FFH won't load...

Ekolite

Deity
Ok, I finally got BTS working on my computer but now FFH wont work.

I have a computer in my room and a computer in my lounge. I'm not allowed to play on the PC in the lounge and I don't have internet on the one in my room so what I've always done is to d/l FFH and FFH patches from my lounge PC and copy it across to my Room PC with a USB drive. Recently I got a new computer in my room, which has windows vista. So I installed Civ4 and BTS and copied FFH2.30g to my PC. But whenever I try to load FFH either through BTS or using the shortcut on my desktop it crashes or something. Windows vista is strange and the PC doesn't actually crash but the screen sorta freezes and I get a little blegggggh sound saying the damn thing doesn't like it for some reason. So I just have to press Ctrl-Alt-delete and close it with task manager.

Please help me! I don't even like normal civ! :p

All that info above was just in case the problem is related to any of that.

Ok, Ive been trying to get BTS/FFH to work for practically 2 solid days now and I've officially given up on it now. I guess I'll stick with Oblivion for a while and try again when Ice comes out. :(

I need more specifics about the crash. When exactly does it occur, what does it say, etc.

It doesnt say anything. It happens when loading the mod. Screen goes black, and it wont close without me using the task manager. Nothing more to say really.

Hmmm does FFH need any Civ 4/BTS patches? Also, does anyone know what the ''Roaming'' File is? I think my problem might be to do with the fact that it keeps trying to install it into different places. Civ4 should have a firaxis games folder in Program files. BTS should have a file in the Civ 4 file, and then FFH should have a file in the BTS mods file. For some reason I found civ4 and bts files in the roaming folder after I uninstalled them. I deleted them and will try to install them again when someone says if it needs a patch.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've done it in the past but how would I copy a patch using a USB drive to put it on my PC? There's a file called Patches but its always empty or a shortcut :confused:

Ok. Is there any way to see if you have a patch already? And how do I copy it to my PC with no internet access?

Download on the Computer with Internet access, move downloaded .exe onto Flash and run it on the non-internet computer.

If you already have that patch, it will tell you when you try to install it. I'd say even if you have the patch it is worth downloading and saving for future need to re-install the entire thing.

Sorry to bump this thread - but I figured it was better than starting a new one.

Regardless, I am having the same issue when loading the mod. After clicking Load A Mod > FFH and then the load begins, I get these errors around 30% (ish):

That would be

Tag:ERA_ORDE in Info Class was Incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Civilizations/CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

With each file being (in order of appearance) "_ORDE", "_LEAF", "_VEIL", "_RUNE", "_OCTO", "_COUN", and finally "_EMPY". Once cycling through all of the errors they will repeat.

I put this here because of the mention above by xienwolf of:

Do you get the small box that has a progress bar and announces loading of the XML?

Which and no real answer after that (as the problem was answered by updating Civ4 & BTS). I'm up to date, and I can't see any other problems.

Please help?

It looks to me like you installed the Patch alone instead of the main mod.

He's correct. From the first post int he bug thread:

4. You get an ERA_ORDE error when you try to start the mod. This means you haven't installed the full mod, only the patch. You need to download and install the full mod.

Ok I d/led 3.13 on my internet PC. Then I d/led FFH 2.30.

BTS works fine, and the patch is definately there.

But, when I try to load FFH it gets to

[Fall from Heaven 2.30 Init Engine] or something like that and then the screen goes black and I get this pop-up:

Does anyone know what this is because something's clearly not right.

That happens when it cant find the resource (theme) files. The usual reason it can't find the theme files is because you have only installed the patch, not the full mod.

It could also be because you are running the mod out of an unusual location. Lets say you installed the full mod in my "Documents\mods\.." and the patch in "Program Files\Firaxis\.." you would get that error even though you have technically installed the full mod and the patch (but were trying to run from the patch directory).

Try to reinstall the full mod. Make sure it is installing to "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\" (or whereever the "FfH Age fo Ice" folder is). Then reinstall the patch, makign sure it is going to the same location.

Hmm, vista has a stupid habit of installing civ4/bts in my games instead of in program files, what I did was just copy the files across putting the BTS one inside the Civ4 one like it usually is, strangely age of ice etc don't seem to have a file as far as i can see, even though i can play them. When you d/l a patch is there usually a file n the 'Patch' folder in bts, should it have a 3.13 one? I checked in the game and its running 3.13. I haven't installed a FFH patch yet and I definately installed the full mod not the patch.

As soon as my brother gets off I'll try the whole thing again on our other internet PC, with just windows xp. As soon as I get it working I'll just copy every single file down to Civ 4 across onto my vista PC. Hopefully it will work then.

If you see a folder called patch you are in the wrong area. If you see a shortcut to the patch folder you are in the right area.

And yes, not seeing Age of Ice have a folder in the Mods folder is a clear sign as well you are in the wrong place.

Right click on your shortcut for launching BtS and click on properties. Then click on "Find Target" That opens up an explorer window for you. From THIS WINDOW, click on the folder titled Mods and you will be in the proper location.

I too am getting the GFC Error, I have gone through the steps outlined here and everything seems to be in the correct place. In my BTS mods folder I have 2 Fall From Heaven folders: 2 023 and 2 030 (well 3 if you count Age of Ice).
I have checked my BTS version in game and it is the patched 3.13 version. Any ideas what is giving me the GFC error?

I too am getting the GFC Error, I have gone through the steps outlined here and everything seems to be in the correct place. In my BTS mods folder I have 2 Fall From Heaven folders: 2 023 and 2 030 (well 3 if you count Age of Ice).
I have checked my BTS version in game and it is the patched 3.13 version. Any ideas what is giving me the GFC error?

Nope. Attach a screen shot of your BtS directory, you BtS mods directory and your Fall From Heaven 2 030 directory.

Reading through another thread on here I think I might have found the problem. In my FFH 2 030 folder I should have 2 folders (assets and resources) I only have one - Assets. I'm not sure if this would cause the GFC crash...if not than I will post screenshots.

Top Bottom