Heroes in the mod

I just started college again so RL for me is gonna be hectic for a lil while, once things are settled ill be back to help out.

Best of luck! If you need help with economics you can ask me, if you need help with chemistry you can ask some of the others here :)

I was reading through and noticed the minor hero unit Gortrex and Felix. Maybe, for balance sake, there should be a Chaotic aligned unit that pretty much fills the same role.
Don't leave us Chaos lovers without some fun event spawned unit. :lol::D

Personally, I'm thinking something along the lines of Lokhir Fellheart and Malus Darkblade. It could be a melee and mounted shock unit combo. The equipment for it could be Warpsword of Khaine (+2 Unholy) and Helm of the Kraken (can cause fear). Also, upon defeating a unit, this minor hero would have an automatic 25% chance to gain a slave unit (whether slavery was a civic or not). There's some info on them here, http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat50013&rootCatGameStyle=.

Anyway, just a very rough idea.

Edit: And, while looking more at the games-workshop site, I found this, http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50013&prodId=prod1130314. So, might I suggest Beastlord Rakarth as the 3rd DE hero. (Ya know, you can have either Malekith or Morathi, depending on which leader you chose, and then Rakarth would be your 2nd buildable hero.)
Spoiler :
Beastlord Rakarth
-Era 1: On foot model, 1 movement, 4 strength, has Harpy companion (ala Hunter's companions in FfH).
-Era 2: Mounted on Manticore model, 2 movement, 5 strength.
-Era 3: Mounted on Black Dragon model, 3 movement, ignore impassable terrain, 9 strength, Breath Attack.
-Unique items:
---'Beastlord's Scrouge': Gives 30% bonus toward beast units and 5% bonus against Hunter Skirmish Troops, Ranger Skirmish Troops, and Beastmasters.
-Other Bonuses:
--- Immune to psychology (immune to fear etc)
--- subject to Bloodlust
--- Innate Cruelty (10% attack bonus)
--- hates Highelves

If you guys want, I could look up 3rd Heroes for some other civs too. (I figure that the games-worshop site is a pretty good resource.) Save you the time it'd take to look em up.

Rare minor events don't have any significant impact on balance, they're there for flavor. Having said that, any event that provides good flavor is worth considering for inclusion.

Sure, I'm a fan of the Gotrex&Felix and the proposed Malus Darkblade events. It adds to gameplay to have some Heroes and Units be available to a variety of different civs depending on how the game unfolds. Particularly if most civs effectively always have the same religion, we need to keep thinking of more ways that playing a given civ (or facing a given civ as ally or enemy) is never exactly the same experience in every game.

Also would be helpful to have a list of appropriate Minor Hero names by civ; we're planning to use the Grigori Adventurer mechanic to have occasional Minor Heroes be born as Great People (using generic base unit types for Heroes to avoid listbloat, but having them customizable with promotions through experience), so it would be great to have some flavor names that could be given to these.

Rare minor events don't have any significant impact on balance, they're there for flavor. Having said that, any event that provides good flavor is worth considering for inclusion.

Maybe balance was the wrong word. (AND I get what you're saying. I agree.) It's just that it'd be nice if the Chaotic civs would get a rare minor event as well. It'd be a nice shiny. ;)

Unless this particular rare minor event extends to all civs. The problem I see there is...would Gortrex and Felix really side with...the Druchii? Or the Kurgan? Even the Norsca? I spose it could be made to work. But...it's not the same as a rare minor event hero for that really would be chaotic. I release I'm asking for more work here. And, by all means, if you disagree, don't listen to me. :lol: Seriously. It's just a suggestion.

Also would be helpful to have a list of appropriate Minor Hero names by civ

I can help you there. :D Lemme go get it.

Edit: Ok, here are what heroes I could find on short notice.

Spoiler :
Bretonnia:
The Green Knight (equipped with "The Dolorous Blade")
Repanse De Lyonesse (basically a standard bearer with a hero promotion)

The Druchii:
Malus Darkblade (equipped with "Warpsword of Khaine")
Shadowblade (Master of Assassins)
Lokhir Fellheart (equipped with "Helm of the Kraken", which causes fear [ala Trimor Mask in FfH])

Dwarfs:
Runelord Thorek Ironbrow (equipped with a rune hammer, "Klad Brakak")

Empire:
Kurt Helborg (equipped with "Runefang" or "Laurels of Victory")
Elector Count Marius Leitdorf (Mad Lord of Averland)
Grand Theogonist Volkmar (equipped with "The Jade Griffon")
Balthasar Gelt (equipped with "Staff of Volans")
Ludwig Schwarzhelm (like a standard bearer but equipped with "Sword of Justice")
Luthor Huss (Sigmarite Warrior)

The Asur:
Eltharion (mounted on the gripphon "Stormwing" and equipped with "The Fangsword")
Alith Anar, the Shadow King (recon hero, equipped with "The Moonbow")
Prince Imrik (a mage unit mounted on an emperor dragon)
Captain Caradryan (equipped with "The Phoenix Blade"; captain of the Phoenix Guard)
Captain Korhil (equipped with "Pelt of Charandis"; captain of the White Lions)

Lizardmen:
Eternity Warden Chakax (equipped with "The Star-Stone Mace")
Tiktaq'to, Master of Skies (equipped with "The Blade of Ancient Skies")

Ogre Kingdoms:
Skrag the Slaughterer (Prophet of the Great Maw)

Orcs:
Borgut Facebeater (Black Orc Warboss)
Shaman Wurrzag (Savage Orc Shaman, mounted on boar)

Skaven:
Grey Seer Thanquol (accompanied by "Bone Ripper" companion [ala Hunter's companions in FfH])
Throt the Unclean (equipped with "Creature-killer")
Lord Skrolk (inflicted with leprosy, a walking plague unit [ala Mary Mobus in FfH])
Deathmaster Snikch (Skaven "Master of Assassins")

Counts of Sylvania:
Konrad von Carstein (violent lunatic brother of Vlad von Carstein)

Chaos:
Galrauch (First of the Chaos Dragons, possessed by Tzeentch)

The Asrai:
Branchwraith Drycha (midpower mage unit)

Unless this particular rare minor event extends to all civs. The problem I see there is...would Gortrex and Felix really side with...the Druchii? Or the Kurgan? Even the Norsca? I spose it could be made to work. But...it's not the same as a rare minor event hero for that really would be chaotic. I release I'm asking for more work here. And, by all means, if you disagree, don't listen to me. :lol: Seriously. It's just a suggestion.

The Gotrek & Felix event only happens for good civs or empire/dwarves.

Thought so.

Top Bottom