BNW & General Guide somewhere?

DocRock

Prince
Hi guys,

I am a long time Civ 4 player and now decided to give BNW a shot after I was completely disappointed bei Civ 5 vanilla.

Can you recommend a guide on how to get started overall that maybe is up to date to BNW? There is no War Academy available like with 4, just a link to the Strategy Forum. Posts there are way too specialized, I need an overall guide that briefly covers everything (choosing the nation, city placement, buildings/wonders, military, diplomacy).

I searched for a while and can't find anything fitting. Text/Forum thread would be best, but a Long Play with explanations is also good. I can only find reviews, completely outdated ones from 2008 or videos that focus on BNW changes exclusively.

Cheers,
DR

Well I can give you one tip that has been essential ever since release: prioritize science at all times. Science is critical for every victory condition, even culture (or now tourism). When I was still a new player I didn't prioritze science much thus I couldn't get higher in difficulty levels.
Another one is get your other cities up as soon as possible (one exception is delaying until National College is done). This will let them snowball early.
Aim for atleast 1 new unique luxury per city, bonus resources make city spots nicer but aren't essential.

Top Bottom