FfH2 Bug Thread

If anyone in the defending stack has guardsman then the assassins marksman ability is negated and he attacks like normal. Since the best defender in the stack is the ranger, he defends.

Does the Guardsman have higher chance to defend normal attacks then? Or this seems too powerful of a defense against assassins. Since you could do what the previous poster said.

Should have +100% defense. So a unit with more than double the defense of the Guardsmen would defend first. At least that is what it has been like, no?

With patch q, in the "counterfeit" event, the last option can be selected even when you don't have the Runes of Kilmorph state religion.

I don't know if it still happens with patch r, but it's not on the list of changes, so I'm posting it here.

I've cast Fair Winds about a half dozen times, in harbors and at sea (Ljosalfar Adepts). The animation and noise goes, but the promotion doesn't show up on the vessal, nor do they seem to get the extra movement bonus. Any ideas?

If anyone in the defending stack has guardsman then the assassins marksman ability is negated and he attacks like normal. Since the best defender in the stack is the ranger, he defends.

In one of my recent games I loaded my stack with a couple of warriors, a scout, and a few diciples and the assassins still attack the mages. They will even attack mages over adepts (which have lower strength). They will pick off wounded units before mages though which makes the behavior stranger. Has the marksman promotion changed to target higher level casters first and not lowest hp? Is this a bug or a feature?

In one of my recent games I loaded my stack with a couple of warriors, a scout, and a few diciples and the assassins still attack the mages. They will even attack mages over adepts (which have lower strength). They will pick off wounded units before mages though which makes the behavior stranger. Has the marksman promotion changed to target higher level casters first and not lowest hp? Is this a bug or a feature?

They target the lowest strength (not hp, hp is different, every unit has 100hp, if they have say 50hp then their strength is halved) unit. The channeling promotions make a unit "seem" (for targeting purposes only) to have less strength, and channeling 2 does so more than 1, and 3 more than 2. So adepts will get targeted before scouts, mages before adepts, and archmages before mages.

I've cast Fair Winds about a half dozen times, in harbors and at sea (Ljosalfar Adepts). The animation and noise goes, but the promotion doesn't show up on the vessal, nor do they seem to get the extra movement bonus. Any ideas?

Haven't used Fair Winds since 0.34, but it worked fine then.

Noted that you're reducing the spamming of ships, but the reason the ships were spammed in the first place was to replace those lost on invasions and the problem is that those invasions aren't happening (the ships are sitting in port). The AI is having a problem loading ships, is my guess. Or else sea serpents are scaring them?

I was playing as the Kuriotates and I couldn't make centaur lancers because The stable wasn't an available building. I had all of the techs but Stable wasn't in the building list.

Minor bug:

I noticed that one of the random events, something like "werewolf in the bushes ethical" has a TXT entry error. The text tag is "WERWOLF" instead of "WEREWOLF," so the string descriptor shows up instead of the desired text.

Is it just me, or do the astrological sign random events cause you to skip an entire turn?

I have this happen constantly, and have been watching the turn counter when it happens. For example it is turn 15, and I hit the end turn button. It cycles over to 16, and immediately I get one of those "the sign of blahblah has come into prominence" popups. I make my choice, but now all of my units are acting as if they have moved already. I have no choice but to hit the end turn button again and cycle to turn 17.

This is a real bummer when you are first fighting the effects of Samhain and those mounted frostling archers get a free shot at your cities!

@xcrissxcrossx
I believe that the problem was fixed by patch b.

@Lutefisk Mafia
I think that both problems are fixed by patch n.

Sorry in advance, if I was just being redundant.

Noted that you're reducing the spamming of ships, but the reason the ships were spammed in the first place was to replace those lost on invasions and the problem is that those invasions aren't happening (the ships are sitting in port). The AI is having a problem loading ships, is my guess. Or else sea serpents are scaring them?

This probably belongs more in an ai thread. But the problem is the ai is at war with 5 civs it shares a landmass with. It has 2 coastal cities on that landmass (they they are its only cities) and what does the ai choose to build? Attack ships in both cities.

If the ai is feeling safe at home and preping for a coastal invasion i have no problem with it building an armada. But these ships are being built before the ai even has a reasonable city defense.

My friend and I did some most testing. whenever one of us completes a winery, the game goes OoS, this has happened in three seperate games. Can anyone else test to see if the same happens to them in multiplayer?

My friend and I did some most testing. whenever one of us completes a winery, the game goes OoS, this has happened in three seperate games. Can anyone else test to see if the same happens to them in multiplayer?

I've been able to build winerys perfectly fine in MP without problems.

I assume you are both on the same patch right?

strange behaviour for "high to low" option
I played one game with high to low and barbarian world.
Obviously, the "barbarian" civilization is also counted as an enemy you have to beat in points.
I was first by quite a margin, and it"s only after taking a few barb cities that I got the painful right to play the lowest in score.

We have the same patch, although I had done a fresh installation and patched to the lastest, while he has had the same one and installed each individual patch, so that might be it.

Top Bottom