Domination victory and science

chukonu

Chieftain
Usually when I play a game I like to go for a domination victory.

Lately I am attempting to go from immortal to deity but have a few questions.

1. Do you sacrifice building libraries and wait for the national college? Usually when I go for a science victory I build the NC by turn 60, when is a good time for a domination victory?

2. On Deity does the AI out tech your military by several upgrades if you wait by turn 100-120 for the NC ?

3. How many beakers should I have by turn 100? Turn 200?

4. Should I shoot for Education asap or wait and go down the more military side of the tech tree?

Thanks for any support to my understanding of deity warmongering science builds.

Usually when I play a game I like to go for a domination victory.

Lately I am attempting to go from immortal to deity but have a few questions.

1. Do you sacrifice building libraries and wait for the national college? Usually when I go for a science victory I build the NC by turn 60, when is a good time for a domination victory?

2. On Deity does the AI out tech your military by several upgrades if you wait by turn 100-120 for the NC ?

3. How many beakers should I have by turn 100? Turn 200?

4. Should I shoot for Education asap or wait and go down the more military side of the tech tree?

Thanks for any support to my understanding of deity warmongering science builds.

This should probably go in the strategy forum, but whatever.

1. Personally I try the usual 3-4 city startup before I build a National College. For me, at least, it's always important to get a solid industrial core to ensure you won't be roflstomped by the time the medieval era.

2. You gotta keep in mind that when it comes to Deity you will ALWAYS be behind in one way or another, and this is especially true when it comes to science. I'd say that as long as you have that solid industrial core with lots of population you should be fine. However, again, you should work on the NC as soon as you have an industrial base.

3. I'm not good with specific numbers :S

4. My personal strategy is to get Education ASAP and then catch up to muskets/rifleman. However, it depends alot on what game speed you're running. If you're doing quick or standard this is a good idea- if you're doing marathon or epic it may be different though. Personally I play with Historical era mods (quick build epic science), and this strategy usually works wonders in those games.

Good luck bumping things up to Deity!

Top Bottom