Well, it quite different

AznWarlord

Monarch
After playing the demo, it really saddens me how we can no longer control the workers and instead are only allowed to control what they will more/less likely to build. I mean, I don't even know what the workers do anymore. Also the game needs a lot of balancing - unlike the basicness of civ traits on the PC, like Militaristic and Religious, the game goes all complex with different traits for different ages - yes now each civ will play COMPLETELY different, but it won't take long before everyone is picking the same race.

Still, Civ is Civ, and I don't doubt Rev will be bad at all. I can't wait to try it for the DS.

and there aren't any workers...those are just your citizens that you see working in the main screen.

Also, all those bonuses each civ gets, is good for the entire game once you get it.

I've gone through the info section, and no doubt the game will be good, some things don't make sense, like Courthouse to expand worker tiles and what not, but it'll all be good in the end. I mean, won't stop me from playing Civ3. And Civ4 once I get it. 3 completely different games, good in their own ways.

courthouses are required to allow you to work the fat cross, culture production no longer influences that aspect of the city.

I'm not sure I'm digging it either. I played the demo a few times, and I really want to like it - I first fell in love with Civ on the Atari ST - but... eh

I hope it grows on me.

I like almost all of the changes. Before I played the demo I was sad to hear that religion got the cut, but now I don't miss it. Same goes for most of the things they decided to cut or simplify. Micromanaging was always a weakness of mine.

Top Bottom