New NESes, ideas, development, etc

1919 NES has no nukes. ;)

Meh, its a different atmosphere anyway.

I thought this was a forum for new NES ideas. Now I'm not going to mod one myself, I don't have the time but I passed over a concept that I think might work. What I'm saying is why not base a NES on Yugolsav Wars, you know Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Kosovo, heck maybe NATO peacekeepers and paramilitary orgainizations like Arkans Tigers. Give me a response to it soon okay?

Hmm, well personally, I don't like small-scale maps. And the idea might be a sensitive point for some people.

So is World War II with the Hitler back in charge, what's you point Iggy? It'd be interesting for a small scale for once, and I could come up with some unique concepts if anyone wants to mod.

Where are you from Krimzon Striker and why for the love of fsm the Yugoslav wars?It was mostly killing of civilians,guerilla warfare and strenious political and diplomatic negotiation,with operations Flash and Storm driving out the Serbs in the end.

That's what I'm trying to say. I have a Croat friend who lost a bunch of cousins. And it's not a thing that would make a very interesting NES anyway.

Fresh Start! Or future!

What I'm saying is why not base a NES on Yugolsav Wars, you know Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Kosovo, heck maybe NATO peacekeepers and paramilitary orgainizations like Arkans Tigers. Give me a response to it soon okay?

You forgot the Spetsnaz. ;) But generally, I don't like such limited region NESes anyway. And I quite agree with Cleric.

I'm from New York City, and I have a Jewish Uncle and plenty of Muslim friends who lost people in that incident. But it was just an idea, I know it was really recent but no one can deny it was an important part of history and I think Cleric's opposition pretty much made itself clear on why I think it would have been interesting.

Thing is, its too limited in scope.

I'm currently developing the ruleset for a future-based story NES. If you're interested CHECK IT OUT!!

Will do Darw but I am cutting down severely.
Hey Krimzon, great idea: I think it would make NES'ing more realistic.

Heres a little idea I incorporated into my NES. It has to do with barbs and gray areas on the map; mainly for fresh starts. In bold is the new idea..

Dark Grey: Barbarians who are backward, and most likely weak. Won't try to negioate. Theese are your real barbarians here.

Light Grey: Can be anywhere from semi-advanced barbs, to weak city states not strong enough to be a nation. Most light grey areas have cities in them. They are also smart enough to see your stronger than them and negoiating is possible with theese peoples. But if they are aggresive, theese areas are harder to counqer...

Well my first NES plan didn't go so well (I eventually worked out that it would require much more time than I had to offer to do it in the level of detail it deserved). So I'm thinking of doing a simpler NES, either freshstart on this map:

Grey - Tundra
Dark brown - Mountain
Lighter Brown - hills/rocky highlands
Really dark green - Jungle/rainforest
Mucky Green - Swamp or floodplains (pretty easy to work out which)
Dark green - Boreal Forests
Lighter Green - Deciduous Woodland
Pale green - grassland
Pale yellow - plains/steppes/Savannah
Greeny-yellow - Scruby Woodland/Mediterrean

Or a age of discovery era history to the same map (note, not complete yet - red cities are trade/goodsproduction centres ala ITNES):

Anyone interested or have suggestions? vote for either one?

Wow. Nice, but I would rather start from scrath. But if you do the bottom one sign me up :cool:

Top Bottom