Random Warhammer Art

Yeah, besides models the books are almost entirely black & white.
I haven't played the mod because my install is patched to 3.19 but I've been anxiously awaiting the next release. :)

Anything else you need just drop me a line; some books have more colour illustrations, the Vampire Counts is almost entirely B&W though here's two more scans of coloured pendants/flags:
Spoiler :

Like I said before, anything you need, imagery or lore, just ask away.
Currently I have sourcebooks for most factions and a couple general books (Liber Necris, Liber Chaotica and the Life of Sigmar).

Cheers

If you have any ideas at all about any civs, take a look at the Design Overview thread (link in my Sig) and post anything you have in the Design Discussion thread (also in my sig)

i also think i might change the Vampires flag to one of those... the one i have is kinda lame (its in the Design overview thread) i quite like the large bat one on the first pic.

I came across thes GIANT SCORPIONS!
which i plan to use for Tomb Swarm art when we get around to Khemri.

i also did a reskin to be used as the Tomb Scorpion :D (which i cant be bothered to provide a preview for cause im slack :D)

Excellent!

*Salivates* That pic is beautiful. Sorry, I'm a sucker for welldone Fantasy art. :)

Hmm...gimme some time to think while I some XML and I'll get back to you with suggestions on those links Orlanth posted. In 2 sec, I'm gonna take "Strong's Assessment" for my Career & Life Planning class. Wish me luck, huh? :p

Hi, I'm dropping by here. If there is something I can do, I will. No promise on the ETA date or the exact result, but I am willing to mix the potion :lol:

There are certainly many, many units that will need unit art created for them.

PL, at some point when you get art a bit more under control, we should get a list of art requirements. Basiaclly, all the units, and then subtracting the ones that we already have (or can find) reasonable art for, and then a brief art description or link to a tabletop model for a

One thing I'm pretty sure we're missing (I haven't seen anywhere): some decent Genie art.
If we could get art for a Djinn, Efreet and Dao that would be pretty cool.

Just something standard arabian nights-ish: floating man with a scimitar, and flames or a whirlwind for a lower body.
Maybe something like http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=603 (Efreet Sultan) or http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=608 (genie)

A chinese dragon (wingless) would be great too, or a phoenix.

I don't think we have a core ogre model; an ogre (that can then be reskinned for multiple ogre units) would be pretty useful.

Esvath, it'd be great if you could do some of those.

Alternatively, breeze through the design thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=334546
and think about any units that strike your fancy as being interesting to create art for, and post them here and we'll let you know whether or not we already have art for them or not.

For canon units, art that approximates the models is ideal. Otherwise, anything goes.

If we could get art for a Djinn, Efreet and Dao that would be pretty cool.

check out this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8903938&postcount=45

Deliverator is converting units from Kohan2, and there are 2 units there that seem perfect (numbers 26 and 27)

we really need elementalist art as well. fire, water, earth and air, each with 3 levels of caster (initiate, elementalist and master elementalist)

Eh... I don't really like those as Djinn/Efreet art.

We want an Arabian nights feel. Those just look like random elementals. We want something that looks like a genie; no-one would look at those and see "genie".

Elementalists are probably easy enough to reskin from existing models.

From that link, I would say we have:
1) Ork shaman (with a skin color change)
2) Lhamia Tomb Banshee.
3) Not used (we don't have undead centaurs)
4) reskin for any kind of mage really
5) High elf handmaiden maybe?
6) Chaos dwarf Juggernaut maybe?
7) Reskin for some kind of royal guard.
8) Necromancer?
9) we probably have enough knights already?
10) or 14) Wood elf treekin? It would be good to have more differences between the dryad, treekin and treeman, atm these are based on the same model IIRC.
11) Ogre Rhinox riders?
13) nothing really
15) reskin for grudge thrower? Or rock lobba?
16) Empire knight? I like the weapon.
17) Tilean bodyguard?
18) Sylvanian spirit host?
19) Carnosaur? (Add rider). Or reskin for Warhound of Chaos.
20) Chaos fury
21) Bestigor? (add weapon)
22) I think we already have a skeletal archer, and there aren't any skeletal xbows in the design.
23) bone giant
24) skink?
26, 27, 28, 31 Elementals.
29) zombie horde (mix it with existing ones if needed, so a single zombie horde has zombies based on different models)
30) looks pretty cool, grave guard or skeletal warriors (though we already have some good skeles IIRC)
32) can't see any fit
33) skeletal horsemen
34) chaos warrior bodyguard unit?

Some obvious units that I don't *think* we have art for (my memory is fuzzy) and will probably need new models:

harpy
kislev war wagon, imperial war wagon (these are not the same IIRC, one is towed by horses, the other is self-propelled?)
inquisition pyre
Tilean Birdmen of Cartazza (leonardo da vinci type flyers)
genies, flying carpet knights
fell bats, vhargulf, black coach
winged nightmare
Gor's of various types
rat ogre, doom wheel, screaming bell
bull centaur, swivel gun, lammasu
foo statue, thunder drakes
oni (asian ogre), oni mage
ki-rin (mock up from a unicorn?)
wingless dragon/serpent, phoenix
engine of the gods, stegadon, teradon
various ogres, gnoblars

*edit*
updated removing some units

If you pick some you're interested in working on, we can give some art design guidelines.
Or take a look here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/landing.jsp?catId=cat370003&rootCatGameStyle=wh
for tabletop art to base things on. (Go through the various Warhammer Armies tabs: Core/Special/Rare units.)

I have a hydra model, but it needs animations still

i have models of war dogs, (based off the wolf) we can use for mastiffs

i found an awesome sphinx unit. linked it in the design thread under khemri

seZ made a base skaven unit for us. ive askes esvath to make us some skaven warlocks and grey seers from those. we can probably mould a lot of other ratty things from this.

appart from those, yes we have a lot of art still missing :lol:

(so much for beauty sleep... ive started compiling the mod)

Top Bottom