Sailing Ships Reskins

Could you redesign the Dutch UU East Indiaman to match these Dutch ships creations? So the Dutch Fleet will have a uniform appearance.... I suspect the samething goes for the Portugese UU Carack.... Thanks.

Could you redesign the Dutch UU East Indiaman to match these Dutch ships creations? So the Dutch Fleet will have a uniform appearance.... I suspect the samething goes for the Portugese UU Carack.... Thanks.

Here you are.

JustATourist, a request. Would it be possible to reskin the proper Firaxis frigate into a Dutch (and English) frigate too? And for those nations you already skinned the Firaxis frigate into a national one, could you create a national reskin for the privateer?

Done, too.

@Just ATourist: Nice reskins!;)

Before anyone becomes borred, some more stuff: Norse Sailing Ships. Included are: Vinking Caravel (edited Galley), Galleon, Frigate and SotL. For people from the I-have-replaced-the-vikings-with-another-tribe-because-of-historical-accuracy faction I have also added minor reskins for danish and swedish ships. I have chosen to replace the SotL with a Wargalleon, because all pictures of danish and swedish SotLs I have found have more the shape of a Galleon than of a Frigate.

Unfortunally the damage textures for my viking boot (caravel) doesn't work. I don't have an idea why, I really don't find anythig wrong anymore... Well, if someone of the real experts can explain me, why it is not working, I'd really appreciate any help.

The Norse Viking ships look great! Hopefully the first from a row of non-historical units (since the Vikings civilization in history was replaced by other nations in the Age of Sail). I've been looking to find images of early Italian ships from the old City States (Repubbliche Marinare) in order to get you started on Roman Age of Sail units, but have not find suitable graphics yet. If I do, I will post them here, and hopefully it will be the start of the completion of all the European based Age of Sail units, even for the civilizations that do not have a broad naval History (Holy Roman/Austrian Empire) and for Civilization that were no longer around in the Age of Sail (Roman Empire, Carthagenian Empire). I'm still in doubt where the Byzanthines should belong. European? Maybe an edit with Latin sails? They are Roman in origin. But towards the Age of Sail, before the fall of the empire, the relied on navies from the above mentioned Italian city states...

Thanks Walbeek. It's allways nice to get a feedback from time to time. :)

I am thinking about roman ships for a while now and I have some ideas, but nothing very concrete until now. It would be more easy, if I'd know, why this da...ehm unpleasant damage textures doesn't work anymore, so I could do more experiments on changing ships. I really thought, I have fixed this.

Concerning the viking ships, how do you manage to keep shadow on the parts you change (do you have some extra layer set up for that in a file of yours - and how did you create it) ?

I am using Norway as the Vikings, so I thought about maybe putting on the norwegian coat of arms and flag, but when I do, I lose the shadows :(

Norway, the only one I chose not to create skins for, because of the Denmark-Norway union 1380 to 1814, so most of the time of the age of sail. Ships of Denmark-Norway had danish flags.

But to answer your question, Mamba: You have to take a sail without any coat of arms (or a white flag) but with shadows and put the coat of arms with white background into a new layer. Then multiply both layers.

Norway, the only one I chose not to create skins for, because of the Denmark-Norway union 1380 to 1814, so most of the time of the age of sail. Ships of Denmark-Norway had danish flags.

Nothing wrong with that. I am torn between Sweden and Norway for the Vikings, they do tend to use Swedish units too in my mod, simply because there are some while there are no norwegian ones, so maybe I switch to Sweden eventually ;)

But to answer your question, Mamba: You have to take a sail without any coat of arms (or a white flag) but with shadows and put the coat of arms with white background into a new layer. Then multiply both layers.

Thanks, worked nicely, using multiply did the trick

If you do get that Caraval Damage working again... I was wondering why did you choose a triangular Latin sail, instead of a Square sail? Is it because otherwise the newly created Caravel looks too much like the Galley?? Don't get me wrong: I like the Caraval with its Dragonhead and all! But was just wondering about how it would look with a square sail. If it does look too much like the galley, maybe you could attach a small triangular sail in the front and a square main-sail...

Maybe it would be nice to attach a dragon(head) of some sorts to the bow of the galleon and/or frigate??? And how about some of those typical Viking round-shields along the side ;)
Sorry getting to carried away here. Just wanted to aks about the Caravel's sail ;)

Top Bottom