Reviving City State in BNW

ButSam

King
With the new World Congress mechanic, has anyone observed what occurs when you revive a formerly-conquered City State under the expansion? Does that city state's vote always get added to your total number of votes?

That City State becomes your Ally after you liberate them. Your city state allies always add to your vote. Of course, your relationship with them will decrease over time, like all city states.

How does this work with normal civs?

In my game yesterday as the dutch i was at war with Alex and after invading his continent and taking two of his cities he declared peace and after accepting it one of his cities became Mayan (he conquered them so i'm guessing it was a liberated capital) can the AI offer to liberate a civ in a peace treaty? never seen that before.

Anyways a couple turns later Mayan's messaged me saying we now wear your blue jeans and listen to your pop music and it said my influence was dominating with them. Alex's tourism was much stronger than mine on his continent though so i'm not entirely sure what happened, Mayans also shared Alex's religion

I'm pretty sure in the original game (or possibly it was just in G&K), a city state would vote for you for the rest of the game in world leader elections if you were their most recent liberator, regardless of whether you were allied with them. All other benefits (luxuries, resources, etc) went to whoever their ally was, but the liberator always got the vote for world leader.

I am not sure how it used to work (or how it currently works) for regular civs...I *think* you were also supposed to get their vote for world leader, but I am less certain, as I never actually experienced that one. I have freed a formerly captured city state in G&K.

I haven't done either in BNW yet, though; curious how it is.

Obviously, at first you get their votes due to Ally status, but I am wondering if you always get their vote still or not?

Top Bottom