Hurrying temples on new city w/ religious civ

allism

Chieftain
My apologies in advance if this is a dupe...

Conditions:
Playing as Japan (Religious)
Government is Monarchy (hurrying through gold)
v. is 1.22

Assumptions I am making (these may be incorrect):
Number of shields to build temples is halved for religious civs
Cost of hurrying during monarchy = shields required * 4

When I build a new city, if I attempt to hurry a temple immediately after building the city (either as soon as the zoom screen opens, or after closing the zoom screen and reopening it, or using right-click to hurry), the cost is 240 gold (the cost the temple is for a non-religious civ - 4*60). As soon as play advances one turn (the city produces one shield, but I don't know if this is a factor), the cost drops to 116 gold (29*4, the correct cost for a temple since temples are half as expensive for religious civs).

Other conditions I should check and will as soon as I get to the point in a game where it is feasible - so if anyone else has input on these, it would be helpful:
Check barracks for same conditions
Check cathedral for same conditions
Check other religious civs for same conditions

allism said:
Cost for ANYTHING, you mean?

Yes. So in your example, a non-religous civ would have to pay 4*60*2 = 480 if there are no shields in the production box, while a religous civ pays 4*30*2 = 240.

If you are going to rush anything when you have no shields, rush a worker first (cost 80) and then you can rush the rest without paying double. It will save you some cash.

Top Bottom