The Wonders of the Ancient World DLC questions

forestlaw

Chieftain
Hi,

The AI builds this DLC wonders in normal games to and not only in the DLC scenario?
If they do. Do players with or without this DLC have different early game ?

For example:
AI with DLC going for mausoleum of halicarnassus.
AI without DLC going unit or non dlc wonder.

Or is it not like that? just wondering

Thnx for a reply/answer! :crazyeye:

What do you mean AI with or without DLC? The AIs will build wonders like normal even in a scenario that allows wonders to be built

What do you mean AI with or without DLC? The AIs will build wonders like normal even in a scenario that allows wonders to be built

Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, Statue of Zeus and and Temple of Artemis can only be build of you have the DLC. I guess this also applies for AI.
And i saw several videos on youtube where you can build them even in a normal setup game and not only in the scenario included with the DLC. But i was not sure and asked in the first post.

And i was wondering if the AI decides to build them. If it changes the earlygame.
Because example again:
AI with the DLC going for mausoleum of halicarnassus.
AI without DLC going for a unit or non dlc wonder instead.
It takes different build path because of the dlc.

I was wondering if it works like that or not.

Thnx for a reply/answer! :crazyeye:

With the DLC you can build the wonders in single and multiplayer games.

Well, the impact on AI is neglectable. On low difficulties wonders will be available for a long time, so it doesn't interfer much with the usual AI path apparently.
On higher difficulties AI will build the wonders fairly quickly and often and don't build a unit or other wonder instead. So, yes, AI is somewhat weakened early game but will snowball better into the late game.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. You can build the additional wonders in a normal game if you have the DLC, not just the scenario.

As for what the AI does, each leader has different ratings of what they want. The wonders will also have ratings. For instance, Statue of Zeus has an offense flavor of 20. This makes it appealing to leaders who have a high offense flavor. The AI will still build units and any other necessities as well, and build the wonder when they have an opportunity. All that changes is the wonders they have available. And I find that the AI really, really likes building these.

The flavor decides their likelihood of doing things. Ramesses has a wonder flavor of 10, so he will try to build as many wonders as he can, while Askia has a flavor of 3, and doesn't really care. So whether a wonder changes how they play does depend on their personality, but they would be trying to build a wonder anyway. This just gives them another one to choose from.

(At least that's how my sleep deprived brain understands it right now...)

Top Bottom