A few issues, advice needed

chaz58

Chieftain
First of all I would like to offer my thanks to the team for what is undoubtedly the most enjoyable mod I have played for any game, massive thumbs up! :goodjob:

However, I have a few slight issues with the mod that I thought I should report:
1) Once I am about half way into a game, turn times slow to a crawl (at least 30 seconds). As well as this, I get a CTD if I attempt to reload once in a game because of a 'memory allocation error.' I'm pretty sure the performance issues are on my end, my setup isn't exactly brilliant (P4 2.8ghz, 2gb RAM, 128mb Radeon x300 video card :blush:) so I was wondering if upgrading my video card might improve the time taken between turns and prevent my crashing issue. Any advice?

2) I am playing as the Ljosalfar and have built Kythra Kyriel, however upon reaching 100xp he no longer gains any experience, even from combat. I have successfully managed to train others past this point (Gilden Silveric and Baron Halfmorn) so hopefully this is just an issue with the one unit. Thoughts?

1) Once I am about half way into a game, turn times slow to a crawl (at least 30 seconds). As well as this, I get a CTD if I attempt to reload once in a game because of a 'memory allocation error.' I'm pretty sure the performance issues are on my end, my setup isn't exactly brilliant (P4 2.8ghz, 2gb RAM, 128mb Radeon x300 video card :blush:) so I was wondering if upgrading my video card might improve the time taken between turns and prevent my crashing issue. Any advice?

30 seconds per turn doesn't sound too unusual if you're playing very large maps with a lot of civs. Likewise for the MAF - it's a known issue of Civ, not specific to FfH though possibly FfH save files reach the size that causes the problem more quickly due to the additional content.

Top Bottom