Frequently Asked Questions

Okay, here's what I find confusing... all the versions and editions of this bloody thing. Two weeks ago I downloaded what I thought was FF2 and got what looks to be an old or outdated version? Not near the upgrades and features I've been reading about here, civ leaders like "Mab," the "All-Devourer," and some Tiger clans, none of which seems to be properly in the mix.

Then there's "Light" and "Fire." Are these seperate files, or just the phase of evolution the game is in?

I figured I'd DL the file you uploaded on 07MAR07, and I suspect that's the ticket, but then... what's that patch link?

And just what was it I downloaded the first time, I wonder, because it's the same, but oh so different.

Anyway, massive credit to the designers. Even with the version I've apparently been playing, its an incredible game.

I <3 meteor swarm.

You are playing Fall from Heaven (the first version). Fall from Heaven II is the one that is currently being developed.

"Light", "Fire", "Shadow" and "Ice" are the 4 phases in the development of Fall from Heaven II. "Light" phase is complete and we are currently working on the "Fire" phase. When we finish the "Fire" phase, we will start work on "Shadow".

Okay, so then here's the follow-up question.

I'm currently downloading 2021exe. Is that FFII, FFI Light, or FFII Fire?

If I'm getting this right, its not really the case that Light and Fire are 'expansions,' but rather, stages of development in FFII overall?

Put another way, once Fire is done, you couldn't very well go back and get Light... or could you? (Or would you even want to?)

2021c is the atual Fall from Heaven II Fire Phase.

Yes, they aren't expansion, it's like saying its on Beta version, but instead of calling it Beta, calling it with names and divide the work between them.

Fire has everything Light has and more, so it isn't desirable to play it anymore, as you would be missing all the new stuff only implemented on Fire.

Long story short, yes, you're downloading the right version. Then you just need to keep and eye on this forum and download the patches. (And eventually new versions)

There are some reasons to still play Light, like if you love tiger-spamming and hate unit's alignment requirements. Or if you find the additions to be too scary :p

That was removed recently-ish. I don't remember the reason, but it was probably good.

I tried searching Alignment in the thread but the result wasn't to clear.
Can anyone explain how this works? Leaves I assume keeps you whatever alignment you are. Order I would assume turns you good? Ashen evil. And Runes I believe makes you neutral. OO No idea. And is there any other factors that effect alignment?

I tried searching Alignment in the thread but the result wasn't to clear.
Can anyone explain how this works? Leaves I assume keeps you whatever alignment you are. Order I would assume turns you good? Ashen evil. And Runes I believe makes you neutral. OO No idea. And is there any other factors that effect alignment?

Alignment is only modified by your state religion. The Order makes you good. Runes of Kilmorph tursn you neutral if you are evil (but will leave oyu good if you are good). Fellowship of the Leaves doesn't effect your alignment. Octopus Overlords will turns you neutral if you are good. And the Ashen Veil will turn you evil.

Ahh okay. Thanks a lot again Kael =)

And it's of course important to note that it modifies your alignment based on your current alignment, not the one you start with. Normally, the Bannor are good under the Runes of Kilmorph. However, say you adopt the Veil for some reason, which turns the Bannor evil. Then, adopt Runes of Kilmorph- you'll be neutral.

1.) Sometimes units have strength with two numbers with a slash in between, like 3/2 or 9/7. What does this mean?

2.) What are Sheut Stone and Metamagic resources? I heard Sheut Stones are Cows under Hell terrain. Does it have special bonuses or just the regular +1 food and health? What is the Metamagic Mana and how do you get it? Is it still in the game, or planned for the future?

The unit strengths for some units are now divided into (attack strength)/(defense strength). Of course, if the number on top is smaller it could represent either a divided strength or a damaged unit. A damaged divided strength unit would have strength like 6.7/4.2.

Shuet stone is the hell version of cows in that cows become shuet stones in Hell terrain, but I don't think they give the same food bonus. The units built in a city with access to shuet stone will gain the shuet stone promotion, which adds +1 death damage and causes weakness (20&#37;, I think) to holy damage.
Metamagic is among the new spheres that have not been added to the game yet, as are Creation, Sun, and Shadow. Creation and Metamagic mana (or was it only their nodes?) were actually already present in light (in the world builder) but they haven't been made buildable or useful yet. Each civilization represents one type of mana. Metamagic is the mana type for the Amurites, who will eventually start with it. It will likely be one of the strongest magical spheres. Every magic sphere except metamagic has an opposite sphere (life/death, spirit/body, law/chaos, ect), which some have suggested could give diplomatic penalties (But I think Kael was opposed to this idea, so it probably won't be added).

beyond the sword:

Corporations: A new gameplay feature, similar to religion allows players to create corporations and spread them throughout the world. Each corporation provides benefits in exchange for certain resources.
Espionage: Now available much earlier in the game, this expanded feature offers players many new ways to spy on opponents, stir citizen unrest and defend their government&#8217;s secrets.
Events: New random events such as natural disasters, pleas for help, or demands from their citizens will challenge players to overcome obstacles in order for their civilizations to prosper

are you going to reveal any peachy details about this?
or are you bound by the nda...
just a teaser? : P
(the other updates are less awe-inspiring)

No. Whenever the number changes it means t is a completely separate download. The different patches are indicated by letters. These also do not require the previous patches to function properly.

ok downloaded the patch i put it in mods folder ffh but title screen says ver 0.16 still

Esentially 0.16, 0.20 and 0.21 are seperate mods. It isn't possible to patch between them. To play 0.21 you will need to download the full mod.

Quick question, I saw this answered somewhere a while ago (I think).

What is the source of the music in this mod?

Top Bottom