Google Earth Civilization 2.0.0 coming soon

It struck me as more convenient for the user, instead of deleting the entire folder and downloading a new one the user can simply download a small packet and add the plots into the layer.
At least that's how I saw it, if that's not the case I can work in the opposite fashion in the next time.

Nice :).
Is it intentional that Eritrea is not covered in the layer? Just wondering because you can sure argue for and against it.

And oh, they have a province called "Oromia"? I guess I'll have to read something about the Oromo Warriors now :D.

Nice :).
Is it intentional that Eritrea is not covered in the layer? Just wondering because you can sure argue for and against it.

And oh, they have a province called "Oromia"? I guess I'll have to read something about the Oromo Warriors now :D.

Yea, it is. Can I admit that I'm not sure what Eritrea is? ^^; I think I can. And yea, I tried doing a UU from the Oromo, it's a cool culture to research on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eritrea
The country north of Ethiopia, and long a part of Ethiopia itself, most important:
The Kingdom of Aksum, covering much of modern-day Eritrea and northern Ethiopia, rose somewhere around the first or second centuries.

While the Eritreans might not really like to be included, you can really good argue for an inclusion, due to history.

Google Civilization 2.1.0 - Indian Layer

Google Civilization 2.1.0 - Dutch Layer

Sorry about not showing up last week, my brother came to visit for the week and essentially annexed the computer like a ripened city. :p
To make up for the loss I uploaded two new layers on the database; India and the Netherlands. The main features of each of the layers are the new Natural Wonder plot - Sri Pada - and the fixed Dutch borders. The last iteration inadvertently added Luxembourg into the borders when the state was never a part of the United Kingdom of the Netherlands. That has been officially remedied.

:thumbsup:
You learn always a bit new.
I did not know that Taiwan has been Dutch :eek:.
Or that India reached til Indonesia. I guess that was during some of the historical empires, right?

That's what I hope to achieve. :)
Indeed, originally part of the bottom half at the time while Spain took part of the top. Eventually the Dutch ousted Spain from their occupation and took the whole island.
Yep, but not part of the Mauryan Dynasty; they were territorial claims from the Chola Dynasty at around 1030. The actual size of Chola was roughly half the length of the eastern coast of India and much of its south, and Sri Lanka. Of course these are approximations.

Google Civilization 2.1.0 - Austrian Layer

New week, new layer! Austria is now available.
With Austria is now released the GoogleCiv pack is currently at 12 civs. Awesome! I'm now reaching a very important point, soon I'm going to start releasing maps that do not conform to the modern maps, seeing as most of the modern civs have now been released. The next layer will be Sweden, I'm telling you this now so I can finely tune the original layers released pre-expansion to edit the old plots with Gods and Kings information. The week after Sweden releases I'll re-release the complete updates of the first five layers - America, China, England, France and Japan - in 2.1.0 format. There is also a known issue with the Taj Mahal plot in the India map; the in-game information is from Civilization V and not the Gods and Kings expansion. That will also be rectified the week after next. Big times ahead!

A quick mini-update - so as to not confuse both you and myself the physical update and full update files will come in different and updated logos. The logo for the physical update to 2.1.0 used to use a Promotion-style chevrons icon, this icon has been modified and will be in use for FULL updates, for the first time in a week and a bit. Physical updates will now have this icon;

a stylized World Wonder plot icon. The physical update to 2.1.0 icon as well as the separate physical update icons have changed for this reason.

Just a small reminder that Sweden will release in a couple of days. :D

Top Bottom