Frequently Asked Questions

hello,

sorry for bothering you with this problem, but it seems that the real issue was just that the file got corrupted during the download, nothing wrong with FFH2.

I tested different scenarios. I just tried to use FFH2.015. It started , it had music, but then the game crashed. So I overinstalled the 2.016 and it started, the game got loaded, but not grafix and no sound, except for a few.

Then I unpacked the .pak file and just treated FFH as a normal mod with a normal mod structure and started from within Civ1.61.
It had the same effect like with 2.016 no gfx, no sound except the one in the patch file.

so maybe the easiest solution is to download the basic game again ... but 243 MB is really too big and so I will not have FFH for the next x weeks .. happens :)

Kael said:
Q: What is the mechanic behind those ancient forests?

A: Forests have a low chance to turn into Ancient Forests every turn if they are in Fellowship of the Leaves territory. Enemy units that enter an ancient forest have a low risk of spawning a Treant that will attack them. If the nearby city has a Shadowed Vale in it the chance of spawning a Treant is tripled.

Shadowed Vales don't exist anymore, do they?

Hey can you post here that Wraiths (lvl 3 death summon) can take away experience points? Making the mistake of leaving a barrow around too long made me realize that you can't expect that barrow to always give you free experience, eventually it wants it back and it will send wraiths at you instead. Also it would be good if it said that in the civilopedia.

I do have a noob question though... I can't seem to find a good place to see exactly what Magic resources I currently have. Its difficult to look through Resources to find it. Is it possible to have this listed separately from resources somewhere quick and easy to check? Maybe this already exists? Its not something I worry about much, but when I want to know, I REALLY want to know... And I don't want to realize that node I just finished is for something I already have.

My advice would be to click onto any city screen that's connected with your mana nodes, and look at the resources available. It's not pretty, since you see all the resources (not just the mana ones), but it's a lot better than nothing.

If I build a certain mana node (e.g. spirit mana node) and then the enemy destroys that node, is there any way to make that node into a different mana type?

EDIT: If you build that apocaylpse wonder that converts heaps of cities and units to the barbarian nation, are heros affected (ie will they convert to barbs?)?

Bad Player said:
If I build a certain mana node (e.g. spirit mana node) and then the enemy destroys that node, is there any way to make that node into a different mana type?

Mana nodes only reset if they no longer sit inside your borders; so if a node gets pillaged, but in still within your borders, then it becomes an unimproved node of whatever it was before eg spirit, and can only be built back to its most recent type (spirit in your example).

I have a couple questions-

1. Does anybody have a list of the rituals and the effects they have?

2. I read somewhere that somebody had or was working on a spreadsheet that listed the various magic units and spells they could cast. Is that available to download anywhere?

I have a couple questions-

1. Does anybody have a list of the rituals and the effects they have?

2. I read somewhere that somebody had or was working on a spreadsheet that listed the various magic units and spells they could cast. Is that available to download anywhere?

I posted a spreadsheet last week here.

It's a work-in-progress, so if you have any comments, please speak up.

I have a problem with Ffh. I get the first loading sequence, but it won't initiate the second loading sequence. I am kind of a nub at modding, and i was excited about using this mod. If anyone could help me out, drop a line.

There is supposed to be a civic called "free religion". I first saw it in the loading screen tips, and there is a wiki entry on it. I can not find it in game though. Is it specific to a certain civilization? And does it really allow use of any of the religion specific civics like the tip says?

Q: After I researched summoning my adepts still don't have access to the 2nd level spells. I am guessing that besides the first level of the sphere, they need addtional Mana resources?

A: Adepts can never cast rank 2 spells. They need to be upgraded to mages or conjurers first. And they need to be level 3 or greater to be upgraded.

Hmm, I remember this being level FOUR and higher. Was this changed or am I remembering wrong?

Bored at work... Waiting to go home and play!

I was reading the page about warlords expansion. There is a scenario where galleys can travel on rivers. Is that specific to warlords or can it be added to FfH?

Bored at work... Waiting to go home and play!

I was reading the page about warlords expansion. There is a scenario where galleys can travel on rivers. Is that specific to warlords or can it be added to FfH?

Galleys can't travel along rivers in base Warlords. I wonder which scenario it is. hmm...

Its probably Chinese Unification where the map doesn't really have rivers, instead it has 1 tile wide oceans (or really long lakes in normal civ terms) all over the map.

Galleys can't travel along rivers in base Warlords. I wonder which scenario it is. hmm...

Its probably Chinese Unification where the map doesn't really have rivers, instead it has 1 tile wide oceans (or really long lakes in normal civ terms) all over the map.

Yes it was the Chinese one. Oh well, sounded interesting anyhow!

Top Bottom