Blue Marble V4.0 Gold

Hi

This mod look very nice. Will it work with Rise Of Mankind 2.71?

Tore

i had to re-install bts, updated to 3.19, installed BM 4.50gold. Now when I check the Affected files it doesn't show BTS, just Vanilla and Warlords. Should I uninstall/re-install BTS and try again? Also I patch straight 3.19 skipping the 3.17 patchb on the fresh install

edit: nevermind...re-installing fixed it.

Hey Coldefever, just to drop in and say what a great mod this one is, great job.

Also, if someone is wondering, what i did to get this working with the BAT mod (i only tested with that mod, so it's only necessary if you're using one with custom terrains) is i copied the custom assets/art/terrain folder into the mod's corresponding folder. That was enough to get it working. Bear in mind though, i'm no modder, nor exeperienced on this, this was just an experiment i wanted to share.

ColdFever, I don't anything in regards with how to merge mods. But, is the above the way to add BM to a mod like Buffy? Do I simply copy whatever missing folders/files from the CustomAssets Terrain folder to the mod in question (provided that there are no conlicts)? Btw, I do love BM and you did some excellent work.

@Cold Fever: What exactly happens when you install Blue Marble with low resolution, or high resolution for that matter?
The option "LowRes" installs lower resolution graphics, using less memory. The option "HighRes" installs higher resolution graphics, looking better but using more graphics memory. Any current PC should be able to handle the highres graphics, but old PCs or weak notebooks could benefit from using the low res version.

ColdFever, I don't anything in regards with how to merge mods. But, is the above the way to add BM to a mod like Buffy? Do I simply copy whatever missing folders/files from the CustomAssets Terrain folder to the mod in question (provided that there are no conlicts)?
Yes, if a mod does not allow using CustomAssets (excluding mods as BM) you could copy the desired CustomAssets over to the mod (provided that there are no conflicts).

The option "LowRes" installs lower resolution graphics, using less memory. The option "HighRes" installs higher resolution graphics, looking better but using more graphics memory. Any current PC should be able to handle the highres graphics, but old PCs or weak notebooks could benefit from using the low res version.
Thank you for response, but I would like to know exactly how it does that. How does it install a low res graphic. Does it resize the 1024 terrain dds, or does the game do it. And does high res option just use the 1024 terrain dds or does it "up size" them? I would like to know because in LoR we use just your custom assets as a seperate FPK and seperate option upon install. No installer since the mod is setup to ignore custom assets. So I fear we might be "cheating" those who normally use BM on low res. Even though it should be assumed that the LoR BM option should be an advanced graphics option, I know many people use the low res for BtS.

Is there any way to chose where the file extracts the grafics?
I don't want it to overwrite any base Civ files, I just want to install it for 1 mod that I am using.

I would like to know exactly how it does install a low res graphic. Does it resize the 1024 terrain dds, or does the game do it.
BM low res installs dds-files with a low resolution.
BM high res installs dds-files with a high resolution.

Firaxis itself once officially changed certain Civ4 graphics from high resolution to low resolution via the first patches to help less powerful computers. The "low res" option of Blue Marble resembles this format, partly BM installs even lower resolution files to save more memory. The "high res" option of Blue Marble mostly is identical to the initial high resolution of Civ4 files, only a few files (for example the clouds) have even more resolution. So "BM low res" is a bit more low res than the current Civ4, and "BM high res" is a bit more high res than the initial release of Civ4 has been. The gameplay is not affected at all, whether you install BM low res or high res, it only affects the detail of eye candy, consuming less or more graphics memory.

Is there any way to chose where the file extracts the grafics? I don't want it to overwrite any base Civ files, I just want to install it for 1 mod that I am using.
Sorry, there is no way to change all the multitude of extraction paths (mostly in the users CustomAssets area), but you can just install BM, then grab the parts you want from it, then uninstall it. To see where things will install, you can press the button "List Affected Files".

Dam... why could this not just come like any normal mod. A bunch of folders all structured up and for people to extract and install them self.

as i understand it BM doesnt install as a mod, it installes so that everytime i start a game it is loaded to. i chave BAT 2.0 installed and know that it has some of BM.
so my question is this,will adding the extra files mess up BAT 2.0 or most importantly BUG4.1?

as i understand it BM doesnt install as a mod, it installes so that everytime i start a game it is loaded to. i chave BAT 2.0 installed and know that it has some of BM.
so my question is this,will adding the extra files mess up BAT 2.0 or most importantly BUG4.1?

BAT2.0 has BM included with it, BUG4.1 won't be affected because BM is just graphics. I play with all three with no problems.

Dam... why could this not just come like any normal mod. A bunch of folders all structured up and for people to extract and install them self.
Because BM is very complex with lots of files for lots of places and lots of game configurations. Most people probably would not be able to install/uninstall it safely. But if you can live with just the BlueMarble "core" files (only BM terrain, without BM mousepointer, without BM fonts, only for the core game etc.) you can load two pure zip packages for highres and lowres that I supplied for the Mac platform (both zip files will work for PC too):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=177454

Thanks, I guess I can lose the mouse pointer as long as I get those beautifull terain in a way that I can turn off when I wan't.

Too bad for the rest but w/e.

Thanks, I guess I can lose the mouse pointer as long as I get those beautifull terain in a way that I can turn off when I wan't.
Did you ever try the regular Blue Marble installer? You can do this easily via a simple mouseclick on "Install" or "Uninstall". You also find many options to select exactly the graphics you want to have changed. Sometimes trying helps before complaining.

But I have to instal / uninstal every time I wish to use / not use it.
And I have to make sure it does not mess / overwrite any other files that I already have in those folders.

Hello -- I've tried to use Blue Marble Gold to increase my font sizes, but it seems to have no effect. I believe I've "activated" and installed it correctly, and I'm using the Fall From Heaven 2 mod (the "b" patch of the latest series). Am I missing something? I'm running Win 7 64 bit...

Thanks in advance..

Top Bottom