Faith and Culture questions

Jeff1787

Sarge
1. What do you need to purchase a Great Artist with faith?

2. What do you need to convert city production to culture?

Thanks!

Once you hit Industrial Era and you've at least adopted one policy in freedom, you can buy GA's. The first one costs 1000 faith, second one 1500, 3rd is 2500, 4th is 4000, etc.

You can't convert production to culture directly. You can emphasize culture if you have artist slots or culture tiles, but you can't convert it directly like gold or research.

Thanks...

I think you need a religion to purchase with faith. I have plenty of faith to purchase but it doesn't give me the option in the city screen; and I don't have a religion.

You shouldn't have to have a religion to buy great people. They should be up in the units section of the production window...are you sure you're in the Industrial Era? And have you taken at least one policy in Freedom?

Yes, I am way past the Industrial age and I have completed Freedom. I am playing a OCC, if that makes any difference?

Thanks...

I think you need a religion to purchase with faith. I have plenty of faith to purchase but it doesn't give me the option in the city screen; and I don't have a religion.

You don't need to have founded a religion or a pantheon in order to purchase a GP unit with faith. You only need to adopt the opener of the appropriate SP tree and have at least 1000 faith for the first purchase.

EDIT: and have at least one industrial technology researched.

You don't need to found a religion, yes, but you still need a religion in your city, I'm pretty sure. And with OCC when your capital is huge, it's improbable the AI can convert you.

You don't need to found a religion, yes, but you still need a religion in your city, I'm pretty sure. And with OCC when your capital is huge, it's improbable the AI can convert you.

Yes, I believe you are correct, thanks...

Top Bottom