The All Leaders Challenge Game Bullpen

Also, I would recommend moving Portugal or the Netherlands higher on the list, since it would be neat to see how colonies work as soon as you get BtS. What better way to do so than with seafaring civs?

Well, I'd strike the Dutch of that list; the point of the ALC was to play unpopular leaders and I'm thinking William of Orange might be one of the most popular leaders (Cathy's old traits are delicious, after all).

Also, for colonies to be much use at all you need to play with several continents, and in a game where controlling yours and most of another won't give you the game. Terra might be good for this, or a large continents (one of the new variants like big and small maybe) game.

Siege units can't kill other units anymore, are vulnerable to a flank attack by mounted units, and (from my experience at least) can gain at most 1 XP from a successful attack/withdrawal.

Siege units can't kill other units anymore,

Historically, didn't siege weapons cause the most deaths and destruction in cities? They'd pummel the forces down leaving nothing left. And then you had the deseased and dead animals they'd launch too, just to ensure living things that didn't get hit still ran into the plague.

Ah, thats annoying. Although I did have a lot of Catapult kills archer situations in Warlords.

It is actually kind of nice. You have to plan to bring some support units along to help take the city. And it is not really that big a deal. They still do enough damage to swing the battle into the player with the sieges favor.

WOOT! Guess what I just bought and installed?

:woohoo:
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Pacman/space invaders/kong????? Come on please, cut the suspense and tell us!!!! ;) ;) ;)

It's Beyond the Sword, you numbskulls. Now get back on topic. :p ;) :D

Oh, I did a slight change to the order of the future games in the 2nd post--moved the Dutch up to their proper position.

Nice. In a few months we'll finally see a Saladin ALC. I'm looking forward to it because for the life of me I don't know what to do with that guy's weird trait combination or his underpowered UU. However, his UB is sort of a no-brainer.

Beyond th Sword? That's not fair, how are we supposed to guess THAT? :rolleyes: Anyway, hurry up with the next game! It's been too long... Can't wait... much longer! :sad:

Nice. In a few months we'll finally see a Saladin ALC. I'm looking forward to it because for the life of me I don't know what to do with that guy's weird trait combination or his underpowered UU. However, his UB is sort of a no-brainer.
Have they changed it so the Camel Archer now receives a free Flanking promotion? I ask because Flanking got a boost in BtS--it's now a heckuva anti-siege weapon promotion. Units with Flanking stand a chance of damaging several or all of the siege weapons in a stack.

It's Beyond the Sword, you numbskulls. Now get back on topic. :p ;) :D

Oh, I did a slight change to the order of the future games in the 2nd post--moved the Dutch up to their proper position.

Great! I would love to see you abuse the power of the Dikes. :lol:

By the way could you fix Willem van Oranje's name, he is no Wilheim! :goodjob:

Top Bottom