Features

I'd be fine with keeping them as they are for now. I'll probably play it anyway without the goal of achieving one of the standard victories. Simulating the real world is fun enough for me, I don't need to "win" it. :) Will be impossible anyway when playing with Israel or Palestine...
If we are realistic...there probably won't be a "winner" of the world in 50 years anyway. ;)

I'd be fine with keeping them as they are for now. I'll probably play it anyway without the goal of achieving one of the standard victories. Simulating the real world is fun enough for me, I don't need to "win" it. :) Will be impossible anyway when playing with Israel or Palestine...
If we are realistic...there probably won't be a "winner" of the world in 50 years anyway. ;)

I'm with you, just about playing. Once we see what our scenario turns out like, we can tweak domination and culture victory conditions if needed. Or remove them. Space race is gone, for those who may be wondering.

I guess we have to include diplomatic victories, or we won't have the U.N working. I'm sure we can increase the difficulty or remove this vote completely if we decided we want to.

What about time? Since we're using weeks, if we set it to end in 2050, that's 2132 turns, give or take a few dozen depending on when the mod comes out. (since the mod starts on our release date). Will anyone ever play that far? Not for years if ever. On a side note I guess we should shrink the timeline we're trying to cover since we've decided to go with weeks. Now that I think about it, maybe we should go with bi-weekly turns. Anyway, not really important right now.

World Peace maybe.

The player has to be secretary general of the UN aswell as reigning over 10 years of conflict free international relations. This will be insanely hard (in my mind) but would be a fun challenge.

Nice idea buddy, I like it.

I'd say keep it at weeks, I don't mind waiting 2000 turns for a generic win, plus its more true to reality, (since when does a leader make a decision then leave for a couple weeks?). Plus, like most of you, I just want to play to play, not to win (this is how I usually play regular civ anyway ;) ).

The world peace idea is a great one :goodjob:

since when does a leader make a decision then leave for a couple weeks?

since when? ummm...between 2001 and 2009. with a clear emphasize on 2005. oh well, wait...there was no decision making before leaving for a couple of weeks. lol
:crazyeye:

since when? ummm...between 2001 and 2009. with a clear emphasize on 2005. oh well, wait...there was no decision making before leaving for a couple of weeks. lol
:crazyeye:

I'm talking about most normal leaders, he's an exception :lol:

tonyblair went on holiday for 2 weeks he left his deputy PM in charge

cant remember the exact year.

Did he do that regularly? I didn't think so :lol:

he did it a couple of times.

Bump!

Languages as religions:
Well, countries with same languages of course are closer to each other..
English: UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Africa etc
Russian: Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan and some east EU cities
Romanic (French, Spanish, Italian etc): EU, South America, Africa etc
Chinese/Japanese: China, Japan, Koreas etc
Arabian: Saudi Arabia, Israel, Palestine, Syria, Iran, Pakistan etc
Minor? could be also no-state language
German?
etc

Now before you argue about putting Chinese and Japanese and Romanic langs together, it really is better to the gameplay. Then there's problem with languages like Finnish, could be included to many. Well this is just a throw up idea, needs much processing :p.

Elections:
After 6 years of playing, a country would have elections for leader, and if the player is liked, (s)he will continue, and if not, then the game ends. Of course you can kill your opponents change the results, but it costs you money. If you won't put enough money to the game, you'll get revealed and that make your people very happy ;). Of course even with much money the game is never sure. Don't even ask how to include this to the game, but it would be just great and if it would affect AI too. Also you'd need to do extra leaderhead for every country (how sad it would be see McCain winning Obama in elections :sad:). This would show up a whole new dimension to the game, making it even better. Well of course one could choose dictaturism or some other civic but then it affects relationships and happiness muchly. This is also just a throw up idea, hopefully this would be included to World 2015 Mod when it comes to that.

Bump!

Languages as religions:
Well, countries with same languages of course are closer to each other..
English: UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Africa etc
Russian: Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan and some east EU cities
Romanic (French, Spanish, Italian etc): EU, South America, Africa etc
Chinese/Japanese: China, Japan, Koreas etc
Arabian: Saudi Arabia, Israel, Palestine, Syria, Iran, Pakistan etc
Minor? could be also no-state language
German?
etc

Now before you argue about putting Chinese and Japanese and Romanic langs together, it really is better to the gameplay. Then there's problem with languages like Finnish, could be included to many. Well this is just a throw up idea, needs much processing :p.

Elections:
After 6 years of playing, a country would have elections for leader, and if the player is liked, (s)he will continue, and if not, then the game ends. Of course you can kill your opponents change the results, but it costs you money. If you won't put enough money to the game, you'll get revealed and that make your people very happy ;). Of course even with much money the game is never sure. Don't even ask how to include this to the game, but it would be just great and if it would affect AI too. Also you'd need to do extra leaderhead for every country (how sad it would be see McCain winning Obama in elections :sad:). This would show up a whole new dimension to the game, making it even better. Well of course one could choose dictaturism or some other civic but then it affects relationships and happiness muchly. This is also just a throw up idea, hopefully this would be included to World 2015 Mod when it comes to that.

Welcome to the Forums Quklis :beer:

We're already changing the religions to ideologies, so i don't know if we can fit languages into 1.0, though I think we were thinking of a feature something like this for ver 2, to go along with our education and healthcare.

Oh and the revolutions mod already covers the elections, so your not going to be president for 20 years :D.

I think elections would be better suited for changing leaders than ending the game. Every X number of turns under Republic you get a chance to choose a different leader. It's the kind of thing that would get tiresome though, imo.

Hello! What about improvements? I wasn't sure where to put this, but I thought I'd tell everyone about Solar Roadways! Roads... that are made of glass... and have solar panels under them! http://www.solarroadways.com/The%20Numbers.htm They seem solid enough to be implemented in the near future so I thought I'd put them up for discussion.

every oil resource could supply a finite amount of resources, when it runs out, the source runs out (It would switch to a depleted oil patch not disappear, some techs boost the amount of oil, so your depleted patch may produce oil again after a tech discovery), have it supply an amount like Alberta could have 1.6 trillion barrels but you need to up your techs to access all of it, you need oil for all of your motorized vehicles to move, your cities also consume oil, you run out of oil your production suffers vastly, when you trade oil you don't trade the resource but an amount, like 5 million barrels per month, anyone understand?

Yes and i think its a great idea
And solar roadways cost extra but generate some electricity for you

I completely agree with civ_king, it is a great idea! Although the problem is how you gonna make this work in the game. If I'm right, this idea (or something similiar) was already brought up by some guys a lots of month ago. It IS actually a really great and wonderful idea which would bring much more realism to the game, but I have no clue how this could possibly work with the civ-mechanics :confused: ?!
So if anybody knows how we could implant this feature, please answer! Otherwise I fear we should let this idea down for the moment and be content with the "normal" civ resources. Maybe we'll see such "new" kind of resources in Civ 5......

I think we'd have to go into python and sdk which i know almost nothing of

A mod called fury road had something similar, checking it out

Top Bottom