Cannot build spaceship

Tue

Chieftain
I cannot build the spaceship. When I move the spaceship parts into my capital I don't get the button to attach the parts to the spaceship.

I've searched the forum and various other sites and it seems a few people have this problem but I have yet to find a solution. Does anyone have one?

Just to be clear:

I do not have any units in my capital.

All victory conditions are enabled.

Noone has won the game yet.

Save and reload?

Save. Shut down game. Check game integrity of CiV within the Steam application (right click civ, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache).

Can't think of anything else that could fix it.

The problem is probably the Great Engineer sitting in your capital. It is a civilian, the spaceship part, too...and so both cannot stack...

BTW, I find annoying that you can build spaceship parts even if the game has already been won, but you cannot launch them.
One of the two: you cannot build them anymore, or you can launch them.

The problem is probably the Great Engineer sitting in your capital. It is a civilian, the spaceship part, too...and so both cannot stack...

I don't see an engineer there. However if there should be one or any civilian for that matter (sometimes the icons stack exactly over each other) then neither of the stacked units can use their "ability" which includes attaching itself to the spaceship.

Looking at the 2nd pic I see the spaceship part waiting outside the city - while on the city the icon for the engineer is displayed...

Looking at the 2nd pic I see the spaceship part waiting outside the city - while on the city the icon for the engineer is displayed...

That's not an engineer, it's an SS Stasis Chamber. You can see it selected in the bottom left corner. It's in my capital but the button to attach to the space ship isn't there.

Save and reload?

Save. Shut down game. Check game integrity of CiV within the Steam application (right click civ, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache).

Can't think of anything else that could fix it.

Have tried save/loading and rebooting both the game and my computer. No dice.

Did the integrity check and it said "1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired". Restarted my computer and Steam and checked again and this time it said that all files were ok, but it's still the same.

You're first screen shot makes it look like you have finished five policy trees - which means you won a cultural victory. Am I wrong? That would keep you from launching the spaceship.

Edit: Are you using a mod? If so, that is likely the problem.

Utopia is not build yet, so no CV.

I don't mean to sound stupid, but do you have to build utopia for a win? I thought when you got 5 trees finished you just won instantly.

Edit: how is the IGE? I'm thinking about downloading it myself.

I don't mean to sound stupid, but do you have to build utopia for a win? I thought when you got 5 trees finished you just won instantly.

Edit: how is the IGE? I'm thinking about downloading it myself.

Yes, I think you have to build the Utopia for the win, but since this is my first game I can't say for sure. The description and victory conditions would imply it.

The IGE is very user friendly and easy to use. I haven't had any problems - apart, maybe, from this. :)

Yes, I think you have to build the Utopia for the win, but since this is my first game I can't say for sure. The description and victory conditions would imply it.

The IGE is very user friendly and easy to use. I haven't had any problems - apart, maybe, from this. :)

durpa durp. Just checked, you do have to build the Utopia project to win. My bad.

I'm afraid, but save games with mods enabled are usually quite useless for bug-hunting. So my call goes out to someone who can reproduce this in an unmodded game.

EDIT: Since I'm able to load the save with my game (I don't use that editor mod), this might be an exception to that general rule.

I also can load the save w/o the mod. Can't see any obvious reason for not being able to build the spaceship. Does the IGE mod change the save file?

I also can load the save w/o the mod. Can't see any obvious reason for not being able to build the spaceship. Does the IGE mod change the save file?

I don't know. I've asked in the mod thread.

Top Bottom