rage train :)lol: by the way) will probably feel a bit silly when they find lots of scenarios available after the game's release anyway. Historical scenario creators will be eager to get their work out there for everyone to enjoy. Just watch. ;)

I think the initial scenarios need to be the basics for a reason. The game itself comes with so much art that adding new units for a scenario simply isn't practical. It should be focused on showcasing a particular feature or objective by recreating a point in history. It isn't about completely rethinking what Civ5 is. It wouldn't make sense to do that so shortly after we are introduced to Civ5 to begin with.

Personally, I'd be interested to see an ancient non European scenario, like the rise of China or something. Western centric scenarios tire me somewhat.

Some of it will be European, which doesn't bother me, but, I'd rather they stayed away from the really stereotypical, usual stuff (eg WW2, Napoleon, colonial race, Caesar) because they've just been overdone in so many different games. I'd rather they tried to focus on stuff that's a little more fresh (eg play a game as Carausius the usurper, or build Canute's empire) - anything for a little variety.

More stuff outside of Europe is great too.

I think the game is in its finest form when it gets people curious about history, and doing stuff they already know doesn't do that as well as doing scenarios based on historical events they're unfamiliar with.

I never considered the scenarios included with civ to be poor. Community mods are often less polished than official ones too.

Not bad, but they could easily be expanded in various ways (more looking at the chinese unifikation, Broken Star, Mesoamerica Crossroads and Gods of old than on Afterworld and FF). They seem unfinished for me, half of the content was not exchanged, but really needed too (for example the tech tree).

Two of the most significant Third World conflicts of the 20th Century:

South Asia Conflict scenario, 1947-71 including Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh

Iran-Iraq War scenario, 1980-88

hey The J are you going to be making a mars now mod for ciV

I would like to, but probably not.
I don't have the needed art skills, so at this point i depend on the great artists here, and i'll probably also not have the time to do it again.

I'll better support some other mod creators with skripting.

Personally i would like to see a mesopotamia mod for Civ5 :).

Top Bottom