Technologies

Yeah I like that sheep21, I'll change that. Maybe Sustainable Car instead of Electric Car as well? So the fuel cell could be hydrogen.

Also I suppose it would be preferable to cut down some of the names, to reduce the instances of names being covered by those pre-req icons. Thoughts?

They also get cut off in the pedia.

Spoiler :

Those icons are gorgeous, can't believe they were made..

I'd love to add a border, however what the heck is a .dds file..? I simply cannot open it with anything.

You have to use a program like DTX BMP (free).

Hopefully you can find the good border file, or someone else can post it for you. If not, I will get it to you tomorrow.

Let me know if you need any additional help getting started. Feel free to send me PMs.

edited....

Can I suggest a change of name for the following in the technology tree.

Modern Military > Modern Warfare - It is a term more commonly used and describes exactly the same thing. Audiences will be more aware of what it is they're researching and what we're talking about.

A problem, as I'm sure you're aware, arises with the Modern Air Power and Modern Naval Power. I'm really tempted to suggest Modern Aircraft as an alternative, but then for continuity purposes that would mean a change to Modern Ships, or Modern Vessels. I have to admit I prefer those two. It means we can fit the entire name onto the tree I believe as well. :)

It might be hidden, but it actually says Modern Military Armour. As you mention, the problem is that Modern Warfare include air force and navy, and I wanted to have those three separate.

In that case can we change it to simply Modern Armour? Again I guess there may be an issue with the unit, but I don't think it's more damaging than having a tech we can't actually see on the tree.

Sure, good call. Let's shorten all the ones that are too long.

Alright, which one of you broke the board? :crazyeye:

I hope everyone will agree that making a seperate entry for 'Advanced [techs]' is rather pointless, so I'll duplicate them (this goes for Satellites and Missile Delivery atm).

If anyone can find a quote on biofuels that would be appreciated, I struggled to find a decent and relevant one.

no please don't duplicated them, just leave them empty for now I guess.

Missile delivery represents very basic missiles, advanced is more like Patriot missiles.

Satellites represents having satellites, advanced is supposed to represent the ability to launch your own.

european space agency\nasa, that sort of thing?

Yes exactly. Perhaps we can name the tech better. Or add a national wonder. Or both.

Another proposed change (aren't I picky?). Should we make Modern Air and Naval Power into Modern Aircraft and Modern Vessels/Ships? Anyone any thoughts (pros and cons) for this?

Also, do we need to replace the existing technologies from the original Civ IV (e.g. robotics, computers, fusion) or should we simply leave them as they are in the civilopedia? Do they need replacing? What does everyone think?

I'd say you could just leave the ones that are also in the original game.

Top Bottom