Orbis - the original thread

The Minor trait allows leaders to gain new traits based on their playstyle. Found a religion, you may gain Spiritual and lose Minor. Research magic techs, you may gain Arcane.

Are there triggers for financial? Or the +cultural one? Or the wonder building one (which would be weird if you had to build a wonder first without the bonus).

In short, somehow I'm not sure if it's possible to shape a minor leader down the path one might want.

How is the multiplayer doing? Last time I tried two times to play Orbis but in turn 30 there was no synchronization anymore. (Sry, I do not have the savegameright here.)
Are there some known issues? Maybe just skip a race and it works?

Respectively 0.22 I didn't notice problems (but didn't play a lot either). However, I like that civic traits are treated as real civic characteristics and not by technology. And with the Minor leaders there are somehow quite long leader lists; I would only make them playable in custom games by option (allow minor leaders) if this is possible. For 0.22c as mentioned, I'd not sugest to give Illians food by tundra.

Are there triggers for financial? Or the +cultural one? Or the wonder building one (which would be weird if you had to build a wonder first without the bonus).

In short, somehow I'm not sure if it's possible to shape a minor leader down the path one might want.

To see the full list, check this thread. It's where Ahwaric got the code from. It is possible to gain any normal trait.

I'm beginning another game today. Amurites, Noble as always, PerfectWorld2 (mostly to try the new version), Aggressive AI, no tech trading, no vassals, barbarian world, living world, blessing of amatheon, last days, end of winter and other settings... I chose Tya Kiri because I love to play minor leaders. They have a flexibility that "major" leaders don't have.

So, it all began in tundra but it revealed to be a patch of grassland near a great great desert. By chance, the sole river flowing through it is near me so I've a big place to expand. Nile Amurites? :p I spawned a Great Sage in the Pyre of Seraphic -> I've got Knowledge of the Ether really fast. I beelined Octopus Overlords (wanted to) and built the wonder with a prophet. Used a second to found Kilmorph... in the same city where I found OO. Great culture city! Thanks to the Necronomicon, I have Water mana and I'm converting some desert into plains. And thanks to Standing Stones, I have Nature mana, so I could turn plains into grasslands with an Archmage. Hurray! There's quite interesting resources in the middle of this desert (Incense, Reagents, Mana).

One question: where did all those early game bards came from?! And why didn't I get any of them? :mad: Is that the event where you can wait 15 turns to have one? Or is it just Bard citizen from Monument? Or lairs? But if it is lairs... why bards?

Question: Has anybody else been having problems with some units? I've played as the Bannor and the Elohim, and both times certain units (fort commanders, hunters, etc.) I could only control through hotkeys because there were no command buttons. I couldn't promote them either. It looks like an awesome mod, but this is kind of ruining the experience for me, only being able to promote warriors and scouts...

Top Bottom