Rat44 CCM - Ultimate Challenge

Does anyone recall what the utility was that helped you manage happy / unhappy in Civ3?

Some type of map stat, so that I have a better hint went cities about to go bad.

I am starting to fool around with Civ3 again, and forget how much tougher happy was with the total city riots.

Mapstat would do it. CAII also has an alert for towns that will riot. I suggest the popheads mods to make it easier to see unhappy/content faces.

I use mapstat as it lets you see unhappiness as well as trades available

I forgot about pop heads

Can I get links to both.

Fooling around with my world map right now.

Thanks - maybe now I can get enough of WM game done to feel confident in Civ3 again.

Does anyone know what happened to the drop down selection menu that was at the bottom of all screens?
It was removed after the server outages in March to reduce the load. That drop down was autogenerated and created a lot of HTML text, since it let you go to each and every subforum.

I like popheads as it lets me not bother to bring up CAII for the very early game. Lets me scroll down the F1 screen looking builds and spot happy issues as well.

I can add the smiley-popheads to the next CCM-mainfile if it is such a help for you. :)

Thanks - map stat helping a lot today -forget how many adjustments I made to base game.

Still need to go searching for the mod that make it easier to tell forest and jungle apart.

You should consider a 31 color mod as well. Iuse the one darski made, but any is better than none.

Pre-turn - Move unmoved troops towards Mongolia.

500AD - Move troops towards Mongolia. Stop a riot in Gatineau.
Invisible unit captures one of our Greek Scouts.
525AD - More troops movements. We have a nice stack next to Boston, so now we just need to build an attack stack next to Washington!
550AD - zzz...
India completes Angkor Wat.
575AD - Move some troops towards Canada. I can attack them in a couple more turns.
600AD - Same
Toronto deposes us :cry:
625AD - We've met Spain. They're in the Age of Discovery, have 286 gold, and are located north of Britain.
I send 3 ACavs towards Canada, I think I'll need 'em to subdue Toronto again.
650AD - Canada moves an English Pike into our lands. We give the boot order. They cave.
Dial up Mongolia and declare!

Bulgan:
WE kills Spear 1-0
WE kills Spear and takes the city 2-0

Move most of the troops from Washington towards Bulgan; Mongolia will be able to counterattack with several units.

Ulaangom:
ACav kills rKeshik outside the city 3-0
WE retreats from rSpear
AC kills rSpear 4-0
AC kills rSpear 5-0

IBT - Keshik dies to WE in Bulgan. 6-0
Keshik kills Enslaver in Bulgan. 6-1
Keshik kills WE in Bulgan. 6-2
Keshik kills WE in Bulgan. 6-3
Keshik kills Chariot in Bulgan. 6-4
Mongol Archer dies to AC in Ulaangom. 7-4
Keshik dies to AC (now elite) 8-4

Calgary riots.

675AD - AC kills Keshik at Ulaangom (but drat, that was a hill, so he'll die on the IBT) 9-4
Enslaver retreats from Spear
Enslaver kills Spear 10-4
AC kills Keshik by Bulgan 11-4

We give Canada the boot order again. They comply, but now our peace treaty has no length to it, so we declare.

IBT - Keshiks kill two exposed ACavs. 11-6
Keshik dies to Pike in Bulgan. 12-6
Keshik dies to MDI in Bulgan. 13-6
Keshik dies to Pike in Ulaangom. 14-6
Keshik retreats.
Keshik kills MDI at Bulgan. 14-7
Keshik kills Pike in Bulgan. 14-8
Keshik kills WE at Bulgan. 14-9

By Thunder Bay:
MDI kills our Pike 14-10
Knight kills our TW. 14-11
Montreal, Vancouver, and Ottawa all riot. Sigh. I checked our cities before the IBT.

700AD - Catapults kill a Keshik and an AC by Bulgan 16-11
Chariot dies to Horsearcher. 16-12
MDI forces a Keshik to retreat
Enslaver kills Keshik 17-12
Catapult kills Keshik 18-12
Enslaver kills Keshik 19-12

Catapult retreats from Canadian MDI.
TW kills it. 20-12

We meet Babylon. They're broke, but they're in the Age of Discovery. They're near Spain.

IBT -
Keshik kills MDI 20-13
Keshik dies to WE 21-13
Keshik dies to ACav (now elite) 22-13
Keshik kills eACav 22-14
Keshik dies to WE 23-14
Keshik dies to WE 24-14
Keshik dies to WE 25-14
Keshik kills WE 25-15
Keshik kills Cat 25-16
Keshik kills Cat and retakes Bulgan. :( 25-17

725AD -

Thunder Bay:
eTW kills Pike 26-17
TW kills Pike 27-17
TW dies 27-18
TW kills Pike 28-18
TW kills Knight 29-18
TW kills Pike 30-18
TW kills Knight 31-18
TW kills LB 32-18
redlined Catapult kills redlined Pike 33-18

Toronto:
Chariot dies to Pike 33-19
Chariot kills Pike 34-19
AC retreats
AC dies
AC kills Spear 35-19

Enslaver kills redlined Keshik 36-19
AC dies to Mongol AC 36-20
AC kills Mongol AC 37-20

I misclicked a Spear and sent it into the grassland :(

The Mongol situation is okay but not great. I think the next player will have to focus on killing lots of Keshiks in the grassland near Washington before we can make much more progress.

I can add the smiley-popheads to the next CCM-mainfile if it is such a help for you. :)
I'm a big fan of Puppeteer's popheads, so...Yeah! :woohoo:

I think I had better swap or skip. I would be free Sunday night, so CB, you can choose between playing after Elephantium, or letting me play first. Whichever works better for you.
I'm up in Raliuven 3.5 and waiting for feedback on the 1000 BC strategy post, so it will be faster if you play next.

Is the AI building Basic Settlers or Motorized Settlers?

We'll be able to operate a lot more freely with Canada out of the game. :goodjob:

A bloody struggle against the Mongols, but we can wear down their field army as well outside Washington as anywhere else, as you suggest. We need to get one-turn roading stacks to the front as usual, though. I don't know exactly what happened at Bulgan, but we would have had a better chance of holding the town if we'd had a road to it.

We can buy Chivalry and Literature for about 145 gpt, advance to the next Age, and collect our free tech. I don't see any reason to wait--it's not as though a twofer opportunity will arise. Our free tech might even have trade value, though I'd be surprised.

This will put us right back into a tight financial situation, however, so we'll have to be very prudent about spending gold on AC --> knight upgrades.

We'll then have efficient knight production in Washington (if we prefer knights to Jumbos there), Boston, Philadelphia, and Atlanta (stealing a tile from Gatineau), though New York will be more of a problem.

Or we might choose to build one-turn pikemen in Washington for a while, because we're underproducing them relative to the intensity of Keshik attack Tusker reports.

Our Canadian towns don't seem to have been adjusted since we eliminated Canada, and almost all of them need serious MM.

Good progress even it's tough going against Mongols. It's great to see the flip risk Canada eliminated :goodjob:

Yes, please purchase both techs required to reach the next age immediately.

I would trade with the least wealthy far away civ, that's Babylon. No need to infuse money into the Civs we would attack sooner than them.

The Roster:
ThERat
Northern Pike
Greebley - up
Elephantium - just played
CommandoBob - on deck

Top Bottom