Which types of victory?

Which victories do you like to play for?

• Conquest

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Cultural

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Diplomatic

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Domination

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Histographic

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Space Race

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters

sysyphus

So they tell me
So who plays for what type of victory(ies) or do you play for them all?

I've done them all at least once, though not necessarily at higher levels.

I usually go for Domination, mainly because it's the only one I seem to be any good at, at least at Monarchy level.

I'm practising getting good at Space victory as well, should get there soon. I'd like to go for Culutral Victories as well.

I find Conquest and Historgraph to be tedious, and I have no interest in Diplomatic.

Your thoughts?

Don't really have a favorite. Usually at the point where I get a tech lead that I know I won't lose, I try to figure out what's going to be the quickest victory to achieve and go for that.

I usually go for the Space Race simply because I always manage a massive tech lead by the modern age. However, I tried going for a conquest victory twice and one time a domination, but before I could make it to my desired goal, I would end up with a lowsy cultural victory! :( I've got to watch my cultural advisor from now on!

Till not so long ago all of my victories were diplomatics . Recently I had good opportunity for conquest and went for it . I liked it .
BTW didn't know it's possible to vote two choices , right now I voted diplo and conquest .

Generally I go for a Histographic at first, but that's subject to change. My last game was won with a Space Race, but not out of necessity, but instead because I had spent a day playing and just wanted it to be over with. Could probably have gotten a Domination out of it in just a few turns, as my repeated Diplomatic attempts to bring the Iroquois to my side had them labelled as a Rogue State after their trading Rubber to the French during the war...

I've never actually finished a game of civ3 cause I stop when I have an overwhelming advantage or all my cities are reduced to 1 or 2 populations due to repeated nuking by enemies and there's no chance of rebuilding them. But in my mod the only victory choice is conquest. I think diplomatic and space race are cheap and anti-climatic.

It depends on what level I'm playing at. On Emperor and below, whatever I feel like. On Deity, if I'm in a position to win, it pretty much has to be diplomatic.

I voted for the only three I've been able to get. Dip Cultural and Histograph. But I've just found out how to make the game longer and they're all gonna die

All except Conquest and Histographic. I always want the land I gain with, so that leaves out Conquest: I already get Domination then. And Histographic actually isn't a victory; it's a draw, in my opinion.

But for the rest it simply depends on the map.

I like going for the conquest. It's very cool to stop taking cities just under the Domination limit and then be able to tell yourself "It's okay to raze, it's okay to raze."

Domination does my head in :mad:

I never get passed the Middle Ages with it on, and I always leave it on accidentally. I either win unfairly because of it, or lose unfairly.

I just have to remember to turn it off :hmm:

Diplomatic/Space Race.... Don't like messing with tons of military units so I normally lose my patience with domination/conquest and I get to bored for histograph.

Top Bottom