Challenge-XIV-04

lymond

Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!)
Hall of Fame Staff
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we are running a series of ten games called the Hall of Fame Challenge Series. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings of one of the games will be counted towards the Challenge.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
(*) Games must be played using the >> BUFFY MOD 3.19.003 <<
(*) Games to be submitted via the >> Civ IV Hall of Fame Website <<
(*) New players, please >> register << using your CFC forum name

Settings:

• Victory Condition: Diplomatic (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Monarch
  • Starting Era: Medieval
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Speed: Normal
  • Map Type: Ice Age
  • Required: No Tribal Villages, No Random Events
  • Must Not Be Checked: No Barbarians
  • Civ: Inca
  • Opponents: Must include Arabia (Saladin), Byzantium (Justinian), Ethiopia (Zara Yaqob), France (De Gaulle), Holy Roman Empire (Charlemange), Japan (Tokugawa), Ottoman (Mehmed II), Spain (Isabella)
  • Version: 3.19.003
  • Date: 1st May to 30th November 2014
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

It looks like Theocracy is the key here :] Sal, Justin, Zara, Isa.... + Vassalage. It is invitation to Diplodomination with heave warring against other religious block.

Pollina 1605. How is that date even possible?

I tried OCC for faster Oxford, Engineered Oxford, National Park, and ralso UN in mid 1800's, but cannot even imagime how to getpre 1600 UN!

Ice Age is extremely rich in seafood, so maybe not OCC but 2city challange with marble + 2/3 cities with 3-4 fish resource? At least it will allow gifting cities. Whipping out most civs and releasing a vassal can work too, but how to kill most civs and still be able to tech to Mass Media before 1600?

Pollina 1605. How is that date even possible?
My strategy was very simple: Kill, kill, kill a bunch of 'bad' AIs with HAs. Then tech peacefully to Mass Media. I added Mansa and Gandhi as easy-to-please AIs, so getting the votes wasn't very difficult.

It was the first time I played an Ice Age map. I always thought it was a crappy mapscript and was very surprised to find that a Pangaea Ice Age map is almost ideal for Diplo Victories, especially with industrious leaders. All those forests everywhere slow down the AI nicely, but let the human player build units and wonders in no time. No need for an Engineer to build the UN in 1t. I captured more than one AI city with the 17 forests that are needed to chop it.

I added Mansa and Gandhi too to be worst enemies and tried to please all the others with Vassalage and Theo.

Ice Age is actually very nice script, except what you mentioned, islands type is fantastic too with crazy number of claims and crabs.
Ice Age compensates lots of brown tiles by having aboundand number of resources.

---

So as I expected you simply get rid of those nasty AIs. Adding Mansa and Ganhi for teching is good, though I would still better have a vassal for votes.

Ugggh, starting in Medieval is horrid. Start next to horses, build a pile of HA...stomp.

Anyway, submitted a game, 1710ad. It won't challenge the leaders in this, but it is good enough

Top Bottom