Police mod v1.0 for BTS 3.13

i really like this idea for the police, as long as the bonuses were not cumilative.

The mission of the police is to protect and to serve the people in the city in which they are assigned. Knowing that it could take several turns to produce enough policemen for every city, are you saying the happiness and spy thwarting capabilities for this unit are to powerful?

Note: The next release of the police unit will have an additional capability that reduces the percentage chance for a city to revolt. The only promotions for the new police unit will be limitted to "Riot Control". Testing is going on right now.

Hey Orion,

Have you ever considered creating some kind of 'police'-unit throughout the ages.

For instance militia for ancient era, one for classical era, one for medieval, one for renaissance (minuteman), one for industrial age, one for modern age (police, I suppose) and one for the future era (Robocop :D)

If you make in a separate unitcombat-class, you can specify which promotions are available for the units. You can also upgrade the unit from militia to robocop as more techs become available.

Keep the units cheap and weak, only defend and a bonus to city defense.

Hey Orion,

Have you ever considered creating some kind of 'police'-unit throughout the ages.

For instance militia for ancient era, one for classical era, one for medieval, one for renaissance (minuteman), one for industrial age, one for modern age (police, I suppose) and one for the future era (Robocop :D)

If you make in a separate unitcombat-class, you can specify which promotions are available for the units. You can also upgrade the unit from militia to robocop as more techs become available.

Keep the units cheap and weak, only defend and a bonus to city defense.

Yes I have actually. The current upgrade path is:

Scout > Explorer > Minuteman > Police

All are weak units that do provide a logical upgrade path, where none existed before for the Explorer. I have not come up with an upgrade unit for the Police yet. Although, Robocob is an interesting idea. There was another idea tossed around and that was the National Guard unit.

What do you think?

I think police should have its own unitcombat-class. Their task is to maintain order in the city, not recon.

Police upgrades could be something like this (if the models are available):

militia --> classical police unit --> medieval police unit (the sheriff of Nottingham for Robin Hood?) --> minuteman --> industrial age police unit --> police --> Robocop??
You could always leave out a couple if no appriopriate models are available.

For recon-upgrades I would think of this:

scout --> explorer --> jeep --> humvee

I think police should have its own unitcombat-class. Their task is to maintain order in the city, not recon.

Police upgrades could be something like this (if the models are available):

militia --> classical police unit --> medieval police unit (the sheriff of Nottingham for Robin Hood?) --> minuteman --> industrial age police unit --> police --> Robocop??
You could always leave out a couple if no appriopriate models are available.

For recon-upgrades I would think of this:

scout --> explorer --> jeep --> humvee

The next version of this mod will move the police unit to a new unit combat class called "Law Enforcement". I am currently involved with the upgrade of the inquisition mod to include limited religions. After that is complete, I will continue work on the Police mod adding one or two new units per release.

V/R,

Orion Veteran :cool:

i am in that thread too, i dont understand, the limited religion mod already exists.

It never seemed to work right. I am thoroughly testing my new version right now, as it seems I have overcame the Python issues in the CvGameUtils.py file. The code really works great, as no civ can found more than one religion.

However, I have but one problem left: If one Civ founds all the religious techs first, no other civ can get a religion. This is very bad. I want to prevent that exploit. I believe I have a coding approach that might work.

V/R,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Top Bottom