Did AIs in the past ignore requests to stop spreading their religion in your land?

kajillion

Chieftain
The AI is fanatically religious now so I don't know if this is a new thing or not.

EDIT: Never mind, the Great Prophet was from Ife(a religious city state), not Carthage like I assumed. Can Religious City States make GPs now or did Dido just gift one to them just to weasel out of her agreement?

I believe it's a new thing. Indonesia promised me not to spread their religion and their great prophet just continued...

It's always been like that. No matter what the AI has promised, they never kept it. In G&K they turned your capital and even with promise to stop spreading their religion the moment your capital converted back they came back with the GP.

Sometimes they keep it, sometimes they don't. Depends how strong their flavour for religion spreading is.

I do not think they do. It has always been a sore point. They demand you stop, and if you do not they hate you forever. You tell them to stop, they say sure brah. And continue right on spreading.

I do not think they do. It has always been a sore point. They demand you stop, and if you do not they hate you forever. You tell them to stop, they say sure brah. And continue right on spreading.

Playing as Venice the Ottomans twice converted Venice to Islam, after I had asked them to stop. Needless to say the Ottomans are no more.

I also saw Singapore running around with a missionary in this game, I have no idea how that happened. Unless they captured it from a Civ they were at war with?

City states can capture great prophets and missionaries yes, but they can't use them themselves

If they are your friend and you ask them to stop they will say they will stop. They will not always honor this, and if they don't, you can denounce them and then beat their face in, because God told you it was OK.:goodjob:

City states can capture great prophets and missionaries yes, but they can't use them themselves

AFAIK Great Prophets can be captured & used to spread religion, but they'll only spread that civilization's religion from which you stole it.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Bottom