Barbarian Units

Wonder if barb paratroops can paradrop without cultural borders of their own...

After some genious moves by barbs I have this impression lately that barbs play as a team. As in each barb has line of sight of every other barb on the planet. I had a scout (waiting to enlave some civilians) sitting next to Persian borders, who just spotted a barb, which looked ready to capture/pillage some Persian spoils. I moved one of my archers towards the encampment the said barb originated from. Now, instead of taking some Persian civilians/pillaging land that barb moved 6 tiles back to the camp he was born in, just to save his buddy from my archer, who was about to destroy him. Coincidence? Or do they act as a team with line of sight and everything?

After some genious moves by barbs I have this impression lately that barbs play as a team. As in each barb has line of sight of every other barb on the planet. I had a scout (waiting to enlave some civilians) sitting next to Persian borders, who just spotted a barb, which looked ready to capture/pillage some Persian spoils. I moved one of my archers towards the encampment the said barb originated from. Now, instead of taking some Persian civilians/pillaging land that barb moved 6 tiles back to the camp he was born in, just to save his buddy from my archer, who was about to destroy him. Coincidence? Or do they act as a team with line of sight and everything?

I'm pretty sure they act like a regular AI that can't communicate and has permanent war turned on. So they share line of sight between all of their units and encampments.

Well most people don't play into the late information era :)

Probably true. Actually I just saw past rifle in my current game - modern infantry definitely from a camp. I'm trying out continents plus (on Immortal) and the AI really is slower to move around the map and clear camps. This camp spawned in the classical era (got the popup via Honor) and I had no idea it was still around until I took over Pachacuti. His lands were such a mess - unimproved oil and spices and river tiles - I was about to call Tile Services which is like child services but for neglected tiles instead of childs.

Top Bottom