Forced into War

JackRules

incompertus vapulus
While playing as Netherlands in C3C (still using the beta, not the latest patch), I left mouse clicked on an idle transport sitting in my own harbor and was contacted by my Military Advisor, asking if I was sure I wanted to do this, as it would be an act of war against Byzantium. No big deal, except the only way to get out of the screen was to actually answer "yes, let's destroy the scum", since when I clicked on "no, you're right" nothing would happen and the screen would remain. So I got into a war I didn't want. :( Definitely a bug.

Also, I did not have the option of building any musketmen during the game, despite having plenty of saltpeter hooked up. Are musketmen not available to the Dutch? It was dicey until Nationalism. Comments are appreciated. Thanks.

JackRules said:
While playing as Netherlands in C3C (still using the beta, not the latest patch), I left mouse clicked on an idle transport sitting in my own harbor and was contacted by my Military Advisor, asking if I was sure I wanted to do this, as it would be an act of war against Byzantium. No big deal, except the only way to get out of the screen was to actually answer "yes, let's destroy the scum", since when I clicked on "no, you're right" nothing would happen and the screen would remain. So I got into a war I didn't want. :( Definitely a bug.

Also, I did not have the option of building any musketmen during the game, despite having plenty of saltpeter hooked up. Are musketmen not available to the Dutch? It was dicey until Nationalism. Comments are appreciated. Thanks.
Swiss Mercs take the place of Musketmen in C3C. If you don't have Iron, (required for the SM) and you have Saltpeter, you can build musketmen.

Thanks for the info, Turner. I guess Swiss Mercs are stronger than I thought if they can replace muskets. No one took a real run at me before I got to Rifles anyway.

I'm sorry to say Swiss Mercenary has 1/4/1 but Musket guy has 2/4/1 plus defensive bombardment.The upgrading line (Spear - Musket - Swiss -Rifle) is definitily wrong. You can count on me.

Swiss Merc needs feudalism and iron(as pikeman) . Musket needs Gunpowder and Saltpeter. And Swiss Mercs are cheaper. Then a question arise: if you lost iron and build Musket, then you regain iron and produce Swiss Mercs, what's the price of "upgrade" Musket to Swiss Mercs?! You gain money?!

Top Bottom