Nasty bug in demo. Phantom Market.

RemoWilliams

Warlord
In going for the fastest economic win possible, I encountered a nasty bug in the demo (Xbox 360).

Sometimes, when the game claims to reward me with a market in Rome, not only is it a lie, but the Market is unavailable to build.

I noticed this, because one time (and only one time), I had 2600+ gold per turn going in Rome, right before the end. Normally, it was $1700+, and I thought, "what gives?"

So I played again, and sure enough, I got to 1700+, but no more. Checking the buildings in the city, I saw that I did not have a market. Nor was it available to build. Every other city could build a market, just not Rome!

Hopefully this isn't a bug in the full version! Can anyone confirm/deny?

Is it possible a spy came and smashed it without me knowing it? Would that make it permanently unavailable?

Two questions:

1) Did you have a bank? - It replaces the marketplace. (and indeed cannot even be built until you have a marketplace)

2) Did you have a Settled Industrialist/Explorer? - Lack of one definitely explains the low gold total.

Ah! Thanks, the industrialist must be it! Call off the dogs!

I don't understand how anyone can even come close to getting an economic victory in the demo.

I don't understand how anyone can even come close to getting an economic victory in the demo.
Once you get a Mega-city (31 pop) up you will collect 1600-2500 gold a turn from that city alone. There is a walkthrough in the strategy section that tell you how to get the economic victory.

Top Bottom