Civ5:G&K-Late game selection lag + DC's + War

Veczar

Chieftain
Hello all,

I am playing an MP LAN game of Civ V Gods and Kings with no other mods installed. My friend and I both own the game and expansion via steam.

The game has been fine up until now. Game length is set to EPIC. Both of us are a team and we and the 2 remaining AI's are mid way through the Atomic age (we just started building atomic bombs). Difficualty is King I think.

It is late game and probably one more war. The game is fine until we declare war on the largest AI. When we do we both get DC'ed.

We have both turned on quick turns and turned down the graphics with no change in the issue. The issue seems to be with my PC because when I load up in single player and declare war after that point it takes me about 10 seconds to select a unit (only units on the AI's continent, where he has heaps and I have heaps of units). Selecting ships or units on my continent is normal speed. Selecting units is normal speed (instant) before declaring war.

I have high spec PC. My PC specs are, 8GB DDR, SSD, i5-2500k@4GHz, HD9600. My mates PC specs are similar but with less OC and bit older graphics card. Both on desktops with gigabit ethernet.

I have also tried the ini file gamecores = 0 or whatever the line is to disable multicores with no change. Also tried only strat view and same issue. I have loaded older game (10 turns back) and it is the same issue so I dont think game corruption at all. I have tried declaring war 3 more turns into the future no change.

So in summary the unit selection lag is making my friend DC from me (my deduction) because the 10 seconds it takes my PC to respond I am assumed DC'ed. We can declare war and it is fine as long as I dont select a unit on the AI continent. Early game mid scale wars were fine. When I load single player I can play but just with the 10 sec unit selection lag on AI continent.

We would love to finish this game as we have been going for months :(

Thanks for any help offered :) Appreciate your time fellow civ lovers (been playing since Civ2).

Moderator Action: Moved to G&K.

If we go to different connections we can internet play without DCing (much)! However this is not ideal because useing up my phones data quota (hotspot). Also each turn takes about 30 mins due to the 15 second unit selection lag.

Top Bottom