[Religion and Revolution]: Sorry, but I leave ...

... still there are dozens of tweaks that might be done...

No question about that. :)

It's a big difference between "just modding" and "Project management/moderation"...
:mischief:

The "Project Management" (Coordination / Planning) alone would not have been the problem.
But there was also the "Quality Control", the "Thorough Testing", the "Bugfixing", the "Constant Improvements", the "Translations", the "Helping other Team Members", the ...

I simply was not a "real modder" anymore.

But why do I have the unpleasant feeling, that with another new gigantic project - this time SciFi - you'll end up in the same vicious circle again...?

Maybe I have learned from my mistakes. :dunno:

Do you really think it's possible to gather a bigger team (and so having an improved division of all the work) for a Sci-Fi-Conversion rather than for RaR ?

I have absolutely no idea. :)
I might completely fail but at the moment, I am having a lot of fun again.

But having experienced your "life circle" (to the point: "mod circle") with TAC and RaR, I'm just afraid you're going to be caught in the same trap again.

I learned from my mistakes in TAC and I learned from my mistakes in RaR.
This time I will make new mistakes. :lol:

HAPPY MODDING! :rockon:

Fun is the only thing that really counts in modding. :thumbsup:

-------------

By the way:

Could we please stop this discussion about my person ? :)
(This does not lead to anything.)

The Religion and Revolution project is not "dead".

1. There is still a team that said that it wants to continue.
2. There are already some other modders around that have started modding RaR themselves.
3. Even though I started a new project, I already told, that I will try to cooperate with the remaining team.

So let us simply see what the future brings. :thumbsup:

being a team manager and such is -I'd dare say- a vital part of being a "real modder", especially for ambitious and big projects. It's one of the things that lifts the garden variety mod to the next level, and beyond.

But still: if there's a risk of burn-out it's better to take a step back rather than losing all desire to mod.

I just wanted to state my worship and understanding again, Ray. And it's nice to know, that RaR is not dead (but only sleeping, I guess?) :D

By the way:

Could we please stop this discussion about my person ? :)
(This does not lead to anything.)
Ya, sure. And it might be wise to close this thread then, since it is just exactly about that subject... :crazyeye: :mischief:

Top Bottom