Does Anyone still play multiplayer?

brownjb8940

Chieftain
Hi, I am an avid player of Civ 3, but Ive never played with anyone else. hod do i play with the Game spy servers decommed?:scan:

Hi, I am an avid player of Civ 3, but Ive never played with anyone else. hod do i play with the Game spy servers decommed?:scan:

I have never played online, but you can play multiplayer with one computer if you have friends that are interested in playing and then use the Hot Seat option for multiplayer. I have done that with my son and it works pretty well.

I still play Multiplayer, usually with my own scenario's though.

I didn't even know you could play it multiplayer.. But I would be willing to play you. I downloaded game ranger and couldn't find any rooms though

So try gameranger and we can play one day

I've tried a couple of times through Steam but the game is so damn laggy.

Never got to play it properly.. :(

I think, over the internet it is hopeless. A game takes too long, and when you safe it for later continuation, you'll never get the same set of people together again...
I played a lot of PBEM here on this forum, and that was quite nice (if you are willing to accept, that a game lasts for 2-3 years... Kind of like Postal Chess...), but the PBEM community is quite small by now. I think there are just 1-2 active games left at the moment.

Finding 2-3 friends at home and playing a LAN game is about the only chance, I think.

I think, over the internet it is hopeless. A game takes too long, and when you safe it for later continuation, you'll never get the same set of people together again...
I played a lot of PBEM here on this forum, and that was quite nice (if you are willing to accept, that a game lasts for 2-3 years... Kind of like Postal Chess...), but the PBEM community is quite small by now. I think there are just 1-2 active games left at the moment.

Finding 2-3 friends at home and playing a LAN game is about the only chance, I think.

Hey, I remember our games :goodjob: Too bad you don't like Civ 4, as a matter of fact we just started to play cool WW1 game just a week ago!

This Evolve thing sounds interesting. Gonna try it and hope it removes the constant lag I'm having :crazyeye:

Hey, I remember our games :goodjob: Too bad you don't like Civ 4, as a matter of fact we just started to play cool WW1 game just a week ago!

Oh yeah, that was a cool one. (But I guess the WW1 scenario for Civ3 is/was a bit too unbalanced for multiplayer... )
Do you have a link to the new game? Can't hurt, if I lurk a bit... I'm kind of familiar with Civ4 (in fact played it on a LAN party once...), though I guess I won't start any games with it now. If I start any PBEMs now, it'll be Civ5.

Here, WWI.
Civ4 > Civ5 hands down. One cannot treat map of Europe like it is a map of Verdun, i.e. to have tactical combat on strategy map.

Top Bottom