End of Empires - N3S III

Nope!

If that is the requirement the authorities wish to persue, a theological debate can be put forth, if you wish to send missionaries to the lands of Krato, I am not the one to speak to...
Missionaries? Why would we need missionaries?

OOC: It is noted that the Cult of Haiaou is not an organized or prosetylizing faith, and just a general set of beliefs held by the Faronun.

OOC: It probably wouldn't be happy with outside forces trying to increase their importance with Faron, especially when they're missionaries from a slaveholding nation. We're currently on friendly terms with Krato thanks to our combined effort against the former Hu'ut Empire, although if missionaries are poorly received that could change for the worse. On another note, there's the fact that Faron has a longstanding and heavily ingrained set of beliefs already, whose compatibility with Iralliam is questionable.

"Man has been blind for thousands of years, I will make the blind see, the deaf listen and the path be walked,"
-Autarch Exartes of the Temple Guard

Chaos unimaginable, suffering previously unthought, Istrias Niamdes amoung us, Exartes had seen it, and led his men in efforts to help the people, the path walkers, but the deamons had come and gone. Killing, plundering, turning the earth red with the blood of man.

Change was always something that took time, revelations of personal truths contrary to those of the truths of others took longer still.

Yet purpose arrives on the back of these personal truths and purpose is a terrible thing to behold...

***​

"I would gladly give up my humanity, my path, to save but a score more people,"
-Patriarch Xephathor of Opios

Patriarch Xephathor had made a move. The Patriarch of Triad occupied with his attempts to convert the people accross the Kotthorns, the Patriarch of Krato, weakened, devestated by his inability to help relieve the destruction visited upon his people, and the new Patriarch that of Gaci, of the Moti and Bisrian peoples a faithfull pilgram from Bisria and firmly loyal to his cause, further diluting the power of the others.

He would de jure[1] be the Prime of the Patriarchs, the ability to easily resolve doctrinal disputes, formal recognition gained. Such autocracy was easily gained in times of crisis, wether real or merely perceived, and it is often brought on by the willing people, seeking a strong confident leader to rally around.

***​

"Beware you who trample in the garden of Heaven, for you are trampling on the love of a vengefull god, and he awaits you round the last corner,"
-Patriarch Xephathor of Opios

"Correspondence from the Patriarch Iasthai in Gaci has brough word of great works of stone, carved as water, and further storys of the Majesty of the Sapphire City, and I tell you that any man can build a Palace, and point to what he has done, but the true acheivement is one that lasts centuries. Look at the Prophets acheivements, the savings of many peoples souls, enlightening us to the path. Thus I say; 'Stone falls and crumbles, the spirit endures'

Let us have courage, for we walk the Enlightened path, and need not fear that which will not endure,"

The sermon ended, the rites conducted, the people gone, Xephathor left for his chancery, to speak to his servants and arrange the first doctirnal council, the most respected minds [2] would be invited, for whilst Iralliam had expanded in the past dew decades, it had also absorbed an overabundence of rites and feasts related to theory sycration [3] and this was to be deceided upon at the Council of Opios

[1] been de facto for a while, recent events pushed it into defacto
[2] as well as infulential
[3] see previous story about conversion efforts and the theory behind it

OOC: It probably wouldn't be happy with outside forces trying to increase their importance with Faron, especially when they're missionaries from a slaveholding nation. We're currently on friendly terms with Krato thanks to our combined effort against the former Hu'ut Empire, although if missionaries are poorly received that could change for the worse. On another note, there's the fact that Faron has a longstanding and heavily ingrained set of beliefs already, whose compatibility with Iralliam is questionable.

I made a statement on slavery a while back actually, but I think a religion that places emphasis on a path and how you walk it can be interpeted favouribly, don't you? (viz: freedom to walk it they way the person wants to)

Well, I certainly approve of the 'walk your own path thing'- the Faronun have never held a belief in fate.

To: High Prince of Satar Exatai, Xetares

The previous Redeemer showed use mercy when we were on our knees, bloody and defeated. Will you show us mercy too, Third Redeemer? We mourn the loss of the Second Redeemer, and we wish to confrim that his successor wishes to keep the promises he made.

I would very much appreciate it if NK were to give a tentative deadline (at least in the terms of "no earlier than"). Sorry if I missed it.

To: High Prince Xetares

I am descended from the first-born son of Eso Kotuu, whereas your lineage was unheard of even a mere hundred years ago; for all the valour of your grandfather it simply will not do for me to submit to you, and yet I am the Chief of most of the families of which you speak. On the eastern lands, though, I might advise you to speak with the chiefs of the godlike families, whose children live there; yet to be honest they are proud and not at all likely to submit to someone as new as yourself. As for the children, know that they submit to none but their fathers; and if you somehow persuade them to go against their own laws, then what good would such children be to you?

Know also that we are not a people of the mountains, but a people of the plains, the forests and the foothills, and that the entire world is our and mine birthright; have we not allowed you to claim enough of it as it is? Receive from me many gifts, the most important among them this hint; your empire is large: is it not difficult enough to govern as it is? Your enemies, though they may disguise themselves as friends, are numerous; is it truly wise to threaten the children of the Father of Elephants at such a time?

An Official Currency

The idea of currency first arrived in Gallat from the south centuries ago. Merchant ships arriving in Sirasona and, later, in Aldina, would attempt to trade for Gallatene goods with great lumps of precious metal, a practice initially viewed with some skepticism and occasional hostility by the locals.

The salt merchants of Sirasona quickly overcame this reaction, however. Salt, a commodity sold in very large quantities, had always presented problems for the barter economy. A ship which arrived with grains or jewels or metals could hardly be expected to take back an equivalent value in salt. That would fill every corner of the vessel to bursting.

At first, the merchants had issued certificates which stated the rights to a certain amount of salt. These went lost easily, to the benefit of the salt merchants but the detriment of those with whom they traded, and fluctuating salt prices based on the political situation in the southern producing region of Neruss made the certificates of dubious value.

Under pressure from the foreign traders, some salt merchants began to accept foreign currency and to use it in their transactions. Others, perhaps seeing an opening for themselves in the currency market, began minting their own coins in imitation of the Tui of Trilui and others. The imitation products were often passed over with a scoff by merchants of Trilui, but others were more easily fooled.

Eventually, the imitation coins changed sufficiently to be distinct from the Tui. The major evolution in this transformation was the application of a specific value to each coin. Salt prices had always been a driving factor in the market at Sirasona, sometimes causing massive losses for foreign merchants and sometimes equal losses for domestic merchants.

As proposed by a coalition of local salt traders, the new informal currency was tied to the value of salt, and the value of salt to it. One anhua of salt, approximately the size of a fist, was worth one of the tiniest new coins, which subsequently themselves became known as anhua.

Following its standardization, the anhua spread rapidly across the northern Kern Sea. It had been in widespread usage in Gallasa for over a century at the time of the Purge, but locally minted coins often controlled by powerful religious figures competed with it. Following the Purge, the new High Ward Asuan adopted the anhua as the official national currency, shutting down the corrupt mints which produced other coinage.

Technically still under the purview of Sirasene merchants, the anhua is now also under the control of the central church and government in Gallasa. With its spread across the northern Kern Sea, it has facilitated trade both internally and externally. The use of currency is now standard throughout the region, although the anhua still competes with local currencies and with southern currencies such as the Tui, particularly in non-Gallatene markets.

From: Third Redeemer Xetares, High Prince of the Satar Exatai
To: The Council of Krato

You have acknowledged the might of the Satar. Atraxes spoke well, and I will not go against his will. Your people are safe from my armies.

To: Chief-of-Chiefs Third-Gaci

You fool of fools! One hundred years is but a star in the sky to the majestic lineage of the Seven Princes, descended from the seven sons of Great King Taleldil, Mighty God of Wind and Thunder!

I have tried patience. I have tried offering great gifts. But no longer.

Know this, Gaci. I understand the laws that bind you, but the Satar acknowledge one law above all. Exatas is the 'right of the conqueror'. Our empire is great because all our laws stand upon force. We do not disguise that in the end, there will be BLOOD if we are not appeased!

You have made your choice, Gaci. Your land will burn.

To: Prince Aphas-ta-shaim of the Sword, Prince Xetephas of the Shield, Prince Tashik of the Scroll, Prince Hashaskor of the Star, Prince Malanos-ke of the Arrow, Prince Nephakor of the Wheel, Prince Isal-averas-ha of the Spear

The Satar return to war.

I would very much appreciate it if NK were to give a tentative deadline (at least in the terms of "no earlier than"). Sorry if I missed it.

Saturday night, possibly early Sunday morning.

To: Prince Aphas-ta-shaim of the Sword, Prince Xetephas of the Shield, Prince Tashik of the Scroll, Prince Hashaskor of the Star, Prince Malanos-ke of the Arrow, Prince Nephakor of the Wheel, Prince Isal-averas-ha of the Spear

The Satar return to war.

Exatas!

To: Xetares the Common-Born Foreigner

For too long have I and mine allowed you to reign the northern lands, which are my birthright; your claim to those lands is now revoked, for while your father and your grand-father possessed piety, you clearly do not and so must be punished for your theft.

---

Anyway...

It doesn't look as though I will be able to finish the epic, sadly; some of the reasons have already been given elsewhere. The Bisrian war seems to have been a relatively quick and easy victory, anyway, and though it is ofcourse possible to cobble together a good story from that - and many Moti story-tellers have done just that - I just don't see the need to do so, especially inasmuch as this story has already served its purpose.

Still, some kind of a conclusion is needed.

It is known that after Kirost slew Wel'teq and split his mind-soul in half, making the good parts go to the Good God and the evil parts go to the Evil God, the Dueling Gods were so distracted by this they stopped their battle and went to investigate, and then held council, and made their decision, which later became apparent; as for Kirost, head of the Horse Family bandits in the Outer Mountains, he now truly became the supreme leader of all the former Moti bandit groups that invaded Bisria, and not much later he came back to the Moti side of the Outer Mountains, where Gaci-city was then being built. His warriors manage to capture Chief-of-Chiefs Second-Gaci in the fifth year of his reign, and brought him before Kirost; Kirost and Second-Gaci talked and feasted, and came to an agreement, and so Kirost became the supreme war-leader of all the adapted families in the Outer Mountains and soon renewed his forays into Bisria with renewed force, now more for reconnaissance than for plunder, whereas Second-Gaci departed.

On the sixth year of the reign of Second-Gaci, the Chief-of-Chiefs explained his and Kirost's plan to the rest of the Elephant Family, and it was accepted with some misgivings. On the seventh year of the reign of Second-Gaci, the Chief-of-Chiefs announced to the Godlike Chiefs that he wished to conquer a vast and wealthy land beyond the mountains, and suggested that all those who yearned for peace and comfort be exempt from having to attend the Council-of-Chiefs in the next seven years, whereas all those who yearned for wealth and glory should attend it in Gaci-city, though it was far from their lands; and this was accepted not without some suspicion, but nevertheless with rejoicing, for the Godlike Chiefs all yearned for wealth and glory. On the eighth year of the reign of Second-Gaci, the Godlike Chiefs all came to Gaci, and there the Chief-of-Chiefs explained that they now sat at the middle of the world, and that the world was full of evil because it was out of balance - the lands on one side of the central mountains were under the reign of the direct lineage of Eso Kotuu, but the lands on the other side were under the reign of some foreigner. And he told them many other things as well, about Bisria and its cities, and about ancestors and valour, and also about the death of Eso Kotuu and the end of the Great Family, and the survival of the many Good Chiefs thanks to the sacrifice of one, whose name was until now forgotten, and of how the children of that forgotten chief now returned to lead the way into Bisria; and in this manner Second-Gaci fulfilled his promise to Kirost and introduced the Horse Family-Chief to his brothers, and Cow Family-Chief Fourth-Frono immediately realised that Kirost was once Kirti, yet nonetheless held his tongue, deciding to remain loyal until the end of the war, and so the chiefs reconciled and celebrated for many days, as had their finest warriors whom they had brought with them, and they all left full of zeal and bloodthirst, and of good will and acceptance of Second-Gaci's plan; the chiefs of the Twenty Families went westwards, whereas the chief of the Twenty-Second Family went east and gathered his forces, until then dispersed.

On the ninth year of the reign of Second-Gaci, the chiefs arrived with all the forces they saw fit to muster to Gaci, and when all the warriors were counted there were seven thousand men. This time it was not a Council-of-Chiefs, but a War-Council, and instead of ancient laws the chiefs looked at maps, and instead of prophets they listened to scouts. The chiefs gave each other blood-oaths to fight on together without rest or treason to the end of the war, and their warriors did likewise to each other. Worship-Chief Sixth-Yotun sacrificed seven sheep, War-Chief Fourth-Frono sacrificed three bulls and Chief-of-Chiefs Second-Gaci sacrificed a crimson elephant, and Horse Family-Chief Kirost, who arrived with a delay, sacrificed two Bisrian commanders he had just captured in the Battle of the White Mountains, having adapted their orphaned soldiers into his family; and this was clearly a good omen for the beginning of the Bisrian War.

By tradition, Fourth-Frono commanded the army and he was the one who gathered and inspected the warriors after the sacrifices, yet afterwards in a sign of piety he granted supreme command to Second-Gaci; nonetheless Second-Gaci was not well-learned in the ways of leading men to battle, to say nothing of leading them to war, and being wise enough to realise it, he led the army as per the advice of the three great Warrior-Chiefs and Moti-Heroes, that is to say Horse Family-Chief Kirost, Cow Family-Chief Fourth-Frono and Lion Family-Chief Trenessa. This main army consisted of three thousand and five hundred men of the four families of its commanders and all the families within those families; other families fought distinctly, as had many of the former bands in the Horse Family, not yet used to their new rank. Still, whenever the Chief-of-Chiefs and the Warrior-Chiefs called a war-council, all the other chiefs came or sent their representatives, and it never happened that they explicitly disobeyed orders, though some say it was simply because they were ordered to do what they did anyway and to continue their raiding and pillaging. Thus some warriors of that time fought in smaller bands, where the glory and valour was all the greater for their small number, whereas other warriors fought in the main army, where the glory and valour was all the greater for their great battles; and there is scarcely a family within any family in the Moti Great Family that had not its own heroes in that war, and if all the stories of feats of valour from that war were to be gathered together it would take seven thousand seven hundred and seventy seven scrolls.

The Bisrians resisted bravely and too had had many heroes and stories, and by the end of the war turned out to be no less brothers of the Moti and children of the Chief-of-Chiefs than the men of the Horse Family; only, their king was greedy and foolish, and listened to evil and unwise advisers, and so he fought in the east while the best of his men died in the west or, having been captured, were adapted by the families within the Moti Great Family and continued fighting, but in their name. Finally, the Bisrian king had gathered a large army and went to Het, and there he met the Three Warrior-Chiefs and the Chief-of-Chiefs, and their armies fought from dawn to dusk, and again on the next day, and the Chief-of-Chiefs, in a moment of despair, had charged deep into Bisrian lines with his personal retainers and broke half the enemy army, but was surrounded by the other half and was only saved when the Moti-heroes rushed after him and turned the Bisrians to flight; and after that the evil that had poisoned Bisria in this viceful king's reign had clearly magnified the evil in the minds of the Lion Family-Chief Trenessa, the brutal leader of the cruelest of families, for after the battle he spoke with Fourth-Frono and with Kirost, and told them that the Chief-of-Chiefs would have been captured and the Great Family would have been humiliatingly defeated if not for them, and that the Chief-of-Chiefs is a poor man and a bad warrior whereas they were the greatest warriors and chiefs on both sides of the Kotthorns, and that they should overthrow the Chief-of-Chiefs and redivide the lands and the peoples in the manner of foreigners into three Chiefdoms, so that Trenessa would be the West-Chief, Fourth-Frono would be the Middle-Chief and Kirost would be the East-Chief; yet Fourth-Frono immediately refused and left, so Trenessa realised that it would be better still if there were two Chiefdoms rather than three, and, having been well informed by his spies, reminded Kirost that the Cow Family has always been his enemy. And Kirost, shaken by the battle and his words, agreed to ponder this.

Yet on the other day, during the victory-feast after the Battle of Het, when Trenessa and his men, along with his allies within other families, had tried to kill and overthrow the Chief-of-Chiefs, Kirost raised the alarm and cut down Trenessa in a duel, and the warriors of the Lion Family who were there agreed that this was honourable and backed off, whereas the Chief-of-Chiefs pardoned all those involved. However, other men of the Lion Family who were present at the Moti Great Family Army camp were more bitter over the death of their chief, and besides were in negotiations with the Bisrian king; and so they declared Trenessa's younger brother Jonessa the new Lion Family-Chief, and went with him to attack Kirost when he left for his mountain strongholds to levy new reinforcements; and so they caught up to him and killed everyone there, and Kirost's mind went to the Good God, for he had been judged to have done more good than evil, having restored a family based on the old laws and the principles of justice, amongst many other deeds of valour.

So the Good God asked Kirost if he had a last request before his mind left the mortal world entirely; and Kirost told the Good God that he wished to go back to life and to kill his attackers, but the Good God said that to let the dead rise again was to damage the world and to do so in the name of goodness was to let the Evil God demand something of equal value in the name of evilness, and that therefore this request was such as could not be granted. Then Kirost asked the Good God to grant his children luck in avenging him, and the Good God agreed.

And so it happened that when Kirost's seven sons had heard of this, they set out with their retainers earned by right of lineage or by right of valour, and massacred Jonessa and his warriors and all other lions they found in the vicinity of the main army's camp, and after that some of them said that the required vengeance has been done, but at the subsequent mourning feast of the Horse Family the eldest of them, Darost, was elected as the new Horse Family Chief, and he decreed that the Horse Family would never stop killing lions except when stopped by circumstances, and since then the Horse Family and the Lion Family hated each other with a passion and slaughtered each other whenever there was opportunity, and many said that this was truly tragic, for the Lion Family guarded the western frontier and the Horse Family guarded the eastern frontier, but others said that it was good, because now there was no way the two mightiest and most valorous of families could fight together against the Chief-of-Chiefs, and whenever kept from killing each other would try and outdo one another in killing foreigners and other enemies. Also, some at that time thought that the Horse Family, being so recently rebuilt and made of people who in truth were until recently mere bandits, would not outlive its founder; nonetheless, it both survived and remained true to its laws of justice, by which the Horse Family had neither humans nor godlikes, but only the sons of Kirost, and never tilled the soil or traded, but left that to its slaves and friends, instead making war and preparation for war its sole profession.

As for Chief-of-Chiefs Second-Gaci, he fought one last great battle at Bisrium itself two years later, and destroyed what remained of the Bisrian king's army; and having taken Bisrium and purged it clean of evil, he became the King of Bisria and the Chief of All the Bisrian Families, and he granted the northern, eastern and western frontiers of the country with their populations over to the assorted Moti families, satisfying them all, and afterwards came back to Gaci-city to oversee the start of a new age of goodness and justice.

And though by the end it had turned out that this war had not quite destroyed all the evil in the world, its tide was nevertheless stemmed, wealth, piety and justice were all multiplied, the center of the world returned to its rightful place and the Good God stood up from his knees and injured the Evil God's arm.

To: Gaci the Mountain Hermit

For too long have we pretended that Moti with the souls of animals are true people. Return to the dirt and root for nuts and berries like the pigs that you are.

Sorry if the quality is subpar compared to all the other stories around here; I’m still working on improving quality, which still seems to be poor.

Golden Discussion

We start are journey upon the ship, Golden, named after the almighty Golden Men. They who could turn anything into gold, but as we travel past the slipshod work that painted name on the hull appears to be, we find ourselves listening into a heated discussion about a variety topics.

“You lie Argatos, it is Nahari, not Naharry” stated the third in command, Hastos.

“Ahhh, but it does not matter, they are still hairy” slurred Argatos, the mere oarsmen who still barely held a goblet even though he had drained its contains long ago.

“Look, your half drunk more then the rest of us, if anything, you’d say that we are the naharry on the Soliman in the depts of ocean”

“Which Soliman? With the large amount of imagination these captains have, by golly, we have what, 7 Solimans now?” chimed in Ostmen,”And, don’t we have 3 more Goldens besides this fine beauty.”

“8 Solimans, 4 Goldens, get it right” Juilos said after rolling his eyes in the darks, why couldn’t every a pig of a man like Argatos keep on top of the news? Nothing ever happens out east anyways. The biggest event was the sinking of the Soliman, and that was what 2 years ago?

“Oh, you shut up, stop being an ass for once and be a man, why do we every need a scribe on” Argatos fired back.

“Oh stop pestering him Arg, he knows why he is here, but I’m wondering why you every arrived on the Golden.” Hastos sternly said.

“I was forced on, King Juilon's naval conscirpton” Argatos almost yelled back is spite, but restrained himself at the last second.

“No wondering you rather drink than row, you’re a conscripy” Ostmen stated in a mocking tone.

Many comments are heard from the onlooking who haven’t yet found something to mention and laughter erupts from around the Golden as Argatos storms off to one end of the boat in frustration and embarrassment, the discussion resumes in a more civilized manner.

“Where we heading anyways captain Rust? Asked Juilos

“West, that are my orders, gather along with the majority of fleet off of Ischya, then I’m suppose to receive more orders directly from King Julion himself”

“Long may King Juilon be rich! In life and wealth!” was spoken in a sort of reverence from several members of the ship.

“Yes, we, I believe will be seeing the, what did you call it, Arg?” laughed Rustinous.

“Naharries sir, Naharries, I am right Argatos?” Ostmen burst out in laughing.

“Shut up will you!” Argatos yelled.

“Yes, the King believes does not what Nahari to believe that we haven’t noticed their aggression unnoticed, or that was what he said to me and captian Gastomo when I last saw him before we left for Gade.

“But we are so far from them, its taken us a few months to get to Ischya from Gade, and isn’t….."

And we leave the Golden and the speculation that has been caused by the captains orders, is Leun out to attack Nahari? or is ot simply preparing for a attack by Nahari? Or neither, maybe I’m just writing a story for the bonus? Only time will tell.

to: Neruss and Gyza
You are free from the oppression of the Sesh, we offer you protection.

to: Palmyra
We wish to purchase your holdings in the Chimoai Isles. What is your price?

to: the Astrii
We apologize and will withdraw from your domain, our maps were off. For clarification, where do you define your domain?

To:The Empire of the Trilui

We are honoured by your presence and we recognise our new masters. The fact that you could wipe us of the face of the earth in a swipe of your finger makes us forever in debt to you. We offer our lands our wealth and our people.

Official Message to the known world:

The Neruss surrenders its lands to the Empire of the Trilui

To:The Empire of the Trilui

We are honoured by your presence and we recognise our new masters. The fact that you could wipe us of the face of the earth in a swipe of your finger makes us forever in debt to you. We offer our lands our wealth and our people.

Official Message to the known world:

The Neruss surrenders its lands to the Empire of the Trilui

Very well, your nation and people will become an autonomous province under our wings.

Top Bottom