Final Fixes Reborn

Yup. That must have gotten reverted when I verified the files or reinstalled it or something. I can't believe I haven't had any issues with the other mods I play. I knew it had to be something stupid like that, but that never crossed my mind.

Thanks.

I am experiencing a strange and unexplainable CTD you might like to look at. Here are some details:

Version: Last regular non-SVN
Civilization: Sheaim
How to reproduce: Simply do anything at all. The game will crash as one of the units ends its turn.

Attachments

• Purpelia Turn_0454.CivBeyondSwordSave
    936.6 KB · Views: 44
I have the problem that 1 of my friends dont find my game. He has the right versionand he deactivatet the Firewall. It isnt my fault because everyone else can join. Is there something i can try?

You know, I was wondering if there was a way to more directly gain exp for mages than giving them more spells(passive only) and running them into weak barbarians. Maybe there's a way to link certain spells that do damage(probably not fireball, but maybe?) like maelstrom or so. Like a check to see if damage to an enemy unit occurs and award some small exp reward.

I think summoning spells actually do that - the mage gets xp when their summoned minions fight. Not in a position to confirm that, but it's how it worked at one point at least. In which case, it would give xp from fireballs.

But I might be misremembering things.

I think what happens is that summons give a portion of their xp to their summoner when they die/disappear. Since fireballs can never actually survive combat, they don't ever get xp, so the summoner doesn't get xp from them.

- Finishing the ritual of Dowsing (reveals all resources for your team for +5 turns) causes a MemAlloc crash regardless of map size it's used on.
- Same applies to Rites of Oghma if it spawns too many mana nodes at once.
- I was able to trigger all Agares-related events (up to Stephanos) by restarting the AC counter to 0 through Hallowing of Elohim and then letting it go back up to the required value. The message, the plague and Stephanos happened again. On top of that, previous Stephanos glitched himself out of existence by remaining forever immobile on a random mountain.
- Current module for Frozen returns XML errors left and right.

I discovered another issue today: the "Dark Forests" game option works on Quick speed, but Normal speed.

I always play on Normal speed, and Dark Forests is one of the Custom Game options I choose. Today I accidentally started a game on Quick speed, with Dark Forests as one of my Custom Game options, and noticed the Blighted Forests that the option is supposed to generate. (I guess it had been so long since I'd seen them that I'd forgotten what the option is supposed to do.)

Later, when I started another game on Normal speed, again with the Dark Forests option, no Blighted Forests.

So for whatever reason, Dark Forests works on Quick speed, but not Normal. I don't know if any of my other Custom Game Options are affecting this, but if you need to know them, please let me know.

I checked the code for dark forests. It's no bug, but a misinterpretation of the option.
With the option, you will get blighted forest OR diakonos OR both
I'll update the help text to make it easier to understand.
Details:
0 <= rand <= 44 makes blighted forest + malignant flora + forest creeper appear
55 <= rand <= 99 makes diakonos appear
45 <= rand <= 54 makes both appear

Thanks for the report anyway. Always good to see that people play and report problems :)

Just saw this thread and it brought back that familiar itch. So of course I downloaded it and have spent the last 3 days staying up WAY too late playing. Is Hyborem disabled in multiplayer(hotseat/email) in this patch? We had a Sheaim research Infernal Pact and its been 4 turns later without the option to swap civs popping up and no one has seen a notification that he's spawned nor any sign of him.

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh there isss a modern modmodmod for FFH2! And it only took a bit of searching.

Now to hope my internet doesn't disconnect a 700mb file halfway through downloading...

Just saw this thread and it brought back that familiar itch. So of course I downloaded it and have spent the last 3 days staying up WAY too late playing. Is Hyborem disabled in multiplayer(hotseat/email) in this patch? We had a Sheaim research Infernal Pact and its been 4 turns later without the option to swap civs popping up and no one has seen a notification that he's spawned nor any sign of him.

I've just read the code creating the Infernals.
Hyborem appears immediately when the tech "Infernal pact" is complete provided:
1) the option "No Hyborem or Basium" is inactive
and
2) a suitable* area is found on the map to place Hyborem and his units.

* I don't see how a map could have no suitable area at all. Any standard tile without units or city is considered suitable.

That leaves option 1.
Did the host play another mod with personalized options before this game?

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh there isss a modern modmodmod for FFH2! And it only took a bit of searching.

Now to hope my internet doesn't disconnect a 700mb file halfway through downloading...

Welcome here :)
We did what we could to improve RifE. Don't know if that's enough to qualify as "modern"
Anyway, keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed :p
Have fun playing.

I've just read the code creating the Infernals.
Hyborem appears immediately when the tech "Infernal pact" is complete provided:
1) the option "No Hyborem or Basium" is inactive
and
2) a suitable* area is found on the map to place Hyborem and his units.

* I don't see how a map could have no suitable area at all. Any standard tile without units or city is considered suitable.

That leaves option 1.
Did the host play another mod with personalized options before this game?

It may be the suitable issue. We're on a map with very nearly every area settled. There's a little wild terrain left from where where the archos and the clan were wiped out that hasn't been resettled but its not much and the way the map generates almost all desert may flag it as unsuitable?

I had a fresh install of civ4 immediately before the mod so that shouldn't be the cause. I have a backup save from a turn before research was completed if it would help for me to post it somewhere.

Edit:
Is there a way to change hotseat games into singleplayer so I can activate worldbuilder and give the map a thorough looking over?

Edit 2:
Tested it with a new multiplayer game with Quick and Advanced start added, otherwise same settings as save with the problem. Hyborem spawned correctly in this one.

I checked the code for dark forests. It's no bug, but a misinterpretation of the option.
With the option, you will get blighted forest OR diakonos OR both
I'll update the help text to make it easier to understand.
Details:
0 <= rand <= 44 makes blighted forest + malignant flora + forest creeper appear
55 <= rand <= 99 makes diakonos appear
45 <= rand <= 54 makes both appear

Thanks for the report anyway. Always good to see that people play and report problems :)

That's strange, because I don't think I've seen either Blighted Forest or Diakonos in any of my games -- again, until I mistakenly started a game on Quick speed rather than Normal speed. Maybe they've just been in far away areas of the map and completely cleared by the time I get there?

I don't know if this has been talked about earlier because I am too lazy to read it all, but is there a reason as to why there is no Frozen in my game? The option to restrict liberation and that stuff is there, but the civilization and its leader does not exist anywhere else, even in the civilopedia.

I don't know if this has been talked about earlier because I am too lazy to read it all, but is there a reason as to why there is no Frozen in my game? The option to restrict liberation and that stuff is there, but the civilization and its leader does not exist anywhere else, even in the civilopedia.

The frozen aren't in this version yet.

Top Bottom