Warhammer Heart of Chaos - Download and Current Changelog

As a huge warhammer fan, I am expecting a lot of nice features and bug fixes on this mod. However, what I wish for on this new mod is a great amount updates on bug fixes and new features. In the last mod, Bug fixes and New additions and stuff won't release till next year, that's how very slow and irritating it is (that was also the only mod that is very slow to update of all the other mods I played). I want to see this mod grow better then the warhammer battlefield fantasy on the Civ 3.

Since the new pre-alpha is release, I'll be helping out on identifying bugs, but in the long run, I expect future bug fixes as well like.... once every 2 weeks or 2 a week. Not once every year.
As you said, it's in Pre-Alpha stage. Ergo, lots of errors/bugs, missing features, etc. We're working on it, but just keep in mind it might take awhile. Though I doubt it'll be a year before major updates, more like a few months. IIRC, PL said there will be a new patch coming out in the next week or so that'll fix some of the known bugs. And we'll go from there, adding in more civs & features, etc. I think, for the amount of content that is still planned to go in, we've definitely gotten a good start, if I do say so myself.

And I'm sure P_L will whip this particular XML slave into working again soon. Lol. Actually, I'm just waiting on the XP recovery CD before I can do any work. Sh*tty Windows XP! Until that gets fixed, I'm can't really do more than check the internet. Lol.

Edit:

We do need a bug thread immediately, When I load up this mod, I got a barrage of XML errors saying a certain file is not in the right location.
That I agree with. P_L, could you maybe sticky a bug thread? At least, one for public use, since we already have one in the team members section?

The Heart of Chaos mod *is* compatible with BTS 3.19 (and only 3.19).

However, it is still in a very early stage (pre-alpha), and has many bugs: it is not yet intended for general public release. If you can document your crash experiences and post them here, it would be helpful.

when i try to start the game it just suddenly stop working and report that the game have some errors

Please be more specific. Screenshots or specific errors are needed to actually diagnose a problem.

I have downloaded the latest version of your mod from the MegaUpload server. When I try to install the mod it keeps getting a corrupted message.

The problem occurs with the first file, FFPAK051.FPK, and every file afterwards.

"An error occured while trying to copy a file. The source file is corrupted."

I tried installing to the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.03

When I re-downloaded the mod I get the same problem. I have turned off Windows Defender to that folder. I have downloaded and updated the latest versions of Civ 4, Beyond the Sword, Fall and Fall Further without any problems.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Edit: I have Windows 7

Please be more specific. Screenshots or specific errors are needed to actually diagnose a problem.
I sent x210197pure a pm, Ahri. S/he hasn't gotten back to me. ::shrug::

jjd said:

I tried installing to the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.03
jjd said:
Edit: I have Windows 7
Not to be too picky; but (I had Windows 7 for about 6 months from my other school [which has since been returned since I switched schools this semester, meaning I can't fiddle with my Windows 7 and see if I can find a fix for you unfortunately], so I feel as if I'd know this) in Windows 7, there is only one "Program Files" folder, which is simply labelled "Program Files". So, if you manually typed "Program Files (x86)", that could be the issue. Windows 7 doesn't subdivided the "C:\" drive by having two "Program Files" folders, as Windows Vista does. I would doublecheck that if I were you please.

However, that aside, I had a slight issue with this PC, which is a Windows Vista (and I'm a WH Team Member, so we have issues too, :lol: ). See, I'd put Linux on my PC, which screwed up Windows; cuz somehow Linux murdered the MBR source code. So, I had to get it reformatted cuz I lacked the disc/program/equipment to wipe my hard drive clean. When I got it back with just Windows Vista, 1 of the 1st things I did was download WH: HoC 0.03 and Patch B. I kept getting the same error message as you (this one:
Spoiler :
). I couldn't figure it out.
So, I just figured that I'd wait til my PC had finished with all the initial updates, cuz Windows Vista has 2 Service Pack updates it needs to do to be up to date. Once, Service Pack 2 was installed, it seemed to work. So, maybe cuz you have Windows 7 and we're working on & creating most of these files on either Windows XP or on Windows Vista -- maybe that's causing issues with your Windows 7 PC. I know I had some capatibility issues with certain mods (fortunately, not WH: HoC 0.03; but, for example, the DuneWars mod would run, but randomly crash for no reason I could figure out) on the Windows 7 I had for school. I know Windows 7 isn't the best OS for running CivIV BTS or any of its mods. For some damn reason, Microsoft didn't put enough thought into games and how certain games have lots of mods and how all that would affect compatibility with other Windows OS's.
Anyway, Idk, man. You may wanna call up Microsoft and ask them if they know a way to make games like CivIV BTS work better on Windows 7. However, we'll do our best to help you out here. 1st thing I want you to do is the following:
Check Windows Updates!
Just type "Windows Updates" into the search bar in the Programs button (the one that looks like the Windows logo, ya know). Make sure that your PC has all the possible updates.
If not, please download the updates and install them. The Windows Updates program should do most of the work for you; you'll just need to click "next" & "finish" and then restart your PC when it's done. Then try downloading and installing WH: HoC 0.03 again please. Report back here please, so we know if that fixed it. :)
If your PC is fully updated, skip all that stuff above and just report back here. We'll then try and determine the next step to take. Ok? :)

Hope that helps. Thanks for trying to download our mod. Have a nice day!

I am really eager to try the mod, but upon install and start-up I get the following message:

Tag: Equipment_container in Info Class was incorrect
Current XML file is xml\Units/Civ4SpellInfos.xml

The game then stops loading, and upon clicking ESC button the game crashes.

I think I followed the install instructions correctly, and tried deleting the mod directory and reinstalling again and the above error was reproduced.

I am really eager to try the mod, but upon install and start-up I get the following message:

Tag: Equipment_container in Info Class was incorrect
Current XML file is xml\Units/Civ4SpellInfos.xml

The game then stops loading, and upon clicking ESC button the game crashes.

I think I followed the install instructions correctly, and tried deleting the mod directory and reinstalling again and the above error was reproduced.
Do you have Fall Further installed?

No.

I have FFH2, FFH Age of Ice, FFH WildMana, Orbis, RiFE

Do I need Fall Further installed?

rocklikeafool:

Thanks for the info. I have the most up to date version of Windows 7.

I am having problems with a lot of other games (Steam games wont launch properly, I am getting booted from games, Internet Explorer crashes for no reason). I have tried to update my drivers but there are a couple which wont update properly and I don't know what I am doing. My computer hardware is 2-3 years old so it probably can't handle Windows 7.

I will look to either wipe my computer and try to start again with the drivers or maybe downgrade to Windows XP.

I will look to either wipe my computer and try to start again with the drivers or maybe downgrade to Windows XP.
The good news is I can guarantee that Civ works great on XP. :)

No.

I have FFH2, FFH Age of Ice, FFH WildMana, Orbis, RiFE

Do I need Fall Further installed?
As of right now, there is still a call for some resources from Fall Further, so yes.

I sent x210197pure a pm, Ahri. S/he hasn't gotten back to me. ::shrug::

Not to be too picky; but (I had Windows 7 for about 6 months from my other school [which has since been returned since I switched schools this semester, meaning I can't fiddle with my Windows 7 and see if I can find a fix for you unfortunately], so I feel as if I'd know this) in Windows 7, there is only one "Program Files" folder, which is simply labelled "Program Files". So, if you manually typed "Program Files (x86)", that could be the issue. Windows 7 doesn't subdivided the "C:\" drive by having two "Program Files" folders, as Windows Vista does. I would doublecheck that if I were you please.

However, that aside, I had a slight issue with this PC, which is a Windows Vista (and I'm a WH Team Member, so we have issues too, :lol: ). See, I'd put Linux on my PC, which screwed up Windows; cuz somehow Linux murdered the MBR source code. So, I had to get it reformatted cuz I lacked the disc/program/equipment to wipe my hard drive clean. When I got it back with just Windows Vista, 1 of the 1st things I did was download WH: HoC 0.03 and Patch B. I kept getting the same error message as you (this one: ). I couldn't figure it out.
So, I just figured that I'd wait til my PC had finished with all the initial updates, cuz Windows Vista has 2 Service Pack updates it needs to do to be up to date. Once, Service Pack 2 was installed, it seemed to work. So, maybe cuz you have Windows 7 and we're working on & creating most of these files on either Windows XP or on Windows Vista -- maybe that's causing issues with your Windows 7 PC. I know I had some capatibility issues with certain mods (fortunately, not WH: HoC 0.03; but, for example, the DuneWars mod would run, but randomly crash for no reason I could figure out) on the Windows 7 I had for school. I know Windows 7 isn't the best OS for running CivIV BTS or any of its mods. For some damn reason, Microsoft didn't put enough thought into games and how certain games have lots of mods and how all that would affect compatibility with other Windows OS's.
Anyway, Idk, man. You may wanna call up Microsoft and ask them if they know a way to make games like CivIV BTS work better on Windows 7. However, we'll do our best to help you out here. 1st thing I want you to do is the following:
Check Windows Updates!
Just type "Windows Updates" into the search bar in the Programs button (the one that looks like the Windows logo, ya know). Make sure that your PC has all the possible updates.
If not, please download the updates and install them. The Windows Updates program should do most of the work for you; you'll just need to click "next" & "finish" and then restart your PC when it's done. Then try downloading and installing WH: HoC 0.03 again please. Report back here please, so we know if that fixed it. :)
If your PC is fully updated, skip all that stuff above and just report back here. We'll then try and determine the next step to take. Ok? :)

Hope that helps. Thanks for trying to download our mod. Have a nice day!

YOUR STATEMENT IS INCORRECT ROCKLIKEAFOOL!!!
:p my copy of Windows 7 (Home Premium x64 IIRC) it has two program files, one of the is for 32-bit (x86) and the other is for 64-bit :lmao:

YOUR STATEMENT IS INCORRECT ROCKLIKEAFOOL!!!
:p my copy of Windows 7 (Home Premium x64 IIRC) it has two program files, one of the is for 32-bit (x86) and the other is for 64-bit :lmao:
Hmm...clearly there's some difference between how your version of Win7 works and mine did. ::shrug::

Hmm...clearly there's some difference between how your version of Win7 works and mine did. ::shrug::

Obviousl you had a dumb 32-bit version of Windows 7, I got 64-bit because I'm bootcamping it on a Mac (all recent Macs are 64-bit...)

Top Bottom