Funny exploit...

Question

King
I liberated america while fighting the ottomans, and i started gifting ottoman cities to them while going for a cultural victory.

I noticed that whenever i gifted a city to america, all ottoman units would get teleported out of the borders, leaving my units in the newly american territory completely untouchable. I could even have artillery sitting in american territory firing on ottoman units and cities and he couldn't do a thing about it.

Unfortunately, america was way too behind in tech to be of any use, and you can't gift tech for some reason...strangely, a lot of diplomacy option in alpha centauri isn't in civ 5 (a supposedly more modern game). Can't share map info, can't share leader info, can't share tech, etc, etc.

I did this while I was playing multiplayer (2 other guys and 2 AIs in Emperor difficulty ). Instead of trying to achieve culture victory, I was able to push his units back away from my injured units so I can buy some time to move safely back to my borders to heal. I knew that I couldn't keep his two cities since my reinforcement were already busy fighting another guy. He eventually declared war against the AI and soon found out that he wasn't prepared for extra units coming from their side.

I once employed this tactic against a runaway...I took a lot of cities that India had taken from the Netherlands and would immediately gift the cities back to the Netherlands, who India had a peace treaty with. Very funny to see Modern Armors teleport to the borders. You can even use ranged attacks on melee units and they can't do a thing! :D

I really never even thought of something like this. This is a very clever idea, and I love it!

I liberated america while fighting the ottomans, and i started gifting ottoman cities to them while going for a cultural victory.

I noticed that whenever i gifted a city to america, all ottoman units would get teleported out of the borders, leaving my units in the newly american territory completely untouchable. I could even have artillery sitting in american territory firing on ottoman units and cities and he couldn't do a thing about it.

Unfortunately, america was way too behind in tech to be of any use, and you can't gift tech for some reason...strangely, a lot of diplomacy option in alpha centauri isn't in civ 5 (a supposedly more modern game). Can't share map info, can't share leader info, can't share tech, etc, etc.

LOL wow. I consider that cheating though. Sadly they dont have map and tech trading in the game yet. Maybe in the next expansion.

This only works if both nations involved, excluding you, do not have favorable relations with each other and thus no open borders.

I once did this to a runaway Denmark... gifting most of his cities to the Ottomans and Americans on other continent. Denmark simply rolled his units through their "new" territories because they all hated me more.:(

Top Bottom