Playtester?

rocklikeafool

Warmaster
So, since I've been doing this a little unofficially...(I purposely didn't upgrade to 3.19 cuz I wanted to try the 1.5 download of this mod and my school makes you rent a PC, so I got 2, figured why the hell not?)...I'm wondering if you guys need a playtester? Someone to find out if the hammer costs, new promotion bonuses, etc. make sense. If you do, I'm willing to do it.
I am in school, so I may be busy sometimes. But once homework is done and if I have no tests, quizzes, or papers coming, I like to play games. I'm bored with FfH and FF, so...lemme know if you need a playtester.

We will *definitely* need playtesters once we have a stable 3.19 compatible version up and ready to work.

Balance and cost suggestions and the like will be very useful, as will bughunts.

Cool. Well, look me up then.

thanks for the offer RLAF :) were trying to get a rough alpha out and when we do ill PM you :) actually, on that note. anyone who wants to playtest the alpha, should post in here. once we release it ill PM links to everyone who asks for it ;)

but youll have to remember itll be riddled with bugs and fun things to squish

COOL! I was actually hoping you had an alpha coming. :) And hey, man, bug finding and things to squish, it don't bother me. I'd like to help out. Been following this mod a while and I've always liked the idea. Just the whole world of WH. :D I figure playtesting would be something I could do. ;)

And (cue constant groveling for XML coding help) what we actually really need are people to help with entering game content into the XML files. Although any experience XML files or Fall Further would be a plus; it's really fairly easy to learn with a decent amount of effort as it really just consists of entering in various game stats and abilities etc in the correct format. So anyone interested please PM Psychic_Llamas Ahriman or me.

And (cue constant groveling for XML coding help) what we actually really need are people to help with entering game content into the XML files. Although any experience XML files or Fall Further would be a plus; it's really fairly easy to learn with a decent amount of effort as it really just consists of entering in various game stats and abilities etc in the correct format. So anyone interested please PM Psychic_Llamas Ahriman or me.

If I have the time, which I should, I'll learn some more about xml coding. I know the most basic thing about it. Basically, all I know how to do is how to go into xml files, change things, copy and paste, etc. One of the most common things I've done is edit civics in FfH.
See, a pet peeve of mine is that the Theocracy civic gives +2xp to units built in cities with your state religion. (In WH 1.5, Dogmatism does the same thing, of course.) But, if you notice in FF, they switched out the +2xp for something else. I can't remember what. So, several times, I've changed it so I get my +2xp. Easiest way I've found to do it was to open the regular FfH CIV4CivicInfos and then copy and paste the line from there into the FF CIV4CivicInfos. Then delete the offending line. :lol: Very easy change, doesn't mess with anything much. No xml errors or CTD causing problems. I've also done several other minor changes of the same type, like editing small parts of other modmods and such.

BUT since I'll have time, I'll take the time to learn more. I know there's some tutorials on this site for xml. I just haven't taken the time to look at em yet.

Awesome! Thanks a lot rlaf we definitely need all the modding help we can get - :goodjob: If you PM Psychic_Llamas or Ahriman I think they can grant you access to the private mod team forum where a lot of additional discussions take place.

Since you've already started modding in XML you know basically that's all there is to it; just editing the XML tags to create the stats and effects you want. As a great reference while modding, the civ4 modiki website below has plenty of docs explaining what tags you can use
http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Civ4BuildingInfos

and xienwolf's post here has some additional XML tags you can use from Fall Further.

orlanth said:
Awesome! Thanks a lot rlaf we definitely need all the modding help we can get - :goodjob: If you PM Psychic_Llamas or Ahriman I think they can grant you access to the private mod team forum where a lot of additional discussions take place.
Sweet! I PMed P_L. :D I'm excited!

orlanth said:
http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Civ4BuildingInfos

and xienwolf's post here has some additional XML tags you can use from Fall Further.
Wow. These really help! This makes it so much easier. I thought I was gonna have to hunt this stuff down. Thanks, Orlanth! :goodjob:

Oh, cool. Well, I PMed P_L, as I said. I hope he doesn't mind, since you just gave me this. I'll be right over to that url, Ahriman. I'm SO EXCITED!

haha Ahri beat me to the punch :p i can never remember where people have to go to apply to join the team, so i told RLAF to PM you.
and i definately dont mind :) more help is welcome!

welcome on board rlaf!

anyone who wants to playtest the alpha, should post in here. once we release it ill PM links to everyone who asks for it ;)

but youll have to remember itll be riddled with bugs and fun things to squish

i would like to :hammer:squish some bugs of the new version.

Top Bottom