Resource icon

History in the Making II: Brave New World Edition 2016-10-05

I'm not behind a PC with Civ5 installed so I can't look for you what's the proper naming but make sure you start a game via the Mods route and not the default route.

It may also be worth re-checking if the mod is still enabled.

WHat do you mean? How does one do this lol?

Start a game with a mod loaded by:

Mods (Accept the EULA) > Singe Player > Setup game

To those with tech tree issues:

What is the resolution you are playing with?

I'm still at my first game, I wish that the pace will be slower and the tech cost higher, I'm now at 400BC, researched optics, and only with two cities size 6 and 2, level prince.

Is there a way to be for the same number of turns at 1000BC and several techs back?

I know that with civ5 there is a way with sql to do it very easy, can someone show me how?

I like this mode and wish to tune it's pace and tech cost a little to adjust them to my liking, otherwise it's the perfect mod for me so far.

Thanks.

I usually play with Civ 5 on my second monitor (1920x1200), while my laptop is at 1680x1050. It's strange but I found if I start the game with my laptop at that res, the game starts in the second monitor and players there without a hitch. I do want to point out however that I've had the tech tree problem regardless of my second monitor and resolution (the native of my laptop is 1920x1080).

Could you possibly reupload your version of the mod? Also, what graphics card are you using. My g73 has an ATI 5870 and I've had some graphics issues with Civ 5.

It's not the file, I've tried switching files like your reply suggested but doesn't seem to affect anything.

If you look at the picture Panda posted, it almost appears like the ancient era is correctly aligned but then "classical era" is misaligned and with it, I imagine, is the scroll bar. Might it have something to do with the tech tree mod you bundled with it? Some changes outside the techtree.lua- in one of the art directories perhaps? (I confess I know very little about this game's modding quirks)

I continued to play anyway, and noticed there were no notifications when other nations passed technological milestones (___has reached the ____ era) which leads me to believe some triggers arn't working.

Anyways, now that I've played as far as it will let me, I'm looking for irregularities in the other directories. Nevertheless, I suspect it may also have to do with the graphics card and how it's putting everything together. Otherwise, terrific mod- I can't wait for v1.+.

I've ran into issues that Panda posted up when I was ironing out bugs when building the Tech Tree. It would happen when there was an XML error in my XML file that managed my new Tech additions. But it can't be an XML error post release, otherwise the game itself would be unplayable (you couldn't research anything). It has nothing to do with TechTree.lua, which simply draws the pipes connecting the techs together.

By swapping out the TechTree.lua file in HiTM2 with the vanilla TechTree.lua file, the Tech Tree pipes should function like the vanilla game (minus the Legend). By you saying it's not working makes me think it's Civ V itself that's bugged, and not actually HiTM2? :confused:

I'm still at my first game, I wish that the pace will be slower and the tech cost higher, I'm now at 400BC, researched optics, and only with two cities size 6 and 2, level prince.

Is there a way to be for the same number of turns at 1000BC and several techs back?

I know that with civ5 there is a way with sql to do it very easy, can someone show me how?

I like this mode and wish to tune it's pace and tech cost a little to adjust them to my liking, otherwise it's the perfect mod for me so far.

Thanks.

Consensus is suggesting that the Tech progression get slowed a little more. I'm thinking about 25% slower. Would this work?

I've tried 1920X1080 on both full screen and windowed mode, and also tried a lower resolution. Same issues, unfortunately.

Hi Grave, my definitive suggestions about iron issue is:

ANCIENT & CLASSIC & MEDIEVAL ERA:

Same Units of vanilla

RENAISSANCE

Cannon

INDUSTRIAL

Factory (WITH coal)

Artillery

MODERN

Some new buildings (like mass transport?)

I suggest to trasform the coal plant in a city radius building (like circus with horses) NON consuming coal.

Grave
could the tech tree display problem be with the HITM 2 mod info file
as my save games are not being saved as from a mod . civ V saves games and modded
save games are saved in different spots ,and mine are being saved as regular games
helpful maybe?

Consensus is suggesting that the Tech progression get slowed a little more. I'm thinking about 25% slower. Would this work?

I was thinking more of a progressive slow down of the tech, like I found in an sql files while searching for ways of doing it:

UPDATE Technologies
SET 'Cost' = ROUND(Cost * 1.05,-1)
WHERE Era = 'ERA_CLASSICAL';

UPDATE Technologies
SET 'Cost' = ROUND(Cost * 1.10,-1)
WHERE Era = 'ERA_MEDIEVAL';

UPDATE Technologies
SET 'Cost' = ROUND(Cost * 1.20,-1)
WHERE Era = 'ERA_RENAISSANCE';

UPDATE Technologies
SET 'Cost' = ROUND(Cost * 1.40,-1)
WHERE Era = 'ERA_INDUSTRIAL';

UPDATE Technologies
SET 'Cost' = ROUND(Cost * 1.80,-1)
WHERE Era = 'ERA_MODERN';

UPDATE Technologies
SET 'Cost' = ROUND(Cost * 2.00,-1)
WHERE Era = 'ERA_FUTURE';

from Balance - Combined which looks quite good but I would start the cost increase from the start and not from MEDIEVAL, begin with 15% 20% or 25% and then gradually towards 100% and even more.

But that is only Tech cost, I would like to tweak the pace, years per turn, and also in a progressive manner but I don't have any example.

If you could show me how to implement the above example for tech cost in your mod and also the years/turn which I have no example for I will experiment with it a bit.

Many thanks in advance

Edit: I've read some posts from Spatzimaus somewhere about a Steel Mill in his mod which makes use of Iron to produce steel. He also devised some Years/Turns change in his mod (which I don't know the name of but I left him a post about it), so there are more turns per era so you play more turns to get from 4000BC to 1AD for example, and the pace changes with each era and he added some years overall so the game has much more turns from start to end.

This is strange. I just noticed that some of my cities do not have the city graphics. Maybe a bug? I don't have this in regular games.
The good news I've had no crashing or any other problems. I like this mod!

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0009.jpg
    Civ5Screen0009.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 222
That bug means that when Grave added his custom wonders, he added all the bells and whistles for on-map graphics. He should probably just delete those for now, given they do not work.

This is strange. I just noticed that some of my cities do not have the city graphics. Maybe a bug? I don't have this in regular games.
The good news I've had no crashing or any other problems. I like this mod!

That bug means that when Grave added his custom wonders, he added all the bells and whistles for on-map graphics. He should probably just delete those for now, given they do not work.

I thought by giving the wonders existing ArtDefine tags, they would just assume the 3D graphics for those buildings. But it appears they do not for some reason. It should be a simple fix, I just have to figure out what it is.

Ok,so I downloaded the Babylon and the Spain & Inca dlc packs,and suddenly my tech tree looks perfect.Maybe it has something to do with that?Played a game complety and loved it,working great now...:D

Ok,so I downloaded the Babylon and the Spain & Inca dlc packs,and suddenly my tech tree looks perfect.Maybe it has something to do with that?Played a game complety and loved it,working great now...:D

Interesting... :hmm:

Hmm, on the installs that the mod doesn't work right with, I don't have the DLCs, but the one that does I do.

Might be something to that, then.

Hum... i don't have spain DLC and i have the tech tree problem...

Hum... i don't have spain DLC and i have the tech tree problem...
Try downloading the Spanish DLC and then try again :). If you have good results please let us know.

Try downloading the Spanish DLC and then try again :). If you have good results please let us know.

I can confirm this (at first I was skeptical as I really do not want to give 2k another cent for CiV) I had a vanilla digital deluxe edition install then installed HitM and had the tech tree bug. After installing the dlc it went away. (I wish I would have backed up the key tech tree files to compare them, doh!)

Great work on the mod, will be really cool as it progress's further. Even now it has brought back some fun into CiV, nice job!:goodjob:

First of all nice work with the mod I really enjoyed civ5 for a change. Keep up the good work.

My issues/problems with the mod:

Game:prince, Small Pangea map with 8 Civs and 6 City states, Epic speed

-Some citiy images dissappear after they grow over 10. I tried to reload but my capital is there but the image is gone. It could also be related with the wonders you added I'm not sure that should be tested.

Altough I conquered a city from Russia and that city image wasn't on the map(it had no wonders).

-I guess its already noted because i saw some posts about it: Lack of Iron, or the 'heavy' use of Iron. Anyway I had problems with Iron so did some other civs and they became easy prays.

-I saw that the AI has lots of troops and I'm in constant war for the last 2 centuries from 1700s..I'm not that aggresive I conquered 1 city state (it was my 4th city) after that it was constant war.

-Research view stuck around industrial era (fertilizer)

-Research might be going too fast, was in industrial era around 1800 but its my first game so further testing might be needed.

-maybe game mechanics or mod I don't know this is my first game after patch; civ X is friendly with me, we start trading goods and accept a research agremeent and then 2 turns later they attack me. While they are on another island and they don't sent any troops to me.

-Something personal: I don't like the idea that a workshop must be built to have a Factory,its a good idea but it drives the maintance costs up.

I added my latest save and some older autosaves.

Attachments

• Washington.Civ5Save
    814.7 KB · Views: 72
  • AutoSave_0450 AD-1860.Civ5Save
    809.3 KB · Views: 87
  • AutoSave_0375 AD-1730.Civ5Save
    773.7 KB · Views: 66
  • AutoSave_0350 AD-1650.Civ5Save
    747.8 KB · Views: 82
Top Bottom