Some Modern Units ( Infantries and Riflemen )

Thank you for all your comments :) :cool:

I'm closed to finish the update of my Mod and almost everything I planned. So, I updated my 2 first posts in this thread to add all modern units I recently made :lol:

I think I'm over for a while about modern units and will start to finish some stuff I talked here like riflemen ( the Celtic one and a brand new Africa rifleman )

So, Nobody to help for some WW1 units ??? :mischief:

Nice sets, hope to see your native indians soon :)

seZereth made some WWI units a while ago.

PS : I updated too the Russian Marine unit below with another gun :) ( mechaerik made this gun )

I don't know what gun you are talking about, but i didn't make it. I don't make new models. Although I have begun branching out recently.

Nice sets, hope to see your native indians soon :)
seZereth made some WWI units a while ago.

All my Native set is ready and will be uploaded soon :)

Yes : I like very much seZereth WW1 units and I would like start from his base for some WW1 units and especially the heads and the feet. But I need some help in NifSkope ...

I don't know what gun you are talking about, but i didn't make it. I don't make new models. Although I have begun branching out recently.

Didn't say it was a brand new made gun :lol: and if I made a mistake related to this gun : sorry ! :crazyeye: Going to check again :)

EDIT : Wow ! Must be very tired ! ;) you are right : it's not you, it's asioasio gun and the thread is here :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=193166&highlight=sniper&page=2

What should I do : drink more coffee or get some rest now ? :lol:

Really good reskins here :eek:

Everybody may learn to do units, but only few people may perform valuable reskins. You're a lucky man because you've a really unique ability. :king:

Should add a lot of variety to mods, all these units. Any plans on doing ethnic vehicles? I think there is a Humvee Avenger somewhere that could be improved and reskinned with a Russian Star. Also China now has Humvee Avengers in their arsennel...

I love you !!!!!! ;)
So many great and hq units - it will be very nice addition to 1939 extended mod

NEW ADD !

Really sorry to answer sooooooo late ! But I have been a bit away from games these times :crazyeye:

Thank you very much for your comment asioasioasio :)

I added France Modern units ... ---> See first or second post of the thread

- France units : Infantry - Machine Gunner - AT Infantry - SAM Infantry - Marine
( use game animations )

They are based on French AirForce Fusilliers ...

I updated too the French Rifleman ( see my first post ) ---> enhanced the helmet :)

All have been included in the update of Ethnic Mix More ( mod )

About the Celtic Rifleman we talked about, here the one I finally made and choose as the best fit ( for instance ;) )

And here the file : DOWNLOAD

Cheers to everyone :)

Hey, this stuff looks pretty good!

But, uh, when I tried to download your Africa units, I was linked to the Native units instead. I had to search your profile to find the correct units. Just want to point this out so you can fix it.

Links should be fine now ;)

Thanks to have pointed it to me ! :crazyeye:

Here 2 pictures I recently found on the web

first is a photography of Italian Barsiglieri during WW2

second is a picture of today French air force fusilliers

Spoiler :

:)

Hey Coffee Junky, I'm interested in using a couple of these Infantry units, particularly the African Infantry. You state in the OP you like some of high textures though, and so I want to make sure the texture sizes you are using are small in size, and if not any chance you could post a 128 size version for the African infantry at least?

Your units are beautiful coffee junkie! Almost all of them will make it into the mod I'm working on. :)

I'm having trouble with the Russian AT Infantry however. It seems that neither the AntiTankInfantry.kfm or the WWAntiTankInfantry.kfm works with the model. I continually end up with three big red blobs. :crazyeye:

Once again, great work!

Your units are beautiful coffee junkie! Almost all of them will make it into the mod I'm working on. :)

I'm having trouble with the Russian AT Infantry however. It seems that neither the AntiTankInfantry.kfm or the WWAntiTankInfantry.kfm works with the model. I continually end up with three big red blobs. :crazyeye:

Once again, great work!

Red blobs mean that the name or paths of the .nif files are wrong. With a missing or wrong .kfm definition the unit would display but look inanimate or mangled.

Well, I checked and played all modern russian units without any problem. Here 2 pictures :

And here the tags used for all of them :

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_RUSSIA_MACHINE_GUN</Type>
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/EMMUnits/btn_russia_machinegun.dds</Button>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Russia/Russia_MachineGun/machinegunner.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/MachineGun/MachineGunner.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Russia/Russia_MachineGun/machinegunner.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>
<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_RUSSIA_INFANTRY</Type>
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/EMMUnits/btn_russia_infantry.dds</Button>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Russia/Russia_Infantry/Infantry.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Russia/Russia_Infantry/Infantry.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<fShadowScale>0.9</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>
<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_RUSSIA_AT_INFANTRY</Type>
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/EMMUnits/btn_russia_atinfantry.dds</Button>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Russia/Russia_AntiTankInfantry/AT_Infantry2.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/AntiTankInfantry/WWAntiTankInfantry.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Russia/Russia_AntiTankInfantry/AT_Infantry2.nif</SHADERNIF>

<ShadowDef>
</ShadowDef>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>
<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_RUSSIA_SAM_INFANTRY</Type>
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/EMMUnits/btn_russia_saminfantry.dds</Button>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Russia/Russia_SamInfantry/Saminfantry2.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/SAMInfantry/SAMInfantry.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Russia/Russia_SamInfantry/Saminfantry2.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
</ShadowDef>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>
<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_RUSSIA_MARINE</Type>
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/EMMUnits/btn_russia_marine.dds</Button>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Russia/Russia_Marine/Infantry2.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Russia/Russia_Marine/Infantry2.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
</ShadowDef>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

As you see, the Russia AT Infantry uses the AT Infantry so I don't see why it doesn't work ... Try again , and check the directory you point. That's all I can say for the moment and of course, when working, tell me ! :)

As already written by Xyth, the red blobs don't mean a kfm/animation problem but a typical "not-finding-nif-file" and so, a directory problem. Maybe the AT infantry folder name in your game ???

PS : Xyth, thank you again for your help :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh ! Really ? Going to check these asap. I come back in a moment, the time to open a game ... :crazyeye:

Hey Coffee Junky, I'm interested in using a couple of these Infantry units, particularly the African Infantry. You state in the OP you like some of high textures though, and so I want to make sure the texture sizes you are using are small in size, and if not any chance you could post a 128 size version for the African infantry at least?

Just use whatever unit you wish :)

Related to a 128 texture, I'll make you one for each African modern unit. But not sure it will render as fine the 256 texture ... ;)

About textures ... I currently work on some alternative modern units ( less WW2 ), a new marine and a new paratrooper. I work on both basic game and RoM units and I was surprised by the size of some of them ... ( 1024x1024 ) So I began to half size but, I have to work again to get a 256x256 instead at the end ;)

Here are some picures :

:coffee:

...I work on both basic game and RoM units and I was surprised by the size of some of them ... ( 1024x1024 ) So I began to half size but, I have to work again to get a 256x256 instead at the end ;)

This is why LoR hast the best performance of any expansion style mod; all unit models have decent polycounts and texture sizes. I believe Avain and achilleszero were working on applying the same standards to VD as well, though it'll still have some extreme polycount models due to the Ethnic City Styles component (the main reason I can't update that component is I know it doesn't maintain performance standards).

You should really take a look at LoR's art, it's unmatched in performance for any mod of it's type. Also I believe the Blood and Iron mod are strict about their unit art as well, though it's not the same type of mod.

Anyway I have to be a stickler about this, because I believe performance is important. There are probably 1000s of users out there that have fired up one of the various more popular expansion mods, had their game crash or lagg out, and given up on mods because of it. LoR must perform at the highest level possible so this does not occur to new users that try it.

Currently I am very interested in unit art for infantry, as I need to have a different look for early infantry and cold war era infantry that flank an APC unit; currently they look the same and this may be confusing. While there may be plenty of art out there that looks good, there isn't much out there that also will perform well, and so this is why I ask. So please let me know if you get any Infantry art done with low texture sizes (and polycounts if you include a model), and I'll definitely add it, as your work certainly looks great.

Top Bottom