Razeing City with Units inside

Whiterussian

Warlord
Hello all

Haven't played CivV for while, now with the new Patch i am really getting in to it!

One thing i stumbled upon. I Razed a enemy citiy while i still had some Units in it. I think it was 1 Rifleman and a couple of Bombers and Biplane. Don't know what happend to the Rifleman but the Planes where destroyed with the city.

Is that meant to be that way? I would have expected the planes just to move to the next city or something. Kind of messed up my planing that i just lost them...

thnx

Well, although I didnt try it myself, the outcome is exactly what I thought would happen - so I believe it is meant that way.

He does have a point though. It's no different really to a unit being moved when in someone else's borders and the open borders agreement ends.

At least having them wake up and ask to be moved on the last turn before it disappears.

when I have razed cities with land units in them, the units remain when the city is gone.

Haven't had the experience with air units though.... are you sure they didn't rebase nearby? if you razed another city nearby before it, maybe the nearest city was out of range to rebase.

Top Bottom