New NESes, ideas, development, etc

Das can you talk to them? ;)

As for this NES, give me all the ideas that you came up with.
Since I am designing it, here are the postulates I accepted:
"Universe is human (humanoid) and in a Confederation form. Confederation has a policy of rapid development of backward worlds to bring them into the star community. Various groups go onto the planet and develop it. The game will go in 2 stages:
1. Before locals know who manipulates them
2. After the first official starport if built (no majour wars then)

Sounds good? :confused:

Das can you talk to them?

I can, but they seem to have a taboo against that. They suspect that there are sea-otters with mind control devices capable of infiltrating MSN.
"Universe is human (humanoid) and in a Confederation form. Confederation has a policy of rapid development of backward worlds to bring them into the star community. Various groups go onto the planet and develop it.

Yes, and they come into conflict, sometimes going as far as actual "spy wars" on the planet.
1. Before locals know who manipulates them
2. After the first official starport if built (no majour wars then)

Hmm, yes, good enough. Questions - is it possible that some locals ("the government") at the later period of development could find the progressors out to some extent? Also, when do we start it, development level-wise?

Sounds good!

Don't get your first question.
As for the second I was thinking "on the edge of Bronze and Iron ages". Development level: "latest Aztech and Inca Civilization, Biblical times in Palestine and Middle East...

What kind of space weapons are gonna be used?Phasers and photon torpedos OR lasers guns and missiles/torpedos.Me hope for missile/torpedos and laser guns.I hope it will be something like X2.Can we be a corporation?

This will be a lots of fun. :)

Cleric there WILL be Confederacy Army watching this kind of activity ;)

*slips credit chits to Generals* :)

*gets shot by secret police* :p

Seriously I see the Confederacy weapons development on approx Star Wars level, however interplanetary wars are expensive and the Confederacy stands strong.
Weapons:
"Laser blasters" -come in all sizes and types
space weaponry - missiles, laser guns, energy shields and so on
no oil aircruft - repulsor platforms instead....

of course military has the best stuff and weapons are expensive to smuggle....

Don't get your first question.

I mean whether eventually some of the locals begin to actually understand what the hell is going on.

Show the random map, Gelion! I can help you with ideas for civilizations, if you need any ofcourse.

As for space weapons and such, I think that yes, Star Wars level, the Confederacy wouldn't like any such thigns used (possibly attacking those who DARE violate their ruels?). I somehow suspect that there will be many dogfights over the Antarctic, where the locals won't be tipped off to the existance of the progressors.

Here's the map that I plan to use:

By Amenhotep7

However it needs Antarctic and a few more islands,

Das I take any ideas that come from you.... so do the civilizations :)

EDIT: regarding your question - yes, but it will take them some time. As soon as it happens or rather soon after it happens Confederation becomes official. Interestingly at first it is possible that only the factions know of the planet and then the Big Brother comes and sets some rules....
Lol you know I plan to use some of my Dune Ideas. Just for kicks ;)

I am gone for an hour and you didn't pot anything :eek:

alright, I have free time finally and so if someone wants me to mod a NES I am willing to do it

Are you fine with me designing it?

I am fine with you designing it as long as you dont make it too complicated or I can change a few of the rules if I dont like them a lot

Gelion, don't you think the distances between the continents are alittle too much? Also, there should be topographic, weather and terrain maps as well. Ask NK for those when he's done with an update, he made one of those at some point so he should have some experience.
Das I take any ideas that come from you.... so do the civilizations

For that I'd really need the information of climate, etc. Wouldn't want a Greek-like civilization in the jungles, I guess.
Interestingly at first it is possible that only the factions know of the planet and then the Big Brother comes and sets some rules....

So before he comes, we get to knock around each other as we want barring attacks on the starbases? I.e. space pod interception in orbit, dogfights in the Arctic, agents with lightsabres (hey, you said Star Wars level!) cutting each other into pieces? This is getting better and better...

Glad to see that you'll mod this, SB!

ahh yes, i can see my army of fanatical jedi now... :D

I personally think that having the natives start out at say Industrial age is nicer, gives some of us that likes to fight with outnumbered odds a chance. but that's just my opinion.

Oh, and btw, I was talking about stalin back then, his NES already started.

Here's something for the setting:

"Amenria [provisional name, changes pending]. Of all the Earth-like planets in the world, this one is the most earth-like, and that means that albeit it has its problems it is generally a good place to live in. Its main difference is, ofcourse, that within the planet's crust there are countless mineral riches. Needless to say, the Confederation found that useful, and decided to send out a government progressor expedition.

The Confederation is a very loose union of many, many, many humanoid worlds. Just so happened that the news of the planet's riches spread very quickly. And already, space corporations, sniffing profit, humanitarian organizations, sniffing a chance to do something very useful and moral, and planetary governments for the combination of the two reasons, and bands of adventurists just for the sake of it, have send out expeditions.

Just as the Confederate star base was set up, its commander looked out at the radar. Shut down the radar, pinched himself, turned it on again. Bashed his head against the titanium wall some, looked again. THAT WAS IMPOSSIBLE!

But here his base was, surrounded and overshadowed by a countless number of other such bases, only bigger, better, etc. The Confederate government itself was rather stunned. At first, some within it even asked for armed intervention, but finally General Secretary of the Confederacy waved his hand at it. On two major planets, ethnic strife was brewing. In the outer reaches of the Confederacy, more and more Wanderer sightings were reported.

"Let them do what they want there as long as they advance the planet to some significant level. Lets just leave those idiots alone there, frankly I don't care if they eat each other, their competition will only help the effort as they will try to outshine each other. Just make sure they behave - no utter destruction of star bases and the like, our government invested too much into those and besides the newspapers might notice, brainwashing all of them takes too much electroenergy. Now, about those Wanderers...""

:cry: I wanted to do this part myself ;) Good story das only one problem.... I wanted a couple of turns before confederation finds out about that place...
So firstly a few factions arrive
then confederation comes in guns blazing
then some more rules are settled and more factions arrive (NPC?)
then more game...
then locals realize they are not alone
then things become official

OR somethign of that sort..

About the map. There was one GREAT NES someone was modding a few months ago. I only remember he had a phalanx avatar. That NES was on a totally random planet with terrain maps and all. I know you played it.... could you dig it up?

Gee, I have no idea what's going on in THIS thread but I liked the idea about the Confederacy with the Star Wars weapons. ;)

New NES!
booy- oh wait this is the same thread; just a page earlier
nevermind

So firstly a few factions arrive

Jawohl, to make their names go down in history and to be the first on spot when the planet is advanced enough to support mining operations. Or something like that.
then confederation comes in guns blazing

Yes, with a death star just in case ;) .
then some more rules are settled and more factions arrive (NPC?)

NPC and those who only then noticed the existance of this NES. ;)
then locals realize they are not alone

And start making TV series about it.
About the map. There was one GREAT NES someone was modding a few months ago. I only remember he had a phalanx avatar. That NES was on a totally random planet with terrain maps and all. I know you played it.... could you dig it up?

Espirito's. Then again, there was also aaminion's Tribes NES which inspired Espirito to create his. Dig for it yourself. Or wait for tomorrow. Or later today if I don't get the inspiration to write some more of that AH I promised to Alex.

man... espiritos NES kicked so much ass....

Top Bottom