[MOD] Dawn of a New Era

M07

Prince

Welcome, I present you this mod that will change your game strategy and your interest to play with Civ4 Colonization too.
You will be able to download it here

Glad to see a new subforum!

However, perhaps you could include more information about your mod, rather then just a picture and download link? I looked around on your site, but couldn't find any information on the mod... if I have to go digging for information, I'm probably not going to download it.

I understand and I wanted to create this new subforum to explain more precisely all changes I did. So just a bit of patience, I must to make many screnshots and it takes time :p. This morning I think I will explain us eras system.

Now I hope you will download my mod, TC01 :p. I made a spoiler in the first post with all the bigger changes I had. Sometime, I will try to add tutorials like that of hospitals or the three eras.

Now I hope you will download my mod, TC01 :p. I made a spoiler in the first post with all the bigger changes I had. Sometime, I will try to add tutorials like that of hospitals or the three eras.

It's good to see a detailed changelog- I include them in all new versions of all of my mods. And the mod sounds cool enough that I probably will download it. But what I had in mind was something like the summary quoted below. So someone quickly browsing your forum or thread can see what the mod is, and if it sounds interesting.

Age of Discovery II said:
Summary:
AoD2 hopes to take the C4C experience to new heights by adding new playable nations, complete with unique traits and units as well as introducing new strategic concepts to expand the game and take the player in multiple directions. A major focus has been to change the game's influence from small nations to large Empires (an initial fault in the release version of C4C is that it is easier to win with only two tiny colonies than with 20 large established colonies).

New victory conditions have been added, including Economic and Industrialisation victories. These victories are for players who wish to play a builder-style of game and concentrate on trade or infrastructure with their colonies.

New maps have been included. The Colonization I map is a direct copy of the original games map (with random natives, goods and ruins). The second map is the Columbus Dream map. What if Columbus was right? When you hold the Declaration of Independance, your flag will change from the European flag to a new flag (eg: from England to Betsy Ross). The PatchMod has also been added to eliminate bugs from the game, rebalance and expand certain core concepts.

Dale also has a long changelog. But the point is, I can see "what exactly the mod is" without having to read it, by reading the three paragraphs above.

I never thought to do that. It is a very good idea!! I will try to summarize my mod and I will explain what exactly the mod is. Thank you for your advice.;)

Dale also has a long changelog. But the point is, I can see "what exactly the mod is" without having to read it, by reading the three paragraphs above.

A mod is made to improve the gameplay. DoaNE respects the same principle as the other mods. It's only different and the changelog is precise.

The mod allows to vary the game by adding units, buildings and others !

It's good to see a detailed changelog- I include them in all new versions of all of my mods. And the mod sounds cool enough that I probably will download it. But what I had in mind was something like the summary quoted below. So someone quickly browsing your forum or thread can see what the mod is, and if it sounds interesting.

Originally Posted by Age of Discovery II, by Dale
Summary:
AoD2 hopes to take the C4C experience to new heights by adding new playable nations, complete with unique traits and units as well as introducing new strategic concepts to expand the game and take the player in multiple directions. A major focus has been to change the game's influence from small nations to large Empires (an initial fault in the release version of C4C is that it is easier to win with only two tiny colonies than with 20 large established colonies).

New victory conditions have been added, including Economic and Industrialisation victories. These victories are for players who wish to play a builder-style of game and concentrate on trade or infrastructure with their colonies.

New maps have been included. The Colonization I map is a direct copy of the original games map (with random natives, goods and ruins). The second map is the Columbus Dream map. What if Columbus was right? When you hold the Declaration of Independance, your flag will change from the European flag to a new flag (eg: from England to Betsy Ross). The PatchMod has also been added to eliminate bugs from the game, rebalance and expand certain core concepts.

The description is basic and says nothing. I downloaded Dale's mod for its changelog.
I played and I liked that!

If you think that it is not clear, tries to play DoaNE mod, you will be interested.

A mod is made to improve the gameplay. DoaNE respects the same principle as the other mods. It's only different and the changelog is precise.

The mod allows to vary the game by adding units, buildings and others !

No. Mods are not necessarily made to improve the gameplay. Westward Ho and Mare Nostrum are total conversions. If we assume the number of mods that have project development forums to be a random sampling of all full mods, two mods are for gameplay improvements and two are total conversions... They may improve gameplay, but that is not the purpose. Other mods are made for other modders to use. And other mods generally improve gameplay. And that's only counting modpacks/modcomps... there are graphical mods, new civ mods, scenarios, etc...

The description is basic and says nothing. I downloaded Dale's mod for its changelog.
I played and I liked that!

Oh, so it says nothing? I guess it doesn't say that AoD adds two new victory conditions, new playable nations, new traits, units, new maps, flag changing on independence, elimination of bugs, rebalancing of existing concepts, a focus on larger empires rather then only having two cities/settlements to win... apparently, all of that equals nothing?

The reason I used AoDII as a comparison was that it has both a general description and a detailed changelog. And personally, I read the changelog after the introduction/description of a mod interests me enough to do so. (That's both the passive "read", in that I did it for AoDII, and the present "read", in that I do it for all mods).

If you think that it is not clear, tries to play DoaNE mod, you will be interested.

I am interested. The changelog interested me, as did some of the stuff I've read about the mod in it's other threads. That is why I am posting on this issue. As I said, I'm going to download the mod. I was just pointing out that it might be more useful to have a description to catch people's interest. (Well, the picture does that too, I guess).

It is ready!!!!!:eek:
I present you Dawn of a New Era v1.33.
You will discover the new sailor profession and a new process to give the 20 experience points with the great general. The others changes were mentioned in the spoiler below.
Good Games!! And give me your impressions!!

Ps: you can dowload it here too if you have some pb.

Spoiler :

DAWN OF A NEW ERA ALL VERSION
Auteurs : M07 (Concept & mod)
Dazio (Concept & graphics)

1. Changes :

A/ Conceptual changes :

-Ships and Crew:

Ships was built in your dry-dock or shipyards must have a crew, without which they can not navigate.

A ship's crew is a settler who must take the sailor profession. It can be embarked on the ship of your choice (caravel, privateer, frigate, galleon etc. ..) as crew. It can be loaded in a ship too.

When you will get promotions after naval battles, this is not the ship that will get them but the crew. If the crew is embarked, the icon of promotion will appear by selecting the ship, but it's the sailor who will be promote.

You can disembark when you want and embark on another ship. You can swap two crews when you will select two vessels. However, a ship with a new crew doesn't be able to move in the same turn.

The ships purchased in Europe are always provided of crews.

- Great General and Experience Points:

When you allocate the "Great General" Now you can distribute experience points to your liking through a pop-up that give you the choice of your units. When all points are distributed, you can choose the unit that will benefit from the allocation of the Great General.

- Abandoned Colony:

An icon is now present to activate the abandonment of your colony. During this operation, all the settlers are expelled automatically.

B/ Add Units :

- Experienced Sailor: This is an elite unit when it is integrated on a ship as a crew.

C/ Add professions :

- Sailor : A Free Colonist, an criminal or an experienced sailor can receive the sailor profession and then to be integrate on a ship as a crew.

D/ Changes units :

- The converted Indians don't be able to become Patriots.

- You can still equip soldiers with swords, in the era II, as you have one available.

- soldiers with promotions don't become patriotic automatically.

- Agronomists: Now, the agronomist has a price evolution in Europe.

- Explorer Aguerri: Explorers don't appear in the Europe docks. However you can buy a first for 80 ducats however it price will increase.

- Builder wagon: Now Builder wagon provides 25 units of food in the colony founded. This food is a bonus and not taken from the stock of original colony . Moreover, when you found a city, you will obtain a wagon train. However, the 15 tools in the colony stock is no longer provided.

E/ Add Promotions :
x promotions for Ship Crew:

- Veteran naval: 1 to 6,
- Naval Strategy: 1 to 3.

F/ changes of buildings :

- Cigars, Rums and coats buildings are no longer present when you found a colony,

You can only build two different structures (+ their upgrades) per colony.
The cloth factory will always be present in each of your colony.
However you need to choose between one of the other remaining (Cigars, Rum, or coats factory). Whatever the type that you will choose, the factory position on the screen of the colony will be the same.

Correction:
The mod has been reviewed and corrected to avoid bugs in multiplayer. The passages eras 2 and 3 as the abandonment of settlements no longer cause desync.

The color of the military doctor was wrong (as blue as the surgeon rather than tan).

In Encyclopedia:
In the folder "concept of the game,I added explanations of eras (conditions for reaching the age 2 or 3) and explanations of Ships.

This mod is great
A little suggestion
Can you make each soldier name uniquely
Like let's say, soldier for the first era has different name that the one from the second era
Because it's rather confusing for the newcomer to this mod(like me, who at the first time wondering why did my veteran soldier only has 4 strength where my ordinary soldier has 8, before i recognize that they have different weapons)
Maybe you can change it to swordsman, arquebusier, musketman, or so on

Ty, you seem to be one of the few who appreciates this mod in this forum. ;)

Good idea, in the next version of DoaNE, change will be done.
If you have other ideas, they will be welcome! :p
And is it intended to get free wagon everytime we build a city?

And is it intended to get free wagon every-time we build a city?
Yes, it is. But, I have the feeling that it is too easy. I have some suggestions and you will say me what is the best for you :
- no changes ( The easiest for me :p )
- When you found city, wagon will not appear
- Only when you found your first city a wagon will appear.
- I have an other idea, but it isn't good enough.

Yes, it is. But, I have the feeling that it is too easy. I have some suggestions and you will say me what is the best for you :
- no changes ( The easiest for me :p )
- When you found city, wagon will not appear
- Only when you found your first city a wagon will appear.
- I have an other idea, but it isn't good enough.
I don't have any idea too:p
What's your reason/point to do it at the first time btw?

From all option above, the third is the best one for me.Too many wagon, made the wagon become worthless

Really good remark, i_diavolorosso !

Too many wagon, made the wagon become worthless

You are right!

Your Remark reminds us that the systematic appearance of wagon is exaggerated.

We think that the first colony would be without wagon : it is the ship which would contain all the necessary equipment.

The second with a wagon : the convoy builder is equipped with a wagon. We imagine that it would be still in good condition (it is a bonus!).

Then, wagons could appear randomly: wagons could be very damaged, thus would not appear, or would be still operational and could appear (enough little).

What's your reason/point to do it at the first time btw?

Sorry, I do not understand what wants to say: "btw" !?

Really good remark, i_diavolorosso !

You are right!

Your Remark reminds us that the systematic appearance of wagon is exaggerated.

We think that the first colony would be without wagon : it is the ship which would contain all the necessary equipment.

The second with a wagon : the convoy builder is equipped with a wagon. We imagine that it would be still in good condition (it is a bonus!).

Then, wagons could appear randomly: wagons could be very damaged, thus would not appear, or would be still operational and could appear (enough little).

Sorry, I do not understand what wants to say: "btw" !?
btw=by the way;)

I think, logically, you're right to give free wagon everytime we found new city.Because, in this mod, only convoy builder can made a city, and the builder itself consist of a wagon(isn't it?).So when the convoy builder become a city, you can imagine that the colonist made a city from all material that was carried inside the convoy builder's wagon.Then, when the wagon is empty, you can use it to load some goods(or let's say that it become trade wagon).

But, the problem is, i fear that the wagon, like i said before, become worthless.

So my solution is(please noted, that i'm not a modder, so i don't have any idea of how possible my solution is to be implemented), for the first city, you shouldn't give us a free wagon.The reason behind this is, because wagon is used for trade between city-city/city-native settlement.But, at the first attempt of colonization, logically, wagon isn't necessary, because all the colonist is busy at working land around the settlement, to prevent starving.

All terrain has it's own resources(like food, wood, and so on).My question is, is it possible to sum all resources available around the city(like the one shown in the city management screen),Example, 2 food+2timber=4 resources?If it's possible, than you can made the possibility of wagon appeared on the new city as:sum of resources in new city/sum of resources of your biggest city?Let's say, New city has 4 resources, and your biggest city has 10, so there's 40% percentage of wagon appeared in the new city.The logic is, colonist (the one that ride wagon from the convoy builder) would stay in the new city(become wagon) when the city is promising(has many resources)

That's my opinion, if my solution isn't doable, just made the possibility randomly:goodjob:
Sory for long post:)

Alternatively you could make it so you keep the wagon but is reusable. There are several units that use wagons (standard/convoy builder/military thing). Could you just make it so you can convert a wagon to one of those and use less resources?

So theoretically after building your colony you can use the wagon for trade, or 'fill it up' with resources again to found a new colony, or make it into a military one?

Hi I Diavolorosso,

So my solution is(please noted, that i'm not a modder, so i don't have any idea of how possible my solution is to be implemented), for the first city, you shouldn't give us a free wagon.The reason behind this is, because wagon is used for trade between city-city/city-native settlement.But, at the first attempt of colonization, logically, wagon isn't necessary, because all the colonist is busy at working land around the settlement, to prevent starving.

As I said it to you on the previous post, your remark made us understand that wagons lost their value because of our system. Thus, we are going to modify the principle of the way you say it. The first colony will have no wagon (it is the ship which takes all the equipment, thus no wagon !).
The second colony will have its wagon from its foundation.
Then it will be according to certain criteria.

All terrain has it's own resources(like food, wood, and so on).My question is, is it possible to sum all resources available around the city(like the one shown in the city management screen),Example, 2 food+2timber=4 resources?If it's possible, than you can made the possibility of wagon appeared on the new city as:sum of resources in new city/sum of resources of your biggest city?Let's say, New city has 4 resources, and your biggest city has 10, so there's 40% percentage of wagon appeared in the new city.The logic is, colonist (the one that ride wagon from the convoy builder) would stay in the new city(become wagon) when the city is promising(has many resources)

In pure logic, we think that the creation of the wagon should depend on its wear or not on the " convoy builder ". The made route damages the equipment. The more the route is long, with road or not, (separating the colony which built the " convoy builder " and the one who is going to be recently established), the less it will be possible to be able to get back the wagon.
Another method: the compartment of foundation of the colony. If it is a compartment plain, forest, hill, etc. the wear will not be the same!

What do you think? Which do you prefer?

Edit : I translate with Google or Reverso. I hope that the translation is rather correct!

Alternatively you could make it so you keep the wagon but is reusable. There are several units that use wagons (standard/convoy builder/military thing). Could you just make it so you can convert a wagon to one of those and use less resources?

So theoretically after building your colony you can use the wagon for trade, or 'fill it up' with resources again to found a new colony, or make it into a military one?

Hi kaibayashi !

In fact, we chose to make more technical the foundation of a colony. Thus, the quantity of necessary equipment is important. We needed a specific wagon to establish a colony (programming!) thus we are obliged to have a particular convoy.

The manufacturing of the " convoy builder " includes a classic convoy of the colonists and an essential building material to establish a new colony. it adorned us difficult to decrease the quantities without losing the interest of this unit. We shall see afterward if we have to change the parameters.

Top Bottom