Building/National Wonder Benchmarks?

GKShaman

Prince
Ive read this forum for awhile and it seems people have benchmarks. I was also seeing MadDjinn play and it seemed by T150 its important to get the Nat'l College Up?

I play at Emperor really well, do decent once in awhile at Immortal. I usually just kinda play the game - build wonders when I can optimize build orders, etc.

I'd like to know however what are some of these benchmarks? Do you build two cities and try to get National College? then build the other two? Hermitage someone was saying T250 - that seems a bit later.

I see the value in getting East India Up ASAP though - the money definitely rolls in.

T150 is extremely late to have built the NC. (Standard speed)
The old benchline in G&K was turn 70ish
In BNW where early gold is harder to come by; it's likely to slip into the 80s.

Hermitage: Normally (playing tall) when you get the ability to build Opera Houses you want to do so and complete Hermitage ASAP; just so you can finally create works of art with two Great Artists that have been waiting for a slot to open.

(Even if you did go Cathedrals; Hermitage has a nice theming bonus; you'll need to swap some with the AI)

In fact, playing tall; you often find the best thing to build in the capital is a national wonder.

Generally, you only need Hermitage for a CV. Ironworks and EIC are nice but the National College is the only one I'd really fuss over. Generally, I tend to get it from 70-90, playing King and occasionally Emperor (with 3 Cities)

Top Bottom