Game crashes late game

meazza

Chieftain
Hi All, First time posting here. Apologies if this has already been discussed. The game seems to work fine on my Elitebook but yet around 400 turns into the game right when my rival civ enters into future era, the game crashes to the desktop. This is the first time. I have the game running on minimum and it seems to work fine although there is a lag when I scroll. The map i use is large and the amount of Civs is about 8 I believe (3 left at the time of the crash).

Here is my dxdiag (wondering if my PC is underpowered or the patch should hopefully resolve it):

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
System Model: HP EliteBook 8530p
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3068MB RAM
Page File: 1457MB used, 4675MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
Display Memory: 1529 MB
Dedicated Memory: 252 MB

Welcome to the boards.

Yup, several threads on this. All say the same thing. Some as early as turn 250, I made it to 440.

Just sit back and WAIT for the patch, which I hope to God they are working on and will be released and waiting for me after I hit "submit" here...

Same problems ... the game crashes at 400 turns with no reasons :mad:

I was already furious of the steam package... and now the game crashes !!! ...

For instant I enjoyed better Civ IV BTS RoM aND !!!

Hope Firaxis will urge to provide its patch to fix the problem.

I'm playing with the French version... it seems Spanish version get same troubles...:mad:

Welcome to the boards.

Yup, several threads on this. All say the same thing. Some as early as turn 250, I made it to 440.

Just sit back and WAIT for the patch, which I hope to God they are working on and will be released and waiting for me after I hit "submit" here...

Thanks. I was sure my laptop was decent enough. Unhappy that it crashed. I was just about the get the robot unit so I could walk all over Egypt :mad:

I am playing a Marathon game (probably my fourth one or so) and had not had any problems until my most recent one(s), which I started last Sunday. On that one, it kept locking up on turn 578. I tried going back to a saved game (about 20 turns earlier) and it did the same thing. I tried several times, changing my moves and even changing my research, all to no avail. I tried saving the game right before the fatal turn, but when I try to load that game, I get a fatal error and the game shuts down.
I did notice one odd behavior in this game that I don't recall seeing in any other game: after negotiating peace with an AI, when the Peace Treaty expired, the game proceeded to inform me that the "Treaty has expired" EVERY TURN until the game froze. This went on for probably 100 turns.
I have finally started a new game (I gave up on the other one), and when I DOWed and AI, then negotiated peace... the treaty runs out and... now the game is telling me EVERY TURN that the peace treaty has expired. I'm wondering if these are related and that I can look forward to this game tanking on me, perhaps at trun 578.
Does anyone else get this "Peace Treaty with XXX has expired" message EVERY TURN?

The game is crashing for me after hitting Next Turn on turn 416. Loading the Quicksave I made just before this crashes the game as well.

The Event viewer reports:
Code:
Faulting application civilizationv.exe, version 1.0.0.62, faulting module 
cvgamecoredllfinal release.dll, version 3.0.3.0, fault address 0x0004c48e.

I just eliminated Napoleon on this turn, so I replayed turn 416 and did nothing (could not force End Turn - had to hit space on every unit). This time, the game did not crash, so perhaps eliminating a civ at the wrong time could be the issue.

Top Bottom